IGNORED

The Welcome Steve Cottrell Thread.

Ian M

To an extent, but we need a long term plan on how we are going to play football.

SO'D would have us playing football,which in the long run would bring results imo.

Cottrell would be a stop gap appointment with zero long term plan.

If? Cottrell kept us up this year, what about next year,

Exactly. We might stay up if we get Coterill (still a big ask however), but the best we could hope for under him is consistently being in a relegation battle.

When has he ever taken a club forward?

I honestly believe that SOD would have kept us up and built over the next season or two made us genuine promotion candidates.

The type of football SOD wanted takes time to develop and drill into a squad, it cannot be achieved with relatively young player's new to the club / manager.

The player were 100% buying into the SOD philosophy and there was a strong sense of direction, even when the results were poor.

Steve Lansdown backs SOD mid October (at the very worst point) November we started to turn the tide of negativity and string some results together, good loan signings, clean sheets etc.

We play really well against the league leaders and get a good performance and result.

48 Hours later SOD is sacked for 'poor results'...

Steve Cotterill is given the job on the same afternoon, no other candidates in the process (according to JL)

SC will come in, flap his arms, rattles cages (that don't need rattling), kick arses (that don't need kicking) pump his fists in the air and achieve (IMO) nothing more than SOD would have this season.

I support the team and club overall, but this has really left a sour taste in my mouth.

The board and Cotterill deserve one another.

The next time the ball lands on the AG pitch there will be snow on it, I guarantee it.

I honestly believe that SOD would have kept us up and built over the next season or two made us genuine promotion candidates.

The type of football SOD wanted takes time to develop and drill into a squad, it cannot be achieved with relatively young player's new to the club / manager.

The player were 100% buying into the SOD philosophy and there was a strong sense of direction, even when the results were poor.

Steve Lansdown backs SOD mid October (at the very worst point) November we started to turn the tide of negativity and string some results together, good loan signings, clean sheets etc.

We play really well against the league leaders and get a good performance and result.

48 Hours later SOD is sacked for 'poor results'...

Steve Cotterill is given the job on the same afternoon, no other candidates in the process (according to JL)

SC will come in, flap his arms, rattles cages (that don't need rattling), kick arses (that don't need kicking) pump his fists in the air and achieve (IMO) nothing more than SOD would have this season.

I support the team and club overall, but this has really left a sour taste in my mouth.

The board and Cotterill deserve one another.

The next time the ball lands on the AG pitch there will be snow on it, I guarantee it.

And it'll be back to warning Bedminster International Airport about our home games and practice sessions :(

Archived