IGNORED

Sean O'driscoll - Right Man, Right Time.

Brizzle Jordan

After having time to reflect and think about the appointment of Sean O'Driscoll, I am like the rest of you and feel very excited and thankful with the appointment.

The pro's I see from this appointment:

Good playing style

Good man management

Likes long-term employement

I wouldn't say he see's himself too good to be managing in league one if we were relegated (after all he did take the Crawley job)

Experience in the Championship and League one

Club seems to suit his family life as he isn't miles away from home

I still believe we can stay up (just) and if we do then it's a fantastic achievement and would be a start to something of real promise under SOD. However let's not kid ourselves as getting relegated is far more likely than surviving considering our defensive ability and points tally.

Looking at the squad we do have some players that would interest the majority of the teams in the division (Heaton, Cunningham, Adomah, Skuse, Kelly, Anderson, Baldock, Davies, Stead) Obviously that's mainly attacking players so the defence needs major work but with the imminent addition of McFadzean and maybe 1 other we would look better.

If we were to get relegated I'd like to think we could keep Cunningham, McFadzean, Skuse, Kelly and Baldock for one more year as they are all on good contracts and have played in League One before. Selling Albert for a few bob would give us the funds to rebuild around those players and look alot stronger IMO.

Sell/Release/Terminate Loan:

Gerken

Foster

James Wilson

Mark Wilson

Fontaine

McManus

Bates

Danny Wilson

Pearson

Morris

Elliot

Taylor

Keep:

Heaton

McFadzean

Cunningham

Nyatanga (I think he's harshly treated by many fans but lets not forget he mostly played alongside Fontaine and Carey)

Bryan

Kilkenny

Kelly

Skuse

Anderson

Reid

Adomah

Burns

Baldock

Stead

Davies

It may sound ridiculous but if we stay up I'll obviously be chuffed and feel as though we've performed a miracle but if we sadly got relegated then aslong as SOD wanted to stay as Head Coach we'd be in safe hands and would have every chance of coming back up. (atleast we'd get to watch City win a fair few games)

The feel good factor is back for me, here's hoping its here for a longer period this time though!

Archived