IGNORED

40 Players At Bcfc In 2012

Fiale

We have had well over 40 (53 and rising) players at the club in the last year (snr contracts) - that is a lot of money and a hell of a lot of obvious redundancy - many have been moved on and in June 2013 when a lot of contracts are set to end I cannot help to think (and hope) that a lot more will go. It shows the size of the job McInnes/SOD had/have, the amount of flexibility and money the board has made available, the over bloated squad we had - and the disruption having so many players in and around the club who had no real future here but stayed training/in the background as part of the set up.

Lets hope with this summer hopefully letting more go, and the new transfer policy, that we won't see such a waste/glut of players/money/potential anytime soon, or the disruption it has caused.

Cisse

James

McGivern

Clarkson

JCR

Jackson

Edwards

McAllister

Bikey

Davies (S)

Ephraim

Elekobi

Keinan

Wood

Wilson (D)

Hunt

Kilkenny

Stewart

Spence

Johnson

Maynard

Bolaise

Woolford

Bates

Wilson (J)

McManus

Morris

Pitman

Danns

Briggs

Riberio

Gerkin
Heaton
Nyatanga
Carey (snr)
Skuse
Stead
Carey (jnr)
Amdi-Holloway
Wilson (M)
Foster
Anderson
Pearson
Elliott
Adomah
Taylor
Cunningham
Fontaine
Kelly
Bryan
Reid
Baldock
Davies

Edit - have I missed anyone ?

Missed the players who had left at the end of last season - scary looking at the size of the list for 2012 now....

Plus the fact that we've been told by the board that the wage bill has to be reduced. Funny that, when it was one of them that signed David James who was on 20k a week.

Poorly run club that will be relegated this season!

Amazing how David James money seems to go up all the Time, Steve lansdown covered David James money.

Amazing how David James money seems to go up all the Time, Steve lansdown covered David James money.

If we are brutally honest, Steve Lansdown is covering just about everyone's money at the moment!

We have had well over 40 players at the club in the last year (snr contracts) - that is a lot of money and a hell of a lot of obvious redundancy - many have been moved on and in June 2013 when a lot of contracts are set to end I cannot help to think (and hope) that a lot more will go. It shows the size of the job McInnes/SOD had/have, the amount of flexibility and money the board has made available, the over bloated squad we had - and the disruption having so many players in and around the club who had no real future here but stayed training/in the background as part of the set up.

Lets hope with this summer hopefully letting more go, and the new transfer policy, that we won't see such a waste/glut of players/money/potential anytime soon, or the disruption it has caused.

Bikey

Davies (S)

Ephraim

Elekobi

Keinan

Wood

Wilson (D)

Hunt

Kilkenny

Stewart

Spence

Johnson

Maynard

Bolaise

Woolford

Bates

Wilson (J)

McManus

Morris

Pitman

Danns

Briggs

Riberio

Gerkin

Heaton

Nyatanga

Carey (snr)

Skuse

Stead

Carey (jnr)

Amdi-Holloway

Wilson (M)

Foster

Anderson

Pearson

Elliott

Adomah

Taylor

Cunningham

Fontaine

Kelly

Bryan

Reid

Baldock

Davies

Really crap considering the fact that we can't make a decent Championship team out of all that lot. We need Margaret Thatcher at the club to give 75% of them their P45s.

I counted 53 add in the others I/you/we missed out! Cisse, James, McGivern, Clarkson, JCR, Jackson, Edwards, McAllister!

To think we also had people on trial too - (Omar Kissoko or whatever his name was).

Forgot they were still here in 2012 - man that's one scary long list.

We have had well over 40 (53 and rising) players at the club in the last year (snr contracts)

How can the amount of players that we have had in the last year still be rising...?!

Agreed though, far to many. If we hadn't been in such trouble and needing to find a quick fix though, this would not have been the case.

Ironic really, that with 1 or 2 additions in the play off season, we would probably have had that taste of premier league football! :(

I think this is much more under control now and I don’t subscribe to the view that the squad we now have is all that big.

This month Liam Kelly joined but Pitman, Woolford and Edwards have all left, plus all our loanees have gone back to their parent clubs.

Of course we could still do with moving a couple more players on, Morris is obviously one of them and should O’Driscoll decide to let Bates stay then I don’t think we need both Nyatanga and James Wilson as well, with the former probably on much higher wages so the logical candidate to leave.

However aside from the Academy players on short term deals until season’s end of the 27 we now have;

Mark Wilson and Bates already out of contract.

Should they both get released this week the 25 then left includes Amadi–Holloway (seemingly permanently injured this season) the keeper Lewis Carey, Reid, Burns and Bryan all of whom can reasonably be classed as development squad.

That leaves 20, one of whom is Morris, who clearly has no future with us and is out of contract in the summer.

19 other experienced pros plus Reid, Bryan and Burns is hardly a large number, is it?

I think this is much more under control now and I don’t subscribe to the view that the squad we now have is all that big.

This month Liam Kelly joined but Pitman, Woolford and Edwards have all left, plus all our loanees have gone back to their parent clubs.

Of course we could still do with moving a couple more players on, Morris is obviously one of them and should O’Driscoll decide to let Bates stay then I don’t think we need both Nyatanga and James Wilson as well, with the former probably on much higher wages so the logical candidate to leave.

However aside from the Academy players on short term deals until season’s end of the 27 we now have;

Mark Wilson and Bates already out of contract.

Should they both get released this week the 25 then left includes Amadi–Holloway (seemingly permanently injured this season) the keeper Lewis Carey, Reid, Burns and Bryan all of whom can reasonably be classed as development squad.

That leaves 20, one of whom is Morris, who clearly has no future with us and is out of contract in the summer.

19 other experienced pros plus Reid, Bryan and Burns is hardly a large number, is it?

I don't think anyone has said the current squad is to big - the point is that it shows... well I won't type it again - cut'n'paste job

"It shows the size of the job McInnes/SOD had/have, the amount of flexibility and money the board has made available, the over bloated squad we had - and the disruption having so many players in and around the club who had no real future here but stayed training/in the background as part of the set up."

We have had well over 40 (53 and rising) players at the club in the last year (snr contracts) - that is a lot of money and a hell of a lot of obvious redundancy - many have been moved on and in June 2013 when a lot of contracts are set to end I cannot help to think (and hope) that a lot more will go. It shows the size of the job McInnes/SOD had/have, the amount of flexibility and money the board has made available, the over bloated squad we had - and the disruption having so many players in and around the club who had no real future here but stayed training/in the background as part of the set up.

Cisse

James

McGivern

Clarkson

JCR

Jackson

Edwards

McAllister

Bikey

Davies (S)

Ephraim

Elekobi

Keinan

Wood

Wilson (D)

Hunt

Kilkenny

Stewart

Spence

Johnson

Maynard

Bolaise

Woolford

Bates

Wilson (J)

McManus

Morris

Pitman

Danns

Briggs

Riberio

Gerkin

Heaton

Nyatanga

Carey (snr)

Skuse

Stead

Carey (jnr)

Amdi-Holloway

Wilson (M)

Foster

Anderson

Pearson

Elliott

Adomah

Taylor

Cunningham

Fontaine

Kelly

Bryan

Reid

Baldock

Davies

Missed the players who had left at the end of last season - scary looking at the size of the list for 2012 now....

Could you put this list in alphabetical order?

but a of a false post really,

Should say we've used 43 or whatever it is players alot were not at the club at the same time for example Danns wasn't at the club when Bikey and James were,

Also alot of the first year pro's are included like Burns etc who will be on a hell of alot less the stead and pitman,If you compare that to about every team in the country the figure will be about the same,

Archived