IGNORED

What Sean Would Bring

harvey54

I was heavily involved with Bournemouth from the mid 90's, just prior to when Sean took over. My ex was a season ticket holder and my company were involved in sponsoring players at the club so I watched a lot of them at the time.

The club had been managed by Mel Machin, a greatly admired footballing man who also tried to get his teams to play attractive football. Sean came up through the backroom staff after playing for AFCB as a full back.

Sean is a thinker; a quiet, intelligent man who can come across as aloof. He likes intelligent players who can take responsibility for changing the game on the pitch according to how the game is going and has a tendency to stand watching the game, saying very little. This can come across as a lack of passion and fans can misinterpret this style of management as indifference but from what players have said, he is very strong in the dressing room, its just not his style to bawl and rant during games.

His teams play pass and move football with full backs heavily involved in forward play. He likes players that are mobile and direct and he always used to get good quality loan players from Premiership clubs because managers respected his coaching and style of play.

I don't know if he could keep this shower of crap up because the squad has very little quality. As a manager who could rebuild the squad and get us playing attractive football, I don't think we could do any better. I still believe that he is a Premiership manager in waiting. I just hope it's with us in the future.

So to first team keepers then...

Heaton?

Cunningham

Anderson

Kelly

Adomah

Baldock

Davies

Am I forgetting anybody? Seems like a shockingly small list.

p.s. almost forgot.. good post Harvey.

I know. Depressingly short list. I think Skuse can play a role as a holding midfielder and we appear to have some talent in the youths that are coming through.

I know that i am going to get abuse for this but i think Pearson would do well. He's being played out of position in central midfield and could do a lot better as a wide, left attacking midfielder. Only time will tell.

Archived