IGNORED

Own Up!

The Kaiser

I had a quick look for a laugh.

Then I scrolled down a bit further to see his win percentage and then stopped laughing. 36.29%, not great, but that could be inaccurate as well

Well it's 10% higher than Derek's was here. It means over the course of his 620-game managerial career, O'Driscoll - mostly managing cash-strapped clubs - won more than he lost. If you compress those career stats into a season then you'll find it makes a very handy points total.

Well it's 10% higher than Derek's was here. It means over the course of his 620-game managerial career, O'Driscoll - mostly managing cash-strapped clubs - won more than he lost. If you compress those career stats into a season then you'll find it makes a very handy points total.

Your sells pitch has to improve!

I take your point about managing cash-strapped clubs. I do ask myself though, would I prefer someone deemed to be technically inferior but a "lucky" manager that's achieved a higher average points tally (a Johnson, Cotterill, maybe Warnock type). I don't know the answer, glad I don't have to make the decision.

Your sells pitch has to improve!

I take your point about managing cash-strapped clubs. I do ask myself though, would I prefer someone deemed to be technically inferior but a "lucky" manager that's achieved a higher average points tally (a Johnson, Cotterill, maybe Warnock type). I don't know the answer, glad I don't have to make the decision.

The thing with Cotterill is that although he did a great job at Cheltenham, he has spectacularly failed in some of his jobs. Not really any black spots on S O'D's CV.

But you're right, there is no 'scientific' way to pick a manager. Stats only tell part of the story, in the end it's about instinct - and options.

He won't though, if he does hats off to him.

Don't think he's the right man for the job.

Fair enough, time will hopefully prove you wrong and me right.

At the time a lot of people on here thought McInnes was the man for the job and I didn't. Though I hoped to be wrong that time.

Fair enough, time will hopefully prove you wrong and me right.

At the time a lot of people on here thought McInnes was the man for the job and I didn't. Though I hoped to be wrong that time.

I never thought he was either.

SOD has already got a team relegated from this league.

The thing with Cotterill is that although he did a great job at Cheltenham, he has spectacularly failed in some of his jobs. Not really any black spots on S O'D's CV.

But you're right, there is no 'scientific' way to pick a manager. Stats only tell part of the story, in the end it's about instinct - and options.

didn't he follow the cash and bugger off from stoke to sunderland after only a few months?

also, didn't like him crying in his car when he left portsmouth, nobody was forcing him to leave - not the manager for us IMO

Archived