IGNORED

Striker's

BUTOR

Just reading the So'd from a Donny fan thread and noticeably he listed that O'Driscoll never really tended to play strikers over the height of 5ft'11 at Doncaster, I'd imagine that Baldock will be an assured starter with So'd, and I presume he'll play with two up front, so does this mean we may see a Davies and Baldock partnership?

Really looking foward to saturday, Not for the football but for the team selection.. should be interesting when saturday comes...

yes agree im just hoping that fonts is droped and davies and baldock start ive been playing fifa 13 and i had a little play around with our team and formation and came up with this

HEATON

J.EDWARDS M.BATES S.MCMANUS G.CUNINGHAM

C.SKUSE N.KILLKENNY

B.REID J.BYRAN

S.BALDOCK S.DAVIES

SUBS- P.ANDERSON

J.STEAD

M.ELLIOTT

L.CAREY

D.GERKEN

W.BURNS

I know its only a computer game but i like the look of that team and we were pretty good too :laugh:. Would be great imo too see something simular to that on sat.

Would like this on Sat - think a lot of people hint at something like this:

.........................Heaton..........................

..Edwards.. Bates McManus Cunningham

..Anderson.. Skuse.... Kelly..... Bryan....

.................Baldock ..Davies...................

Or Burns and Krans incorporated into that with a bench of Lo.Carey, Le.Carey, Reid, Killa, Taylor/Stead/Burns/Krans & Foster.

Anyway, and more importantly, we're not the 'head coach' - looking forward to seeing SOD's selection!

Whenever he played a 'big man' up front at Rovers, he usually played them slightly out wide.

In our promotion season in 2007-8, a regular feature of our side was Mark McCammon playing almost left wing. The intention would be that they'd head any long clearances in field into the path of the smaller front man, as they'd be more likely to win headers against a full back who was likely to be smaller, than they would against a centre half.

He likes a James Hayter type striker in the side - a grafter that tracks back and drops deeper to receive the ball, so if you've got one of those type, he might find favour under O'Driscoll.

Whenever he played a 'big man' up front at Rovers, he usually played them slightly out wide.

In our promotion season in 2007-8, a regular feature of our side was Mark McCammon playing almost left wing. The intention would be that they'd head any long clearances in field into the path of the smaller front man, as they'd be more likely to win headers against a full back who was likely to be smaller, than they would against a centre half.

He likes a James Hayter type striker in the side - a grafter that tracks back and drops deeper to receive the ball, so if you've got one of those type, he might find favour under O'Driscoll.

Davies :yahoo:

I think killa will almost certainly start. SOD knows more about him and what to expect from him more than any other player after tracking him for yrs when he was at donny.

If you remember, gary johnson started guy madjo in his first game purely because he knew all about him after chasing him for yeovil.

Im convinced he will also play skuse and make him captain being a bristol lad. This may not last but i think he will on sat. Kelly will be left out so he can just catch his breath after a whirlwind week or so for him.

Just out of interest.... and I'm not saying that their inclusion would be right or wrong, especially after seeing the pace of Burns, who looks exciting (although more of a winger than a CF, imo)

Have all the people calling for Edwards, in particular, but also Burns, Reid (who bar an impressive cameo last weekend against a Leicester team that had already won the game and were certianly not even trying to compete by the time he came on - has shown nothing even close to being upto 1st team standard on his limited game time so far)

Have any/many of you actually seen them play for any meaningful amount of game time, or are they just demanding their inclusion before slatting the "inexperienced, lightweight, out of their depth" team selection if/when it happens and ends in a heavy defeat on Saturday...?

Just interested to know if there is any basis whatsoever on assuming that Edwards is a better option than Foster (for a tough away game Vs Leeds), who imo has done ok recently (not great, but ok!)

Davies :yahoo:

Grafter?! Davies has many, many qualities but I wouldn't say 'grafter' is one of them!

It strikes me that SOD is the kind of manager who'll come in and allow a clean slate; he's had a week of training to assess the players and he'll go for who's fittest/looks like they fit into his preferred system. I think we may see a couple of suprises in there come Saturday

Grafter?! Davies has many, many qualities but I wouldn't say 'grafter' is one of them!

It strikes me that SOD is the kind of manager who'll come in and allow a clean slate; he's had a week of training to assess the players and he'll go for who's fittest/looks like they fit into his preferred system. I think we may see a couple of suprises in there come Saturday

Was gonna say the same about Davies. The only grafter we have is Stead.

Was gonna say the same about Davies. The only grafter we have is Stead.

Dunno; I'd say Taylor puts a shift in and Baldock will chase things down, it's just a poor use of him. I actually don't know what system SOD tends to favour but my guess would be Baldock and Stead starting on Saturday

Dunno; I'd say Taylor puts a shift in and Baldock will chase things down, it's just a poor use of him. I actually don't know what system SOD tends to favour but my guess would be Baldock and Stead starting on Saturday

Yep, I'd tend to agree. I personally don't think Baldock and Davies can play together as effectively as all the other partnerships. Watching Davies I've noticed he is particularly greedy (something Rams fans told us) and Baldock needs unselfish partners picking his runs.

Yep, I'd tend to agree. I personally don't think Baldock and Davies can play together as effectively as all the other partnerships. Watching Davies I've noticed he is particularly greedy (something Rams fans told us) and Baldock needs unselfish partners picking his runs.

You could be right, but it be nice to see the pair of them given a run with a solid midfield behind them. I think that Davies in a slightly withdrawn role could work well or even in a 433 with him on the right and Anderson/Albert on the left, both cutting in to support Baldock

Not necessarily always a grafter (he did chase that ball continuously and won it back off Leicester by the Atyeo on Saturday) - but he does drop back deeper to win the ball, something many have suggested is a position that he should play in more regularly i.e. sitting off Baldock's shoulder.

Play your best players - This is Davies and Baldock. They can't play together? Because they haven't been given a chance to. Let them.

Thankfully our new manager reads into the game a lot deeper than that, but for arguments sake and to continue the facade that this is a forum for well reasoned arguments... What makes you think those two players are compatible? What in Davies' game will compliment Baldock? What in Baldock's game will compliment Davies.

Do it for S'OD. He's going to be asking us to take a more analytical approach to our criticism...

This should be an easy game for SOD to take charge of just needs to pick similer players to that of his last game in charge. Who started up front for Forest boxing day?

edit had a nose at forests team. think he may go for something like.

.....................Heaton

Foster......Carey.....Bates....Cunningham

Skuse........Kelly........Kilkenny....Reid

................Baldock.....Stead

Possesion football.

.........................Heaton

Foster...... Carey......Tangs....Cunningham

.....................Kelly......Skuse

Anderson..........Reid............Davis

........................Baldock

Couldn't be ass'd to type my own!

Fonts should be dropped, so Tangs is our only other option (I think)

We are back to bare bones in defense. Maybe SOD already has someone lined up in time for Saturday?

This should be an easy game for SOD to take charge of just needs to pick similer players to that of his last game in charge. Who started up front for Forest boxing day?

edit had a nose at forests team. think he may go for something like.

.....................Heaton

Foster......Carey.....Bates....Cunningham

Skuse........Kelly........Kilkenny....Reid

................Baldock.....Stead

Possesion football.

Skuse on the right and Reid on the left? Jesus!

Would like this on Sat - think a lot of people hint at something like this:

..Edwards.. Bates McManus Cunningham

..Anderson.. Skuse.... Kelly..... Bryan....

Or Burns and Krans incorporated into that with a bench of Lo.Carey, Le.Carey, Reid, Killa, Taylor/Stead/Burns/Krans & Foster.

Anyway, and more importantly, we're not the 'head coach' - looking forward to seeing SOD's selection!

May as well edit my own now the entire back like has gone!

..Skuse.. Carey (I have no clue) Cunningham

..Anderson.. Reid.... Kelly..... Bryan....

Just reading the So'd from a Donny fan thread and noticeably he listed that O'Driscoll never really tended to play strikers over the height of 5ft'11 at Doncaster, I'd imagine that Baldock will be an assured starter with So'd, and I presume he'll play with two up front, so does this mean we may see a Davies and Baldock partnership?

The thing I took from reading everything about and said by O'Driscoll is that he's pragmatic above all else. He does believe in football being played the right way and he might favour Baldock and Davies as the best forwards to achieve what he wants, but if he thinks Stead and Taylor will be a better bet for survival I don't think he'll be averse to playing them, or indeed to letting the players play it long to them, so long as it's the right ball at the right time.

Archived