IGNORED

Our Youth Team

HarryCardno

Seeing players like Wes Burns and Bobby Reid out on the pitch against Leicester (the only positive) and hearing results such as BCFC U21 4 - 0 QPR U21 it makes me wonder why we bother trying to sign players such as Frank Feltscher who lets be honest will be looking for a fair chunk of cash when we have talented lads in our own ranks.

Maybe 'you can't win things with kids' but with the Financial Fair Play system coming into play do I have a valid point by saying don't be scared to play the young lads?

Bobby Reid seem to offer a sense of 'comfort on the ball' as well as some natural leadership.

Wes Burns notably pacey and sharp.

Perhaps we were treated to a fearless display by the two young lads to what was a horror show in the end however they may not live up to expectations we saw on Saturday.

Harry Cardno

Seeing players like Wes Burns and Bobby Reid out on the pitch against Leicester (the only positive) and hearing results such as BCFC U21 4 - 0 QPR U21 it makes me wonder why we bother trying to sign players such as Frank Feltscher who lets be honest will be looking for a fair chunk of cash when we have talented lads in our own ranks.

Maybe 'you can't win things with kids' but with the Financial Fair Play system coming into play do I have a valid point by saying don't be scared to play the young lads?

Bobby Reid seem to offer a sense of 'comfort on the ball' as well as some natural leadership.

Wes Burns notably pacey and sharp.

Perhaps we were treated to a fearless display by the two young lads to what was a horror show in the end however they may not live up to expectations we saw on Saturday.

Harry Cardno

Jody Morris, Mark Wilson, Richard Foster and McManus. I'd rather watch Bobby Reid, Joe Edwards or James Wilson than that lot, and they wouldn't be any worse.

With regards to the result last night v QPR, you have to take into account the fact that we fielded probably our strongest possible side with several players with 1st team experience.

I do not know what sort of side QPR had out but I would assume it was inexperienced compared to ours.

Not completely inexperienced actually, Ex England international Luke Young played most of the game for them!

Tangs did look comfortable last night, but the answer to our problems in the first team... I'm not so sure.

Why is it he looked to play the simple ball last night, but yet for the first team he just lumps the ball forward? Could this be more about our management than the player himself?

SOD will surely decide for himself.

Would love to see Reid given a chance in centre mid along side Kelly. Wes burns and kevin krans as a sub strikers to baldock and Davies. Toby Ajala given a chance on the right wing in the absence of adomah and Anderson to play more regularly on the left wing. We definately have some great attacking prospects coming through and it will only increase theirs ad the clubs value if they are played more and brought into the first team frame at their current age. After all, arsenal spent 12 mill on chamberlain mostly on his potential and age. If we can produce anything like that it would be amazing for the club

Tangs did look comfortable last night, but the answer to our problems in the first team... I'm not so sure.

Why is it he looked to play the simple ball last night, but yet for the first team he just lumps the ball forward? Could this be more about our management than the player himself?

SOD will surely decide for himself.

Despite the aforementioned hopeless hoofing I thought Tangs did alright on the two occasions I saw him play this season. He was at least composed on the ball and able to block effectively. Mind you, it doesn't take much to look competent when you are stood alongside Mark Wilson, McManus and Briggs.

Despite the aforementioned hopeless hoofing I thought Tangs did alright on the two occasions I saw him play this season. He was at least composed on the ball and able to block effectively. Mind you, it doesn't take much to look competent when you are stood alongside Mark Wilson, McManus and Briggs.

Did we actually play that back four this season? No wonder we're ****ed.

We've given a lot of young players contracts this season so SO'D will certainly be looking at the potential there if his record of being interested in youth continues. We all know about Lewis Carey, Bobby Reid, Joe Bryan, Joe Edwards, Aaron Amadi-Holloway and Wes Burns but also have Dylan Castanheira, Curtis Jones, Toby Ajala, Kevin Krans, Nathan Battersby, Tom King, Luke Dobie and Rhys Jordan. Would be very nice to see at least two of the second group there come through in some time - although most of their deals are short term much like the two Irish kids we took last season (Patrick Hoban and Jimmy Keohane).

We've given a lot of young players contracts this season so SO'D will certainly be looking at the potential there if his record of being interested in youth continues. We all know about Lewis Carey, Bobby Reid, Joe Bryan, Joe Edwards, Aaron Amadi-Holloway and Wes Burns but also have Dylan Castanheira, Curtis Jones, Toby Ajala, Kevin Krans, Nathan Battersby, Tom King, Luke Dobie and Rhys Jordan. Would be very nice to see at least two of the second group there come through in some time - although most of their deals are short term much like the two Irish kids we took last season (Patrick Hoban and Jimmy Keohane).

Last season? It's been a couple of years since we had those lads.

But yes, some of the second group are, or have been at some stage in their early careers, very highly thought of at this club, and other clubs of a higher stature than ours.

Our conversion rate of youngsters is so depressing, it's like we're a feeder club to the non league. Even players we do bring on into first team regulars eventually end up leaving us to go down the leagues, Aaron Brown, Amankwaah, Fortune, David Cotterill, Jennison Williams etc.

I wish just once our academy would produce the next Rooney or even just a Scott Parker.....

Our conversion rate of youngsters is so depressing, it's like we're a feeder club to the non league. Even players we do bring on into first team regulars eventually end up leaving us to go down the leagues, Aaron Brown, Amankwaah, Fortune, David Cotterill, Jennison Williams etc.

I wish just once our academy would produce the next Rooney or even just a Scott Parker.....

we haven't had the talent/coaching in the youth team,

I did say when we got promoted it would take 5 years at least until we started to see championship standard players coming through, thats starting to happen now,

Unfortuantly it will take anothe 4 or 5 years for McInnes's changes to the youth team set up to take effect then we may see the sort of youngsters in the team that derbys and watfords of this world produce

Would love to see Reid given a chance in centre mid along side Kelly. Wes burns and kevin krans as a sub strikers to baldock and Davies. Toby Ajala given a chance on the right wing in the absence of adomah and Anderson to play more regularly on the left wing. We definately have some great attacking prospects coming through and it will only increase theirs ad the clubs value if they are played more and brought into the first team frame at their current age. After all, arsenal spent 12 mill on chamberlain mostly on his potential and age. If we can produce anything like that it would be amazing for the club

Toby has just extended his loan at Wimbledon and doing ok from what i hear... Neil Ardley really likes him and i am sure he will do well at that level, possibly higher, but not sure not seen enough of him

Wes is a winger as well as a striker... perhaps more of a winger so why bring Toby back anyway????

Kelly, did you watch him on Saturday....i did. he was anonymous !!!!!!!

probably shell shocked, but let the manger work it out,

he is unproven and has just joined from the biggest micky mouse league in Europe (bar Wales)

hope he does well but too early to tell for me

Archived