IGNORED

This Feels Right

cheshire_red

SOD spoke about it being a perfect fit during the Press Conference earlier today and I have to agree with him.

As a supporter of this club for over 40 years I've had some great times watching the club, a few bad but the odd relegation in the past 30 years, loads of Final appearances (Micky Mouse Cup were still exciting days out) and we came within 90 minutes of Premiership football.

I know many feel as I do,, proud to be a City fan, proud we have usually played the game the right way on and off the park. All most of us ask is decent football, the players giving their all, most of us can accept defeat if those two points are put in place.

I also like to see a few local lads in the side, it gives us an identity, we're Bristolians in the main or not too far distant and lads who have come through the Academy to play in the 1st XI for me provides more pride in the club.

I believe SOD will deliver on all three of these objectives in time, I believe he is here for the long term, let's give him that time and backing.

I am no longer as concerned about relegation as I was before his appointment, I obviously hope we are able to avoid it but it is going to be very difficult. SOD will get us back up and play good football in the process.

Up The City.

I have wanted SOD since that Saturday afternoon when Donny ripped us a new one at AG. I wanted him before we went for Coppell and again when we went for McInnes. I now have the man i want. If we go down i know he will get us back up and with a little bit of style and that all i have ever wanted .......Style.

I know he has his faults and some Donny and Forest fans have listed these but i think he is the right man at the right time for this club.

Where as on Saturday i had decided not to renew my and my daughters ST's no matter what happened, we now will.

For the first time since we appointed Coppell, i am really optimistic about the future.

It does have the feel of something good but then there was an equal buzz when Del arrived and the first couple of performances on the pitch. I think it's borderline miracle to save us though. We may have to go down to come back stronger I fear

It does have the feel of something good but then there was an equal buzz when Del arrived and the first couple of performances on the pitch. I think it's borderline miracle to save us though. We may have to go down to come back stronger I fear

I was just thinking about the reaction when Del was appointed, but there is a very simple reason why this appointment has the reason to be getting excited about. Sean has experience in this league as well as League 1, where as Del only managed 1 Scottish team before. I'm very happy with SoD but trying not to get carried away, he won't change things overnight. I'm positive he will change it though.

I really wanted Mcinnes to work out - I remember at the time feeling excited and that the club had ( hopefully ) found a diamond in the rough! Even to the end I hoped that he had more in the tank- a back up plan if you will, but just looks like regardless of the pressure he was unable to find the structure/guidance this team so badly needed! Well I will and hope the fans really get behind O'driscoll! It can do nothing but good to put as much behind the lot of them! The man certainly has the experience to take this team/club forward! Mcinnes I think was talking from the dressing room at the end of last season when he said "it's the fans who made the difference , that's why we stayed up!"

I agree, there was a doubt with Del because of the lack of experience and if he was the rough diamond why hadn't anyone heard of him and why had no one else made an approach.

I was very pleased when we appointed GJ because he was a winner, but there was also a slight doubt that he had only done it in the lower leagues, we were in League 1 at the time so not as relevant as it is now.

SOD has the experience of this division, we've seen the football he likes his teams to play when both Bournemouth and Doncaster played lovely football which culminated in us getting severely outfootballed and concede heavily at Ashton Gate.

If we are playing that type of football in a years time we'll all be happy.

Archived