IGNORED

Untitled

Cambridge Batch Red

New campaign launced by the FSF. I've cut and pasted the details below

Personally I think £20 is about right for the first division/premiership, but for lower divisions, it's too high.

The Football Supporters’ Federation will launch the Score Campaign: Twenty’s Plenty for Away Tickets in central Manchester on Thursday 24th January (7pm). The event is free and open to fans of ALL clubs – we want to see you there. This is the first in a series of nationwide meetings to be announced, including one in London on Thursday 31st January (venue TBC).

REGISTRATION - Email your name, club and which venue you'll be attending: tickets@fsf.org.uk.

• Manchester, Thursday 24th January (7pm): The Alibi (corner of Oxford Street and Portland Street), M1 4BH – click here to see a map. The venue has disabled access.
  • London, Thursday 31st January: Venue TBC.

The news that Manchester City returned 900 tickets for Sunday’s visit to Arsenal was the ember that sparked the current fire but match-going fans have long known that football is unaffordable for many. This is especially true of away fans who, aside from match tickets, must contend with spiralling food, drink and travel costs.

The idea behind the Score Campaign is simple – we want clubs throughout England and Wales to agree to charge no more than £20 for away match tickets (£15 concessions). These meetings will explain the fundamental ideas and principles behind the Score Campaign.

They will also explore how we can bring together the different campaigns and petitions that are already in place. There are thousands of fans out there prepared to devote time and energy to this subject – these meetings will try and harness that energy.

There has been a tremendous groundswell of opinion from fans with campaigns and petitions popping up all across the country. This feels like a real turning point when fans across the country are putting aside tribal differences to speak with one voice and say enough is enough.

Away fans are the distilled essence of football supporters. The hardcore. Travelling fans spend the most money and make the most effort supporting their clubs. Without away fans the atmosphere dies and football loses something of what makes it so special. We need fans to come together over the coming weeks to make sure that doesn’t happen.

FFP + Wages = £20 too low. Sorry but the reality is that now teams cant buy success wages have to come from revenue and its simply not going to happen, if anything the price will go up!

£20 is low but Cardiff and Blackburn amongst others have offered tickets around that price.... maybe its a starting price to haggle with. Can't see it effecting may games in the Championship downwards.

If I'm not busy I may pop along see what they have to say as its only around the corner from me.

If you charged £20 for every away game, it would be £460 for 23 games in that stadium, i know home fans would be angry if they found out they were paying more for each game than an away fans, maybe £25 would be an easier target? That would be £500 over 23 games.

If you charged £20 for every away game, it would be £460 for 23 games in that stadium, i know home fans would be angry if they found out they were paying more for each game than an away fans, maybe £25 would be an easier target? That would be £500 over 23 games.

surely you've got to factor in the cost of getting to away games, the price of train tickets and petrol etc...

do we really want stadiums without away fans? how dull would that be?

surely you've got to factor in the cost of getting to away games, the price of train tickets and petrol etc...

do we really want stadiums without away fans? how dull would that be?

I guess so, i heard on talksport the other day, in Germany, you pay for your match tickets and get the travel to the ground included on trains/whatever other ways, heard its reasonably cheap too.

I guess so, i heard on talksport the other day, in Germany, you pay for your match tickets and get the travel to the ground included on trains/whatever other ways, heard its reasonably cheap too.

Yes but Germany is organised, has good train networks etc and can guarantee good away followings at almost every game. We could charge leeds £40 and i reckon they would still sell out their allocation. But say Posh, we'd only get a few hundred if we offered tenner a ticket. The £30 are here to stay i fear

why don't the home fans buy an away ticket every game then

sorted!!!

£20 is plenty adding the cost of the days expenses its proberly £60 minimum for 1 person to get to an away match.Leeds Utd is a total rip off paid £34 a couple of seasons ago to sit with my mate in with the Leeds fans .

Neither he or his nephew have been this season one just can't afford it the other refuses to carry on paying so much to see Bates get richer and any decent players sold off and he has little faith in another newly appointed foreign based board doing much other than lining their own pockets .

£20 is plenty adding the cost of the days expenses its proberly £60 minimum for 1 person to get to an away match.Leeds Utd is a total rip off paid £34 a couple of seasons ago to sit with my mate in with the Leeds fans .

Neither he or his nephew have been this season one just can't afford it the other refuses to carry on paying so much to see Bates get richer and any decent players sold off and he has little faith in another newly appointed foreign based board doing much other than lining their own pockets .

Now there is some Bristolian :laugh:

I'm a member of the FSF & I'm sure a few years ago they were campaigning for EQUAL prices for away sections compared to equivalent home sections.......

That's my recollection too. How about away fans paying the same prices they do at home? Why should we pay a different price to the price we pay to watch the same fixture we watch at home?

Progressive clubs with fair pricing policies would benefit from a larger travelling support.

Not sure what the answer is and whether one aspect of ticket pricing can be managed outside something more fundamental change to how football is funded as a whole. The German model still seems the best way to go for me.

FFP + Wages = £20 too low. Sorry but the reality is that now teams cant buy success wages have to come from revenue and its simply not going to happen, if anything the price will go up!

Simple. Wages will have to be reduced. Otherwise fans will simply vote with their feet.

When very ordinary players are on £10K+ per week, fans will have to pay silly money to see them play. That ain't gonna last...

Archived