IGNORED

What Lies Ahead For O'Driscoll At City

The Exiled Robin

In this, the final part of my triple-bill of pieces on new head coach Sean O'Driscoll, I offer my own view on what challenges he has, what it means to the structure of the club, why he chose us over Blackpool and Barnsley and ponder whether this could be the start of something great.

Please read - if you enjoy please share it, there are links to Facebook, Twitter and others at the bottom. I've had more than 3,500 views this week to date so plenty have been reading - hope you're mainly enjoying what you read!

http://exiledrobin.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/what-lies-ahead-for-sod-at-bristol-city.html

Thank you!

"Then Gary Johnson signed Dele Adebola, perhaps got scared of being so close to the Premier League and there was suddenly another option available - one which has sadly, seemingly been Plan A ever since."

SPOT ON....It was horible to watch the transition from P&M to whoosh....And we have never recovered!!

Although I think SOD will instill pass and move, pass and move over and over again, I do think we may revert to the ball over the top if it's perceived to be the right ball to play.

I seem to recall an article I read where the opposition flooded the midfield to counteract SOD team, but they still tried to play through them and it didn't work. I'm sure SOD was then questioning why the "other" (or possibly correct) ball over the top wasn't played.

Although I think SOD will instill pass and move, pass and move over and over again, I do think we may revert to the ball over the top if it's perceived to be the right ball to play.

I seem to recall an article I read where the opposition flooded the midfield to counteract SOD team, but they still tried to play through them and it didn't work. I'm sure SOD was then questioning why the "other" (or possibly correct) ball over the top wasn't played.

Especially as he told the team to play wide, he also put a notice on the dressing room door so the last thing the players would see is "no not play through the middle" - but he was disappointed to see them try to play their normal game through the middle, even though it repeatedly did not work........ players need to think, players need to learn, players need to adapt -

Especially as he told the team to play wide, he also put a notice on the dressing room door so the last thing the players would see is "no not play through the middle" - but he was disappointed to see them try to play their normal game through the middle, even though it repeatedly did not work........ players need to think, players need to learn, players need to adapt -

That's what I'm looking forward to - SOD bringing in players who can take responsibility and think for themselves. I've always admired managers and players who can talk a good game - because generally they tend to deliver.

The exception to this rule is Martin O'Neil who completely baffles me and yet consistently puts out competitive sides !!!

I really enjoyed reading that, a very good assessment, and no wild optimism. I genuinely think that we need to look longer term even if it means relegation, there is a danger that we will continue looking at short term fixes in an effort to stay in the Championship, rather than building a solid platform for the future.

Again, many thanks to you all for the fabulous, positive feedback, I'm glad my efforts haven't gone to waste!

Think the legend in my own underpants comment may have to be left to others to decide however..... :-)

Let's hope he can kick off tomorrow with a rpeat of his last result - a 4-2 win against Leeds!

I really enjoyed reading that, a very good assessment, and no wild optimism. I genuinely think that we need to look longer term even if it means relegation, there is a danger that we will continue looking at short term fixes in an effort to stay in the Championship, rather than building a solid platform for the future.

+1

Archived