IGNORED

Can Wilson Sign The Right Striker

gavlin

Wilson's striker signings have not been that productive.

Firstly Peacock isn't a Wilson signing he was courted by the famous three in the spring before Wilson came and Fawthrop had lined him up as Wilson joined.

So that leaves

Matthews £100000, Leaves on a free, injury prone even at Leeds

Roberts £50000, Bought because of his potential even though the then Exeter Manager was quoted as saying he though he needed another season in Div 3. Been played in several positions, still hasn't improved enough to be a leading goal scorer and is erratic.

Fagan Loan Signing, Scored one goal.

Robins Loan Signing, His only successful signing became a firm favourite.

Miller £300000 a gamble which hasn't paid off at present but I think will establish himself as a proven striker. But was the wrong signing at the start of this season.

Rougier Free, proved a good signing not really an out and out stiker now being released.

So can he now exceed himself this close season and buy us a proven goalscorer ???

Guest Ciderhead Reynolds

Robbo was 100k and answer to your question , we will have to wait and see what Gillespie is like but i cant see any new strikers coming here in the summer

That's the big question,i think must people would agree that's all we had missing this season.

To be honest we've never replaced thorpe!

Well we have, but sadly he's welsh so a lot of fans just slag him off despite he managed to get within 2 of Thorpes best ever tally with us, playing not that much football.

Archived