IGNORED

Mark Wilson To Remain At City Till "end Of Season"

Fuber

According to the SSN article on the rejection of the Adomah bid, http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/8431762/Bristol-City-manager-Sean-O-Driscoll-has-confirmed-the-club-has-rejected-a-written-offer-for-winger-Albert-Adomah

....think that's our season over lads, I'll get me Springfield out the cupboard and see ya all at the Gate! And before you ask.... Of course I have a gun permit. (*Insert Sarcasm Here*)

I could never see the point of spending lots of money on McFadzean who's had a serious virus and hasn't played since November, we need someone who is ready to hit the ground running. He's probably keeping Mark Wilson as a squad member since he's cheap and we're short on numbers in defence. All makes sense to me, I don't see what people are worried about, our new manager thinks he can get more out of the players we have already - just remember our first season up when everyone was confident, that team had Fonts, Carey, Elliot we all thought they were great then (admittedly Louis has slowed down a bit since then!).

I read into O'Driscoll's comments that there was some sort of contractual obligation that meant Wilson had to stay on now.

With Moloney on his way to us and Foster ahead of him in the queue I'd be amazed if he features in the first team in the next 4 months before being released.

Yep dont think SOD had much choice...

Mark Wilson will stay with City until the end of the season after exercising a clause in the contract he agreed with former Robins boss Derek McInnes.

O'Driscoll said: "Mark Wilson had a clause in the contract that he originally signed allowing for it to be extended. He is still training with us and will be here until the end of the season."

It seems as though SoD had no choice about extending Wilson's contract. If you read the last part of the article in the post it says he will stay after "exercising a clause in the contract he agreed with Derek McInnes. If I'm reading this correctly it seems as though Del has lumbered us with him regardless of whether we want him or not.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol-City-head-coach-Sean-O-Driscoll-poised/story-17957759-detail/story.html

I read into O'Driscoll's comments that there was some sort of contractual obligation that meant Wilson had to stay on now.

With Moloney on his way to us and Foster ahead of him in the queue I'd be amazed if he features in the first team in the next 4 months before being released.

Have to say I read it like that as well, although I could be wrong.

It actually makes me laugh when I see people say this buffoon is better than Foster.

Mark wilson is equally as bad as foster, now we have signed moloney hopefully we wont have to see these 2 buffoon's in city colours again.

What still annoys me about M Wilson is the way Del was relentless in his praise of him in pre season! He made it out like we were signing Scotland's version of Cafu!

I think SoD's hands were tied with this one. With the arrival of Moloney I would be very surprised if we see M Wilson start many if any of our remaining games.

I don't rate Foster at all, but I would have him every day over the utterly useless M Wilson!

What still annoys me about M Wilson is the way Del was relentless in his praise of him in pre season! He made it out like we were signing Scotland's version of Cafu!

I think SoD's hands were tied with this one. With the arrival of Moloney I would be very surprised if we see M Wilson start many if any of our remaining games.

I don't rate Foster at all, but I would have him every day over the utterly useless M Wilson!

Ha ha didnt he ever. Annoys me to this does as well.

"Mark Wilson got nothing to prove to me he's quality" blah blah. I thought he looked half decent up at Forest expecting plenty more to come but he turned out to be abysmal.

Ha ha didnt he ever. Annoys me to this does as well.

"Mark Wilson got nothing to prove to me he's quality" blah blah. I thought he looked half decent up at Forest expecting plenty more to come but he turned out to be abysmal.

Haha too true! He literally can't run! We will be out of the relegation zone before M Wilson gets out of first gear!

Just about sums up McInnes - one of the worst managers we have had.

Scotland's version of Cafu! That's rich!

You have to be able to run, tackle and overlap.

I've seen pensioners run faster.

It actually makes me laugh when I see people say this buffoon is better than Foster.

Actually i think he is equal to Foster, some displays earlier in the season have been brilliant. The amount of times I've walked away fuming with our defence and posession giveaway because of Foster hoofing the ball is beyond countable.

Archived