IGNORED

One Year Rolling Contract, Im Not Happy

YouReds

Personally I think that as long as you can get the manager that you wish to attract to agree to it (which we clearly have), one year rolling contracts are the ideal terms of a managers contract.

Also anybody who thinks O'Driscoll is here for the short term and will walk away should the worst happen in May knows absolutely nothing about the character of the man.

quite agree-he will be determined to make a success story here,and his contract will be the last thing on his mind..

Assume SOD signed on the dotted line and said "looking forward to this, think we can do great things... oh, by the way Jon, I'm resigning. My last day will be 13th Jan 2014" or maybe not. Agree that rolling contracts such as SOD's have some upsides vs. fixed term ones and struggle to see any downsides.

Some Donny fans have had nice things to say about Sean:

Very happy for SOD, and wish BCFC all the best with this venture, especially if it is indeed an appointment with the longer term in mind.

Mind you look at SOD's clubs: Bournemouth, DRFC, Crawley, Forest, Bristol City..... And see the common factor? Clearly SOD was never going to Blackpool, or even Burnley a while back, although Barnsley and the Blades were clearly in with a shout......

Come on You Reds!!!!

I wouldn't bet against SOD keeping them up. I think he's more of a motivator than fans give him credit for because they judge him on press conferences, a task that by his own admission isn't his favourite. If you don't like doing something, it's difficult to sound enthusiastic about it.

One thing is certain. Players love playing for him. Why would that be if he couldn't motivate them?

Let's not play this game, he didn't say that nor did he say he would stick with us should we go down.

It's fair to be thinking a manager capable of getting a Championship job will not be willing to stick with us should we go down.

Its a very big ask to target Championship survival with that shower of shush. He knows what division he is likely to be managing in next year, and I would assume that there would be a little bit of bonus to be paid should we survive this year.

Archived