IGNORED

Mark Wilson

dilligaf

oh dear i hope sod has a look and tells him too do one

Give him a break, looked ok when he played at start of the season. Maybe he along with every other player had just become foxed with Del Boys ever changing formations and tactics. Lets see what Sean feels about him, and respect his decision if he feels he can do a job, and get on and support him.

All I see is people saying so and so isn't good enough etc etc, you don't turn into a bad player overnight and this guy has played champ lge football for gods sake.

Sometimes in life things happen around you which affect you and your ability to do your job to the best of your ability. That something has happened at our club and for that reason we are bottom of the league, I still say this squad is good enough to stay up and I think we will!

Give him a break, looked ok when he played at start of the season. Maybe he along with every other player had just become foxed with Del Boys ever changing formations and tactics. Lets see what Sean feels about him, and respect his decision if he feels he can do a job, and get on and support him.

All I see is people saying so and so isn't good enough etc etc, you don't turn into a bad player overnight and this guy has played champ lge football for gods sake.

Sometimes in life things happen around you which affect you and your ability to do your job to the best of your ability. That something has happened at our club and for that reason we are bottom of the league, I still say this squad is good enough to stay up and I think we will!

He's had plenty of chances to prove himself and failed to do so.

We need players who are resilient to 'things that happen around them' and maintain a basic standard of performance.

Hopefully he'll be on his way soon.

We need players who are resilient to 'things that happen around them' and maintain a basic standard of performance.

So with us sitting bottom of the championship hasn't every player we've got had a chance to prove themselves? How many chances has he actually had, how many times has he been part of a solid line up where playing well means you play the next game? Yes they get paid too much but they are still human and things going on at the club will affect them. What you are saying is we need robots with no feelings whatsoever that just perform whenever, sadly that will never ever happen!

So with us sitting bottom of the championship hasn't every player we've got had a chance to prove themselves? How many chances has he actually had, how many times has he been part of a solid line up where playing well means you play the next game? Yes they get paid too much but they are still human and things going on at the club will affect them. What you are saying is we need robots with no feelings whatsoever that just perform whenever, sadly that will never ever happen!

I've gone well past the stage when I'm going to sympathise with players or look to find excuses for them.

Most of these players can be shown the door sooner rather than later as far as I'm concerned and I'd hope SOD has far better than Wilson in mind as he creates a new team.

Double post.

I've gone well past the stage when I'm going to sympathise with players or look to find excuses for them.

Most of these players can be shown the door sooner rather than later as far as I'm concerned and I'd hope SOD has far better than Wilson in mind as he creates a new team.

Ideally, i would like a right footed equivilent of Cunningham. Im sure Wilson can be solid enough when in form blah blah blah but he doesn't strike me as quite dynamic enough to feature in a footballing side of the type that SOD tends to produce.

Weve had two managers in a row now who have been completely out of their depth in the championship, as o Driscoll says confidence is a massive thing in football so seeing your boss with his head in his hands on a regular basis won't fill you with confidence. It's easy to understand why players have left here to go on and be very good championship players, morale has gone through the floor and I for one will give everyone a chance with someone who we know has championship experience and isn't out of his depth, and that even includes Jody Morris if Mr O Driscoll sees fit to give him a chance.

When we saw Mark Wilson come on in Louis Carey testimonial against Rovers he looked very very good. I don't see how he can go so bad so quick so I think he is an asset and a better RB option

Have you taken into account the opposition?

How many chances has Joe Edwards had? I can’t believe Edwards has gone and Wilson stays. It’s a good job I’m not a betting man as I would have bet it would be the other way round.

Usually I would adhere to the arguments of 'look at his CV, he must be better than he has shown' and 'any defender coming into McInnes's shambolic defence is going to have a tough time', but due to the serious injuries he has suffered previously in his career it looks like he is simply unable to play at this level. Seeing him amble about at The Den and Ewood Park was simply painful (although not helped by the manager picking a player who cannot run at any speed or for any length of time at wing back!) and those two matches should be the last we see of him in a City shirt.

As pointed out previously in this thread he did look good in pre season against Rovers and Bournemouth, but hiding your body's frailties against League 1 and 2 opposition in pre season games played basically at walking pace is a lot different to being able to perform in the Championship.

I would highly surprised if he does enough in training over the next week to convince SO'D to give him a contract until the season and I will be even more surprised if he is able to come into the team and give the type of performances we hoped of when we originally signed him in August.

This.

Without meaning to have a pop at Del, this is a player he waxed lyrical about in pre season. I think that's what is most disappointed about M Wilson. Unfortunately he is exactly the type of player this club should be looking to avoid from now on.

He is finished, can barely even run and his distribution is terrible. I have seen worse defenders but he isn't the best defensively.

I will be surprised if he gets offered a deal.

Archived