IGNORED

The Big Question Is " To Pay Or Not To Pay"

M_Porter

I fear the Club will once again take the cheap option !

To get a good Manager you either need to be VERY lucky (and I dont think lady luck is or has been shinning on us for quite some time now) or you need to splash the cash.

I really cant see us paying compo to get a decent manager out of a contract, but that I guess will also depend on the said decent Manager wanting to even come here.

Even the "Chicken Boys" have figured out you need to find an already employed Manager.

So Luck or Cash ?

I hope it's cash but luck is the more likely option I would have thought !

Cheers

It's pretty easy to spend someone else's money.

If I were SL, I'd be pretty fed up of having to keep splashing the cash.

I think it'll be SOD because he's free and I can't blame SL for that. DMc cost money and didn't do the job, so why not try the cheaper option? We all know that getting out of this mess will be nigh on impossible, so let's just do it for free this time.

It's pretty easy to spend someone else's money.

If I were SL, I'd be pretty fed up of having to keep splashing the cash.

I think it'll be SOD because he's free and I can't blame SL for that. DMc cost money and didn't do the job, so why not try the cheaper option? We all know that getting out of this mess will be nigh on impossible, so let's just do it for free this time.

Yes but your thinking is clearly flawed

If as you suggest SL goes for the cheap option because its "nigh on impossible" to get out of this.

Where does that leave is next season ? we will be in L1 with a sub rate manager.

You also state "so why not try the cheaper option" we have been there and done that in BT and KM and it didnt get us very far, infact some could say its added to the dire position we are in now.

NO I believe NOW is our time to get this right and pay for the right guy.

And is it right for us all to sit here and spend someone else's money, well yes SL had chosen to own the club and as such is responsable for it, and if that means he must pay up then so be it, he always has the choice to leave !

That said im a firm SL fan and always have been ! Plus Maggie and I share a birthday ( Cant believe he forgot my card last year )

To get the right man we need to advertise this vacancy worldwide not just the UK. Some of the best coaches in all levels of football are foreign. One thing is for sure, whoever gets the post needs to change so much in terms of style of play and personnel. I dont have a personal preference but I think he(or she!) will start off with a relegation season.

A good manager is worth 10 good players. So many teams of average players have done well under good leadership, no team has ever excelled under a very bad manager.

I'd dare to say the manager's job is far more important than any other and if our board want me to support them then they need to start showing us they have a brain between them and actually make an appointment that will unite the fans rather than dividing them. I honestly think Warnock or SoD would do that and we'd go from strength to strength. The problem is our board don't realise that the club thrives when it has a massive backing, they just see the fans as cows that they can milk for money.

I think this needs to be viewed as a club changing appointment.

Many have mentioned Swansea in the past and the way they changed the whole culture of their club and I'd love to see us take that route, as there seems to be so many things wrong at BCFC at the moment.

This appointment is far bigger than any single player signing and I feel that the old saying 'you pay peanuts and you get yourself a monkey' is pretty appropriate. I would love to think our board will look round at other clubs and see a manager who plays the right way and goes all out to try and bring him here.

Looking at the inflated prices we've paid for very ordinary players, we may find a manager fairly cheap in comparison.

This really is a perfect chance to shake this club up and breathe new life into it. I just hope we grasp the opportunity and don't waste it!

I fear the Club will once again take the cheap option !

To get a good Manager you either need to be VERY lucky (and I dont think lady luck is or has been shinning on us for quite some time now) or you need to splash the cash.

I really cant see us paying compo to get a decent manager out of a contract, but that I guess will also depend on the said decent Manager wanting to even come here.

Even the "Chicken Boys" have figured out you need to find an already employed Manager.

So Luck or Cash ?

I hope it's cash but luck is the more likely option I would have thought !

Cheers

I think your mental if it was about money Del would still be our manager he's gone it will cost us a lot in compensation.

I think your mental if it was about money Del would still be our manager he's gone it will cost us a lot in compensation.

Yes which is exactly why im worried, as you say it would have cost us some money to sack him, so will they have already overspent thus leaving us the only option of a cheap manager ?

I hope not, but we have been here before, lets just hope the board have learnt and really push the boat out !

Archived