IGNORED

Our Support - Comment From A Leicester Fan

Abraham Romanovich

"I am a Leicester City fan and was at the game. I stood near the vociferous home support. I can honestly say that they are some of the loudest, most passionate fans that we have met, and they deserve better than the tripe that their club are making them watch. They sang from start to finish, and, rightly so, gave the manager abuse at the end. Good luck boys. I hope you get out of this mess."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21001780

City fans slag off our own support, as someone who has been to eighty odd league grounds the support in Ashton is nowhere near as bad as some fans make out. Nationally, Ashton is seen as a partisan, atmospheric ground. During the Johnson years it was one of the best for atmosphere in the football league without a doubt.

City fans slag off our own support, as someone who has been to eighty odd league grounds the support in Ashton is nowhere near as bad as some fans make out. Nationally, Ashton is seen as a partisan, atmospheric ground. During the Johnson years it was one of the best for atmosphere in the football league without a doubt.

To be fair when you're in the east end everything seems loud, it's just doesn't seem that loud when you're not

Really? Another quiet afternoon at Ashton Gate I thought. Until the final whistle when fans made there thoughts known.

I left five mins before end, something never done before, I assume there were a few chants from the Atyeo/Dolman ? (Pockets of EE were chanting for his head during the game)

In my experience City fans are often more self deprecating than Gasheads who have this ridiculous and false opinion of themselves as ultra passionate superfans.

If you get dross on the pitch the atmosphere suffers, not just at Ashton Gate but everywhere. When times are good we can create a fantastic atmosphere.

Double post

The savvy traveller speaks. Ashton Gate remains one of the most atmospheric easily in the championship despite the football. The bright spot here is the support.

From the Dolman I noticed straight away the EE was louder. Was it a coincidence the fans were scrunched up together because of the large Leicester contingent?

I know there has been a lot of calls to give the middle section behing the goal to City fans, but the noise does seem to drop when there is more space and fans are stretched across more sections.

This really pissed me off. was cleary the players on the pitch that needed directing at and dont see that would of been productive either. Ah well, tge wish of many has been granted. Still not sure if I wanted him to stay or go but I guess it dont matter now

I left five mins before end, something never done before, I assume there were a few chants from the Atyeo/Dolman ? (Pockets of EE were chanting for his head during the game)

pockets? their was a chant 'sit down if you mcinnes sacked' and quite a number of people sat down.

From the Dolman I noticed straight away the EE was louder. Was it a coincidence the fans were scrunched up together because of the large Leicester contingent?

I know there has been a lot of calls to give the middle section behing the goal to City fans, but the noise does seem to drop when there is more space and fans are stretched across more sections.

I suppose that would depend on whether we managed to pack an extended EE home section and were 'scrunched up' everywhere.

Would probably work if the club did the same that it did on the make-or-break end season games we had in spring and drop the POTD price.

my two penneth..

I've always found Bristol City fans to be great at home, but really pretty poor away..strange, as it's normally the opposite.

its only in the last 3-4 years our support away from home has been poor, before that we have always travelled in large numbers and made a lot of noise. the support from us at cardiff has been really bad due to bubble restrictions, im sure that will now change with restrictions completely lifted.

my two penneth..

I've always found Bristol City fans to be great at home, but really pretty poor away..strange, as it's normally the opposite.

To be fair, when we're flying high in the league and playing well, we will come in numbers and make a racket. Just look at Reading a couple of seasons ago, took 4,000 and it felt like a home game to us. Like now, if we were let's say top 10 in this division, we would take numbers to your place every time.

The fans have had enough of the shit that's been on display for a couple of years now and have stayed away, you can't blame them.

To be fair, when we're flying high in the league and playing well, we will come in numbers and make a racket. Just look at Reading a couple of seasons ago, took 4,000 and it felt like a home game to us. Like now, if we were let's say top 10 in this division, we would take numbers to your place every time.

The fans have had enough of the shit that's been on display for a couple of years now and have stayed away, you can't blame them.

Well yeah, one hand you can't blame them because performances are poor but otoh other clubs maybe retain a larger chunk of their fanbase when things are not at their best. This fluctuating fanbase isn't a great thing.

Archived