IGNORED

The End Of The 5 Year Slide?

HarryCardno

Heres my blog/report of the game yesterday.

blogger-image-927507783.jpg

It was the Foxes that ripped the Robins wings off at Ashton Gate as former loanee Chris Wood scored a hat trick to help Leicester secure a 4-0 win.

I was expecting Leicester to beat us yesterday, it was like predicting who would win in an arm wrestle between the Pope and Mike Tyson. Leicester looked like a team fighting for promotion to the promised land and I believe they will be in the mix.

Firstly, Chris Wood slotted in his first after gaining the ball to the left of play, cutting in with ease to fire in past Dean Gerken, appalling defending and goalkeeping.

Secondly, it was an excellent corner met by the 'David James like' flap from Gerken, followed by some more dodgy defending and when the ball fell to Chris Wood he made no mistake by smashing in his second of the game. 2-0 to Leicester and the boo's started ringing out around Ashton Gate.

It was Chris Wood again to secure his hat-trick as he gained the ball centre of goal, 18 yards out and a rather tame effort found it's way under Dean Gerken, poor goalkeeping again and this particular incident just highlight's why I never agreed with anyone to take Tom Heaton out from between the goalposts because as shown Gerken can be hot headed as well as making some amazing saves, sadly yesterday wasn't his day.

The half time whistle was greeted with a wave of loud booing, which makes me think would a team with good, loyal support have similar problems.

Shortly after half-time Matty James was the man who extended Leicester's lead further to 4-0, as he collected the ball in his stride and fired the ball across Gerken from 20 yards in to the bottom right corner.

So that was it the game settled down and there was some ironic cheers as Bristol City managed to string a few passes together.

But again the full time whistle was greeted with boo's and the reception McInnes with one man screaming "get the **** out of our club" his wishes were later accepted as it was announced Derek McInnes was relieved of his duties which translate's into being sacked.

Now is the time to stop this five year slide we need to make a sensible, long term signing in terms of a new manager. I believe the players we have are good players overall, and it doesn't help their reputation when the tactics of hoofing the ball up top, then passing it as far back as possible then repeating the process isn't going to get anyone anywhere in the Npower Championship.

Someone like Paolo Di Canio would fit in perfectly in my opinion as he take no rubbish off any of the players whilst doing that he let's everyone know whose boss, he a character and very passionate about the game, however I get the impression that he may well be to loyal to Swindon to consider our available position however I consider Di Canio much like Gus Poyet at Brighton and I would excited for City again if he were to be the man to take us forward. The bookies favourites are Mark Robins, Sean O'Driscoll, Paul Tisdale who I understand is working "wonders" at Exeter and finally Billy Davies. So it shows that we aren't looking to spend stupid amounts of money for the next boss and I believe that could cost us.

Archived