IGNORED

Richard O'kelly

Red Cloud

Whilst I do understand that the average lifespan of a football manager is often so short that moving house isn’t always an option, it does somewhat disappoint me that we now have a manager who lives in Bournemouth with an assistant who lives in Birmingham.

If you discount Millen and Tinnion, (both promoted from within, so already here), for me it is no coincidence that the only external appointment in nearly 20 years now to fully commit to the Bristol area was also by far the most successful one, Gary Johnson, who was only down the A37 in Yeovil and yet still moved up to the area.

Before him Pulis, Ward and despite all the pretending Danny Wilson didn’t really do so, either.

Still, O’Kelly will always be able to car share with another Sutton Coldfield resident, Mr. Ward, won’t he?

Slightly worrying that O'Kelly's middle name seems to be Florence...

Still, perhaps he'll be prepared to lamp one or two of the players if they don't do what they're told... :innocent06:

Let's hope he gets the Bristol City Machine in full working order.

Slightly worrying that O'Kelly's middle name seems to be Florence...

Still, perhaps he'll be prepared to lamp one or two of the players if they don't do what they're told... :innocent06:

Could be a reference to Florence and the Machine who released "Dog Days Are Over". This could be a good omen.

Wish ROK all the best but it's worth noting what an utter financial basket case Bristol City are.

They've lost over £25m in just the last two seasons and have a wage bill of £18.6m on a turnover of, er, £11.8m. If they do go down and he stays at Ashton Gate there's a very good chance we'll be waving at O'Kelly as City head for League Two next season.

Miaowwww!

Was manager at Hereford last season, they didn't do very well, let's hope he is a better no.2 than no.1.

I don't think he was solely responsible for taking them down mind. He became manager in March. Some people are better as number 2 though.

I think Hereford fans rate him quite highly - plus they wanted him to stay.

I think its good news he has signed as he is ODriscoll's choice.

Archived