IGNORED

Sean O'driscoll: View From A Forest Fan

The Exiled Robin

In the first of three posts this week on the Exiled Robin, this link takes you through to a well-thought-of Forest fan's view of Sean O'Driscoll, following his brief stay at the City Ground. It's an excellent, positive piece and one which should warm the hearts of the most cynical of City fans:

http://exiledrobin.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/a-forest-view-of-sean-odriscoll.html

And, in case you missed it over the flurry of posts over the weekend, here's a link to my take on McInnes and why he was sacked

http://exiledrobin.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/its-not-all-about-results.html

Thanks for posting ER.

I too shuddered a little when I read about SO'D preoccupation with the opposition which always concerned me about DMc. However, I'm very pleased to hear the other comments from the Forest fan. We need a visionary and personally I never had much time for a manager than does theatrics from the touchline - always seems to be playing to the gallery to me. Quiet assuredness, co operative working with the rest of the staff, and an eye for the long-term goals of the clubs are the sort of things we need right now. I think Sean is correct in his assessment of BCFC as a good fit for him.

I was really pleased SO'D stressed the importance of the player's character in his thinking and the difference this can make at this level for a player. It'll be very interesting to see how he goes about rebuilding the confidence of the players, but he made a good start by acknowledging we do have good players (which is true despite what some fans post) rather than immediately talking about getting new player in. (I'm sure he recognises he needs some fresh blood, but no need saying this publicly at this stage).

Archived