IGNORED

Points West Sports Round Up

riddlesdown red

Often watch their coverage from my Croydon borough postal address just to keep up with things. This Friday it started with Gloucester and bath rugby then city and rovers never even got a mention. I know that there is the thought that the West Country is a rugby hot bed and as long as local news give football a second slot will things ever change. Harlequins are only discussed after football issues in the London area. I would love to see a demographic of city fans who attend matches (age wise) as eventually in another 30years I believe half the fans would either no longer be with us or to frail to attend matches and I am not that convinced that they will be replaced by the current and following generations

Their football coverage is simply rubbish, David Passmore? Says it all.

This rugby hotbed stuff is a myth, Bath and Gloucester are both watched by less than us despite being in the top flight and Bristol attract crowds on a par with Rovers (or less).

Still it suits the types involved with the BBC locally to bang on about egg chasing, doesn't it?

Often watch their coverage from my Croydon borough postal address just to keep up with things. This Friday it started with Gloucester and bath rugby then city and rovers never even got a mention. I know that there is the thought that the West Country is a rugby hot bed and as long as local news give football a second slot will things ever change. Harlequins are only discussed after football issues in the London area. I would love to see a demographic of city fans who attend matches (age wise) as eventually in another 30years I believe half the fans would either no longer be with us or to frail to attend matches and I am not that convinced that they will be replaced by the current and following generations

The only place in the west country where Rugby deserves to be more important than soccer is Exeter

Their football coverage is simply rubbish, David Passmore? Says it all.

This rugby hotbed stuff is a myth, Bath and Gloucester are both watched by less than us despite being in the top flight and Bristol attract crowds on a par with Rovers (or less).

Still it suits the types involved with the BBC locally to bang on about egg chasing, doesn't it?

Gloucester get bigger crowds than City, and have done on a consistent basis since upgrading the stadium 5 or 6 years ago. Not sure about Bath, not sure what their capacity is

As for the rugby hotbed 'myth', I'm not a Bristolian but where I'm from rugby is far more popular and as Points West covers the entire area then they should represent the rugby fans too. Although very odd that football didn't get the headlines this week with City firing and hiring and R*vers having a fantastic win. Although as you say, with Passmore involved I'm not surprised

Archived