IGNORED

Exiled Fan-Thoughts

CTRed

As a fan living here in the US it has been a strange few months. It is very different not being able to attend games & get a real feel for the pulse & feeling around the club. I have to get all my information/views/opinions via websites, BCFC Players, interviews, radio Bristol, OTIB, Twitter etc etc.

So, as someone more removed from the intensity of feeling that has grown in & around the club/city/region my understanding is as follows;

*McInnes - fantastic person, worked hard & wanted to do well for the club. Took a great involvement in the behind the scenes infrastructure building including Academy & Scouting system which was relatively non existent on his arrival.

*McInnes - Far too much inconsistency with regard to formations & team selection.

*McInnes - A lack of accountability from the players.

*Fans - Much frustration aimed directly at players & not at McInnes until today. It seems today it came to a head in the stands and the consensus was something had to be done.

For all the opinions everyone has, I understand how the results and team performances can have been poor (with regard to quality, rhythm & understanding) given the constant changes to the lineups & formation. However, there is no performance related explanation for a (from what I gather) lack of effort & desire from the players in recent games. As I am sure we are of the shared opinion that no matter how confused/lacking in quality a player is, a player can always put in the effort to close down the ball, mark their player, put in challenges & generally make it uncomfortable for the opposition. For me, it became apparent that many/most of the players had become disillusioned with McInnes hence the apparent lack of willingness to put in the previously mentioned efforts. For this, the board HAD to act while there was still some opportunity for change.

Personally, I am thankful to McInnes for keeping us up last season, for all the genuine effort, heart & soul he has put into this club, much of which we are largely unaware of. Yes, he has made mistakes, many of which I feel have cost us points this season. I think, generally his signings will bear fruit under a different manager. I am in agreement that now was time for a change. I give him my thanks & truly best wishes for the future, he deserves success.

I give credit to the board for making the decision, this was by no means a straightforward one & they were definitely 'guilty' of giving McInnes every opportunity of turning things around & bringing relative success to our club. Unfortunately this has not happened, I am optimistic that the next appointment will be made with care & attention given to what we are trying to achieve as a club.

So there we have it. It is hard being an exiled supporter, but here's hoping that we have something to cheer in the next chapter of BCFC, I for one believe we will stay up & am excitedly awaiting the new appointment.

COYR

As a fan living here in the US it has been a strange few months. It is very different not being able to attend games & get a real feel for the pulse & feeling around the club. I have to get all my information/views/opinions via websites, BCFC Players, interviews, radio Bristol, OTIB, Twitter etc etc.

So, as someone more removed from the intensity of feeling that has grown in & around the club/city/region my understanding is as follows;

*McInnes - fantastic person, worked hard & wanted to do well for the club. Took a great involvement in the behind the scenes infrastructure building including Academy & Scouting system which was relatively non existent on his arrival.

*McInnes - Far too much inconsistency with regard to formations & team selection.

*Fans - Much frustration aimed directly at players & not at McInnes until today. It seems today it came to a head in the stands and the consensus was something had to be done.

For all the opinions everyone has, I understand how the results and team performances can have been poor (with regard to quality, rhythm & understanding) given the constant changes to the lineups & formation. However, there is no performance related explanation for a (from what I gather) lack of effort & desire from the players in recent games. As I am sure we are of the shared opinion that no matter how confused/lacking in quality a player is, a player can always put in the effort to close down the ball, mark their player, put in challenges & generally make it uncomfortable for the opposition. For me, it became apparent that many/most of the players had become disillusioned with McInnes hence the apparent lack of willingness to put in the previously mentioned efforts. For this, the board HAD to act while there was still some opportunity for change.

Personally, I am thankful to McInnes for keeping us up last season, for all the genuine effort, heart & soul he has put into this club, much of which we are largely unaware of. Yes, he has made mistakes, many of which I feel have cost us points this season. I think, generally his signings will bear fruit under a different manager. I am in agreement that now was time for a change. I give him my thanks & truly best wishes for the future, he deserves success.

I give credit to the board for making the decision, this was by no means a straightforward one & they were definitely 'guilty' of giving McInnes every opportunity of turning things around & bringing relative success to our club. Unfortunately this has not happened, I am optimistic that the next appointment will be made with care & attention given to what we are trying to achieve as a club.

So there we have it. It is hard being an exiled supporter, but here's hoping that we have something to cheer in the next chapter of BCFC, I for one believe we will stay up & am excitedly awaiting the new appointment.

COYR

My last game today before I go into exile to the outback. But you pretty much got it. Any tips for staying in touch with bcfc (is player a good idea etc)

Fair play CTRed

You may be a few thousand miles away, but you've summed the situation up in a nutshell.

Not available for for a post in management are you? :help:

I am actually a professional coach over here so I understand the situation pretty well from both sides of the fence!, always easier when it's someone else's team though!.

My last game today before I go into exile to the outback. But you pretty much got it. Any tips for staying in touch with bcfc (is player a good idea etc)

It works for me, it's not earth shattering but is a good enough service to keep you in touch along with the plethora of other information outlets available these days.

Well you have a more coherent grasp of events than a lot of fans who are here.

The players seem to have just stopped playing for him, this is the 4th manager now, bar a few of the newer signings and our own developement players, many need to go - they know they have the power and call the shots, and know they can get managers sacked - it's far to much of a cosy/easy ride at the club at the moment and it needs to be nipped (I was going to say in the bud, but it's already fully flowered).

I am actually a professional coach over here so I understand the situation pretty well from both sides of the fence!, always easier when it's someone else's team though!.

That's fair enough, but it's interesting that you seem to have realised what the rest of us fans have been concerned about for months, but much of it seems to have passed Del by completely.

That's fair enough, but it's interesting that you seem to have realised what the rest of us fans have been concerned about for months, but much of it seems to have passed Del by completely.

It is hard to always see it as the coach, especially if you fully believe in what you are trying to achieve. However, a good coach listens to those he has surrounded himself with & encourages feedback from players. The coach is not required to listen or implement the feedback but it is so beneficial & indeed invaluable to have other, qualified perspectives to reflect on. I have learned that through experience.

It is hard to always see it as the coach, especially if you fully believe in what you are trying to achieve. However, a good coach listens to those he has surrounded himself with & encourages feedback from players. The coach is not required to listen or implement the feedback but it is so beneficial & indeed invaluable to have other, qualified perspectives to reflect on. I have learned that through experience.

Sounds like you've learned some good lessons there.

Hopefully our new manager will do similar. Only thing is, you need to surround yourself with people who know what they're talking about, otherwise you find yourself in serious trouble.

Maybe that's where DMC went wrong!

Sounds like you've learned some good lessons there.

Hopefully our new manager will do similar. Only thing is, you need to surround yourself with people who know what they're talking about, otherwise you find yourself in serious trouble.

Maybe that's where DMC went wrong!

Yes, I've never been too sure about our 'coaching staff' at the club, I know McInnes overhauled it, just don't know if it improved the quality or just changed the faces. It just seems that when what are considered 'mediocre' players reach another level at other clubs (not always bigger than ourselves) - to me that tends to point toward a different training focus.

COYR

Enjoy your time here!

From where I'm sitting. it has been an awful season with strange selctions, bad signings galore and players brought in to sit on the bench or not at be around on a Saturday at all.

He played Reid and the other lad for 30 mins today as he was finally out of any clues except throw in some kids at three nil down....And they did great

The players stopped playing for the guy weeks ago and a couple of flukes against ten man Posh and Sheff Wed away when AA hit a pearler saved the man from being sacked weeks ago as a gonad deprived board could not see the wood for the trees. DM was a bad manager who has brought in a whole load of hs own at the expense of City stalwarts and has taken us backwards supported by John Lansdown and the rest of daddy's boys!!

I am very much of the opinion that the debts the club have run up have been the fault of Steve Lansdown and I have very limited sympathy as to the size ....Nevertheless Mr Lansdown is fundamental to the club and as long as he is happy to pay for his mistakes he will get my support....

As for DM. He had no record, he had no experience outside of a pub league in a rainy hole on the edge of Europe and was the favorite candidate on this forum who decided Ricky Lambert was not good enough for us and the league we play in!!

Yes our board and SL have made some awful decisions but you can find any number of half wits who didn't believe the evidence of there own eyes and ears on here

McInnes should have gone weeks/months ago and our board should already have a replacement lined up..........................Or perhaps not..............

Enjoy your time here!

From where I'm sitting. it has been an awful season with strange selctions, bad signings galore and players brought in to sit on the bench or not at be around on a Saturday at all.

He played Reid and the other lad for 30 mins today as he was finally out of any clues except throw in some kids at three nil down....And they did great

The players stopped playing for the guy weeks ago and a couple of flukes against ten man Posh and Sheff Wed away when AA hit a pearler saved the man from being sacked weeks ago as a gonad deprived board could not see the wood for the trees. DM was a bad manager who has brought in a whole load of hs own at the expense of City stalwarts and has taken us backwards supported by John Lansdown and the rest of daddy's boys!!

I am very much of the opinion that the debts the club have run up have been the fault of Steve Lansdown and I have very limited sympathy as to the size ....Nevertheless Mr Lansdown is fundamental to the club and as long as he is happy to pay for his mistakes he will get my support....

As for DM. He had no record, he had no experience outside of a pub league in a rainy hole on the edge of Europe and was the favorite candidate on this forum who decided Ricky Lambert was not good enough for us and the league we play in!!

Yes our board and SL have made some awful decisions but you can find any number of half wits who didn't believe the evidence of there own eyes and ears on here

McInnes should have gone weeks/months ago and our board should already have a replacement lined up..........................Or perhaps not..............

And this is what makes our game so great, everyone has an opinion, truly fantastic!

It's heart warming to know there are fans hundreds/thousands away with City still in their thoughts.

If CaliforniaRed and Warsaw_red can travel all that way to watch matches I guess I'd better get myself down from Keynsham for the next match! Here's hoping we can turn a corner and at least see more evidence of a bit of passion from now on.

Archived