IGNORED

Eastend Meeting

gordie

Quite productive actually.

Oi!! Get off the seats!

Long debate was had about the stewarding in the EE. The robo-stewards (Fast Response Unit) will be advised to tone it down a bit and adopt a more softly softly approach. They've set up 2 'teams' of stewards, one for home end, one for away end, so you will now see the same faces each week, and I guess build relations with them - 'familiarity breeds respect' kind of approach.

Going somewhere, Solo?

Will look into the issue of not opening the gates until half-time - this shouldn't be happening.

You're kidding me?

Will look into the issue of fans having their tickets randomly checked. Checks do still need to be made as they have had incidents of adults gaining admission on juvenile tickets - and as much as we think it does, the barcoded turnstile system doesn't actually recognise this (a full system is not in place).

Lies, Damned Lies & Statistics!

The quote regarding 200 seats having to be replaced was NOT aimed at just the EE. This was across the whole ground, including the away end, so it was suggested that this type of communication ought to be made clearer as it appeared there were accusations purely against the EE. Dave apologised for this.

Sell-Out

A full and frank apology was given regarding the netting being sold for advertising. The advertising has to stay for the rest of this season, but Dave has assured us that next season we are free to use this area again for flags. I hope this pleased Sean somewhat!!

In the meantime, we are free to lay as many flags as we want around the netting, but obviously not over the ad. But its ours again next season.

Sardines?

The EE will probably only be shoved into the corner for 3 more games this season when a large away crowd is anticipated. All other matches we'll have the usual space.

The EE Canyon

The large gap between home and away fans was put down to cost. If we didn't have the whole block netted off, the club would have to employ 2 stewards on each step to ensure suitable segregation.

Surfs Up Dude!!

The go ahead has been given to surf flags if we want to. Sean admitted that we would have done so but the weather has not been conducive recently. Surfing will commence again soon, providing those organising it make themselves aware to the stewards before they do so - in order to get the green light (just in case there is an 'incident' happening at the time). Organisers will also need to wear 'something' to make themselves known - this doesn't have to be fluorescent jackets or anything of the like, perhaps just an armband or badge - anything that will stand out to the stewards.

Surfs Away!

Cardiff are going to be approached to gain their consent to take the 'Big Surf'. If they allow this then Dave will look into arranging relevant transportation - perhaps on one of CATS coaches, or even Scotty's kit bag, ha ha!

NATCH!

Some initial suggestions about setting up a Natch Tent outside the EE. Not as many fans nowadays are using the Dolman bar (takings are down), so there was a suggestion to get fans out of the pubs and away from the park and maybe set up a point outside the EE selling cans. This was described as 'All you need is a gazebo and a crate of natch!'

You What You What You What

The sound system in the EE will be upgraded in the summer.

Schmoozing

Dave L will try to get out and about before matches, down to the pubs, chatting to fans. He wants people to approach him if you have ANY problems. He is the Fans Liaison Officer and wants to hear from you. He will also watch a game from the EE soon.

Bring the Noise

The players and staff really appreciate the noise the EE makes. Dave commented on a Leicester fan he knows saying how impressed he was with the support last week.

Quite productive actually.

Oi!! Get off the seats!

Long debate was had about the stewarding in the EE. The robo-stewards (Fast Response Unit) will be advised to tone it down a bit and adopt a more softly softly approach. They've set up 2 'teams' of stewards, one for home end, one for away end, so you will now see the same faces each week, and I guess build relations with them - 'familiarity breeds respect' kind of approach.

Going somewhere, Solo?

Will look into the issue of not opening the gates until half-time - this shouldn't be happening.

You're kidding me?

Will look into the issue of fans having their tickets randomly checked. Checks do still need to be made as they have had incidents of adults gaining admission on juvenile tickets - and as much as we think it does, the barcoded turnstile system doesn't actually recognise this (a full system is not in place).

Lies, Damned Lies & Statistics!

The quote regarding 200 seats having to be replaced was NOT aimed at just the EE. This was across the whole ground, including the away end, so it was suggested that this type of communication ought to be made clearer as it appeared there were accusations purely against the EE. Dave apologised for this.

Sell-Out

A full and frank apology was given regarding the netting being sold for advertising. The advertising has to stay for the rest of this season, but Dave has assured us that next season we are free to use this area again for flags. I hope this pleased Sean somewhat!!

In the meantime, we are free to lay as many flags as we want around the netting, but obviously not over the ad. But its ours again next season.

Sardines?

The EE will probably only be shoved into the corner for 3 more games this season when a large away crowd is anticipated. All other matches we'll have the usual space.

The EE Canyon

The large gap between home and away fans was put down to cost. If we didn't have the whole block netted off, the club would have to employ 2 stewards on each step to ensure suitable segregation.

Surfs Up Dude!!

The go ahead has been given to surf flags if we want to. Sean admitted that we would have done so but the weather has not been conducive recently. Surfing will commence again soon, providing those organising it make themselves aware to the stewards before they do so - in order to get the green light (just in case there is an 'incident' happening at the time). Organisers will also need to wear 'something' to make themselves known - this doesn't have to be fluorescent jackets or anything of the like, perhaps just an armband or badge - anything that will stand out to the stewards.

Surfs Away!

Cardiff are going to be approached to gain their consent to take the 'Big Surf'. If they allow this then Dave will look into arranging relevant transportation - perhaps on one of CATS coaches, or even Scotty's kit bag, ha ha!

NATCH!

Some initial suggestions about setting up a Natch Tent outside the EE. Not as many fans nowadays are using the Dolman bar (takings are down), so there was a suggestion to get fans out of the pubs and away from the park and maybe set up a point outside the EE selling cans. This was described as 'All you need is a gazebo and a crate of natch!'

You What You What You What

The sound system in the EE will be upgraded in the summer.

Schmoozing

Dave L will try to get out and about before matches, down to the pubs, chatting to fans. He wants people to approach him if you have ANY problems. He is the Fans Liaison Officer and wants to hear from you. He will also watch a game from the EE soon.

Bring the Noise

The players and staff really appreciate the noise the EE makes. Dave commented on a Leicester fan he knows saying how impressed he was with the support last week.

Fair report, the surfin and possible arm bands was a comment made if we wanted to use the flag in another stand so the stewards know we are going from one stand to the other, we don't have to wear anything in the Eastend and it will be less regimental as first suggested and more spontaneous when wanting to surf a flag

The Stewards to be the same every week ideally safe and sound employing people who understand the club and that area (local people) and to approach things in a controlled polite way, we all acknowledge that the stewards in general are ok normally in the Eastend however the fast response unit the option used in place of the police have been problematic in their fan relations with the ''doorman bouncer attitude'' which has resulted in a few complaints and one steward no longer allowed to work in that stand, further steward training is on going as is the club talking to safe and sound.

Advertising segregation netting space to be gone next season and that area to be advertising free and used for fan initiatives, the club admitted it was a mistake and should have been handled better in communication and with appology made on the night, things can go back to how we used to do things in the stand if we wish, however i think they got rid of some of the old netting so they will still use the tvnet netting still but once the 7k contract is up we can put flags over that netting and cover it, they are willing to make a statement on the website nearer the time for next season however Adam Baker said we can still put flags up this season if we wish (obviously not covering the netting until the contract is up).

It was for 7k the contract for advertising on the segregation and not 20k - 100k as some have suggested, this was told to me by kevin smith in a meeting the last home game and he felt if it is upsetting fans the the money for net segregation advertising is not worth it, so fair play for that.

Access to the stand day before the game is still allowed to put flags out and just tap on Keith draisleys door so it's

as it used to be or email David lloyd to assess the away fans coming for some games and the segregations position

which was how we used to do it but with dan ward (when the time comes around).

They acknowledge the communication break down regarding the surfer flag and the high viz jackets which Justin had tried to set up with stuart along with a signed risk assessment to which at first DL was not aware of until reading it on otib, this now is no longer needed as kevin smith had said also, but they did say when wanting to surf it in other stands we have to let a steward know due the make up of other stands but should not be a problem also a quick heads up to the steward on the gate to say we are surfing today but nothing too regemental, i also said for the record that recent wet weather conditions have not helped with us wanting to surf the flag.

With regards to the surfer being used at cardiff away David lloyd said he would contact cardiff and ask, people have to pm or email him asking we want to surf it at cardiff and he has offered to contact cardiff, if yes there was offers to transport the flag on one of the cats coaches or maybe the team coach and a couple of lads at the meeting offered to collect it from the coach and surf it then return after the match, i said it could be possible but i won't commit fully until we DL hears from cardiff.

They are going to ask about the pointless checks of tickets before we go in.

Talk of a bar unit area behind the Eastend selling cans for fans before the game and at half time so it acts like a concourse, seeing we are the only stand without a bar facility, this is being looked in to.

People mentioned about ticket prices being too high, fans suggested making it £10/£15 to get more people in and make it obvious that you can POTD this beeing looked in to.

Dave Lloyd said he had seen what Palace have achieved and liked it so sounds positive for things going forward and is open for more suggestions on doing this are welcome.

In all quite positive.

It was for 7k the contract for advertising on the segregation and not 20k - 100k as some have suggested, this was told to me by kevin smith in a meeting the last home game and he felt if it is upsetting fans the the money for net segregation advertising is not worth it, so fair play for that.

It's encouraging to see the club can recognise mistakes, apologise and correct them. This is good news, well done to all.

I'm hoping that in future we can see a different culture at the club where this sort of mistake isn't possible.

Bring the Noise

Granted the EE were loud last week but breaking the trade descriptions act to call it support !

7k is a shocking income from that amount of space, that must be per game.

7k wouldn't even pay half of one our top earners wages for a week.........................surely we can't be that hard up that we need around £350 per game from that space.

BCAGFC

Indeed great work almost certain i wll be an east end season ticket holder next year despite shift work. Please mate the tent a tharchers tent cheddar valley trad or if it has to be fizzy thstchers dry. Natch is alrite though

Well at last, the club is listening. Just a shame it took so long, and some sort of fan revolt to make them really take notice. If it carries on down this route, I may be back at the gate next season.

Long may it continue. First time in a long time I see some positivity.

For once I applaud the club.

I think a natch tent would also bring the stand together more and help create a far better atmosphere, and also increase attendance believe it or not!!

I agree think it would be a good crack although hope it doesn't take trade from local pubs. Can imagine it being quite pleasant on a summer Saturday afternoon with a few cans out the bk of the eastend

7k wouldn't even pay half of one our top earners wages for a week.........................surely we can't be that hard up that we need around £350 per game from that space.

BCAGFC

If it was seven thousand a game seriously doubt any sensible fan would suggest doing somthing different.

fair play to the club to listening to fans over several issues.

BCAGFC

It was not said if per game or season but i would say per season as per game i would want a little more focus for company & my money than just a netted logo..

Archived