IGNORED

Paul Anderson Player Interview

Kid in the Riot

"The board have obviously got rid of the manager and brought in someone who's been very successful"

"SOD is a very good COACH and his attention to detail is key to how he works"

"I think he'll get us a bit more organised than we have been and he might get us to play a bit more football"

"I think SOD will be a very good man to come in and change things at the minute"

"SOD had a hands on approach at Forest and took most training sessions (as no. 2 to Cotterill)"

"SOD came to Forest when we were down there in trouble and it's my belief that he was the reason we got out of trouble"

Some good positive things in there, Anderson strikes me as being fairly bright and was at Forest under Cotterill and SOD. Intelligent players should flourish under SOD with his "getting players to play the right ball" decision-making approach.

Anderson obviously of the opinion we were not too well organised under Del, not that any of us needed telling...

He comes across really well as you say has the intelligence and style to be the type of player SO'D will look to.

Some of the clips in the pre-match player interviews showed the players training. It looked really well structured and purposeful with an animated SO'D looking at home in the training environment. I think the clips of Derek and Doc were mainly ones of passive arms folded observation. Not wanting to knock Derek as he has shown real dignity and decency whilst here and also after his departure but to be honest it looks like we have finally got the real deal.

I think we'll see things will now be done properly and with a bit of style from a class management and coaching act and even if we don't escape relegation I suspect there will be a will be an inner confidence in the Club amongst fans, staff and players that things are heading in the right direction. To stick with a manager over the medium-term it's crucial to have that confidence regardless of short-term results and if we had gone down with Derek there would, at best, be an unrealistic hope rather than well-placed confidence that we would head back up any time soon under his stewardship. SO'D will play down expectations but as he says himself he'll put the essentials into place to achieve the desired outcome over time.

He comes across really well as you say has the intelligence and style to be the type of player SO'D will look to.

Some of the clips in the pre-match player interviews showed the players training. It looked really well structured and purposeful with an animated SO'D looking at home in the training environment. I think the clips of Derek and Doc were mainly ones of passive arms folded observation. Not wanting to knock Derek as he has shown real dignity and decency whilst here and also after his departure but to be honest it looks like we have finally got the real deal.

I think we'll see things will now be done properly and with a bit of style from a class management and coaching act and even if we don't escape relegation I suspect there will be a will be an inner confidence in the Club amongst fans, staff and players that things are heading in the right direction. To stick with a manager over the medium-term it's crucial to have that confidence regardless of short-term results and if we had gone down with Derek there would, at best, be an unrealistic hope rather than well-placed confidence that we would head back up any time soon under his stewardship. SO'D will play down expectations but as he says himself he'll put the essentials into place to achieve the desired outcome over time.

I don't know why bcfc player hasn't been doing this before... I really enjoyed being able to see the lads training, better than just watching one of them stood talking for 3 minutes!

Hope they continue showing more of the training sessions. Does anyone else think it would be good if they put up 'training highlight' videos once a week or something? Would just be good to have an insight into how they are at training.

neither anderson or skuse sounded sorry to see mcinnes go, and both basically made it clear that organisation and training have improved

anderson also directly accused mcinnes of playing hoofball, in as many words, so hopefully its very much the plan to get the ball down and mo+ving

Archived