IGNORED

Joe Jordan Sent Off At Boro'

GrahamC

Mr Jordan had a spat with David Hodgson, craned his back, dropped his nut, marched off without looking back at referee.

That's how I remember it. Absolute chaos that day outside the ground. Lost 1-0 if my memory is correct.

No idea what happened there!

I wondered if anyone recalled when Joe was sent off at Ayresome Park?

My vague recollection was that he was involved in a spat with a ballboy?

I seem to remember there being a big melee and the borough player ended up on the floor at which point Jordan appeared to aim a kick at him.

The ref showed a red card immediately and Jordan held his arms out to suggest he hadn't done anything?

Remember it well, especially Owen's penalty miss right in front of us in the last bloody minute!

I also remember their fans all running on the pitch when they scored, and heading towards us before they were intercepted.

Then they were all pulling their mates up into the stand, and the law just watching them.

When they did go into them a Boro fan ended up sitting on his mates shoulders wearing a police helmet!

Also remember a dustbin flying out an alley and hitting the coach in front, and listening to Tommy Hearns demolish Denis Andries on the radio, on the way home.

Such happy days, they were.

Marvellous.

Me and brother went up on C.A.T.S that day and remember it well.

Proper ground and proper game. I think both were going for promotion and something must've happened down here as a lot of 'boro fans were running around with The Bristol Journal.

This quiet lad sat on the coach next to us was fearful after the game and said something like 'I haven't come up here for this'.

The next thing we see is this same lad running past with the said dustbin above his head.

Needless to say, he wasn't on the coach on the way back. Made I laugh.

Anyone else remember why The Bristol Journal had riled the locals so much?

Archived