IGNORED

This Is Disgraceful Imo

Welcome To The Jungle

I'm sure you've all seen the linesman at Arsenal ManC who urged the ManC players over to the away fans as they had paid £62 to watch the game (on bbc if you haven't).

So he is now not running the line on saturday and has been replaced in the fa cup game he was due to officiate for sympathising with the cost of football. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2262269/Manchester-City-linesman-taken-QPR-v-West-Brom-match--VIDEO.html

Who puts these people in charge, seriously. refs get nothing but bad press, but 1 does something caring, kind, understanding or whatever u wanna call it. He's banned from matches. ******* joke. I like to support refs where I can, like I thought the ref saturday was excellent at AG. Sign of a good ref is you dont notice him, i didnt notice the bloke saturday.

• Admin

I would assume that this is not the first time that there has been a bit of banter between the players and officials that could be deemed as inappropriate to some, he was just unlucky that the microphone picked him up so clearly.

Probably done just to take him out of the limelight

Simple. The guy has spoken out against the most sacred tenet of modern football - the primacy of money. He should never be allowed to officiate again!

That sounds about right, whatever you do, don't criticise the money.

This affects all of us not just the premiership clubs. It filters down and we've now got some second rate championship footballers expecting wages way in excess of top flight footballers from not so long ago.

The best protest the Man City fans could have made was to stay away altogether and keep doing it. I suspect the linesman was speaking as a football fan. I think it's every football fans duty now to hammer the message home at every opportunity that we ain't gonna take it no more!

£143.4 million wage bill with Arsenal fans urging the gunners to break their wage structure to keep Walcot their stadium is 60,161 capacity 59,939 average attendance. Including all fixtures they have an average of 33 home games per season so a basic equation means that excluding the running costs of the stadium the ticket price needs to be a base of £72.42 :D If it wasn't for TV and PL money the average cost of a ticket would be into the £100's.

Don't see the problem to be honest! I think its massively hypocritical of Man City fans to be pissing and moaning about the cost of tickets at the emirates when Arsenal is one of the few clubs that runs on a proper budget. Its Man City that have pushed up the wages and thus one of Arsenals business costs so screw em :)

what annoys me with these suits like Scudamore is when they say 'clubs are working hard to get the prices down, what is b*****y hard about that....... working hard to me is 8 hours down pit and then home to bed :ill::ill::ill:

"We're working hard", "We're working extremely hard"

... are phrases you will hear each and every day when politicians are interviewed. Its a throw away comment that doesn't really mean anything. At best it means "we are working".

Very rarely are people challenged on it.

Aside from the price debate; its staggering to see the linesman "stepped down" for tonights game. Di Canio wasn't "Stepped down" the week after he displayed the greatest show of sportsmanship of the century in 2001 was he? There weren't fears that the opposition might pick up on his sporting nature and fein injury?

The media are hardly going to publicise him as the nicestest lino in football and it's hardly going to affect his game, if it did THEN he should be sanctioned.

I hope by "he has been stepped down" the bloke doesn't loose out, financially or otherwise. It was commendable what he did but it was hardly earth shattering. If a referee makes consistantly bad decisions or there is visible proof that other referee's could do a better job, then and only then should referees and assistants be replaced, same goes for Sian Massey a couple of years ago for their protection or not, these people enjoy officiating otherwise they wouldn't do it, it's hardly the most rewarding job in the world, for something that requires the high standards players, fans and pundits expect.

£143.4 million wage bill with Arsenal fans urging the gunners to break their wage structure to keep Walcot their stadium is 60,161 capacity 59,939 average attendance. Including all fixtures they have an average of 33 home games per season so a basic equation means that excluding the running costs of the stadium the ticket price needs to be a base of £72.42 :D If it wasn't for TV and PL money the average cost of a ticket would be into the £100's.

Don't see the problem to be honest! I think its massively hypocritical of Man City fans to be pissing and moaning about the cost of tickets at the emirates when Arsenal is one of the few clubs that runs on a proper budget. Its Man City that have pushed up the wages and thus one of Arsenals business costs so screw em :)

Here's a q then. Dortmund- pay much less wages than Arsenal, two very good sides. Don't necessarily charge these prices. Bayern have a high, high wage bill yet don't charge these prices.

I for one am glad to see Arsenal faring badly this season due to their ticket pricing.

Thought it was a strange comment from the lino, why would he tell the players what to do, surely they applaud their own fans at each away game ?

Not so strange, really - the players were 'thanking' him by shaking his hand. He merely said, 'don't thank me - thank your fans, they paid 62 quid a seat...'

If the assistant referee has been stood down purely because of this comment, then it is, indeed, an absolute disgrace and the Premier League should be ashamed and vilified for doing so.

Not so strange, really - the players were 'thanking' him by shaking his hand. He merely said, 'don't thank me - thank your fans, they paid 62 quid a seat...'

If the assistant referee has been stood down purely because of this comment, then it is, indeed, an absolute disgrace and the Premier League should be ashamed and vilified for doing so.

Nothing to do with the premier league or the FA matach officals are run by a different govening body, people should vent their anger at the ref's govening body

Stupid me, shouldn't have commented without hearing the actual quote.

Archived