IGNORED

Heaton & Stead

WolfOfWestStreet

Heaton > stunning double save

Stead > crucial finish

Season defining moments? Either way hats off to both

Check out joe metediths Facebook page, if there is any doubt about what the goal meant to Jon Stead look at his celebration photo. Sorry not technical enough to know how to post photos,

Big moments, massive win

Heaton should of caught the first shot so he had to make up for that really but still good save. I thought Stead has ruined the chance but fair play important goal.

I have to admit I also went from "FFS one touch too many!!!" to "Take as many touches as you like, mate!"

If S O'D can bring out the best in Steady, then we'll have quite a formidable force. We know he can hold the ball up, but his composure in front of goal has been awful.

A fully fit Jon Stead should be starting week in, week out

Out of Contract at end of season maybe, but DEFINATELY should not be sold, most experienced and best all round forward at the club and needed in the first team,

Doesn't look like any one wants to buy him, but with his age and wage a free transfer at the end of the season is both inevitable and desirable.

He's never been a particularly regular starter, or scorer, at most of his clubs, and this career pattern has continued at AG.

He does score some important goals like yesterday though so let's hope he gets a few more before his exit.

Work rate and commitment has been first class, but on his high wages and at his age I would be very surprised and a little disappointed if Steady got a new deal.

Don't get me wrong I love the bloke, but unless he accepts and drastic pay cut we need to move in a different direction. Hopefully he can help us as much as he did last, to save us from the drop!

As for Heaton, it's about time he contributed a little more for me. He is better than Gerken but not by much! Constantly rooted to his line and I think he is as much to blame as the rest of our back 4 this season.

The double save... Technically he should have palmed the ball to the side out for a corner not back into the 6 yard area. Thus not needing to make the 2nd save. However he made up for it. Otherwise a very good game for him.

I wonder if he could've done more for the first goal. He was again static when it was clear once Murphy got by Fontaine (inevitable) he could place the ball where he wanted. It was desperate stuff, but maybe he should've come out and tried to nick it with his feet. A sh1t or bust tactic obviously, but maybe better than waiting for the inevitable shot.

Luckily, with Chopra on the bench, he didn't have too much to do for the rest of the match.

My opinion of Stead has gone up a shedload after his post match interview where he was very honest about the situation and the managerial changes. Makes a change to hear some insightful stuff rather than cliches and sly digs at McInnes.

He's a useful player to have in the squad with his experience and attitude - some could learn a lot from him. I hope he gets another contract at the end of the season.

Bloody hell, here we go again, forget his inept performances this season then.

At this rate we'll be retaining all the players that will in all probability be getting us relegated.

Let's hope O'driscoll has more balls in him than the shortsighted views of some fans.

2 goals in 20 odd games 10k a week and is 30 odd.. why would we give him a contract?

He's 29 for starters

3 goals in 14 starts this season,

His record at City is an Impressive 1 goal in 3 games.

People mention his wages, but it's fair to say that apart from Taylor he's our lowest paid senior forward,

He's had his injury problems, but who hasn't, people mention inept performances but I'd like people to mention which games when he's played in a 2 man forward line that's he's been dreadful. Name a game? For me, he's always one of the few players to come out of games with credit.

When Fit, best all round forward at the club and most experiecned, Definately worth a new contract, his City future like many depends n what league we are in next season.

Either way, I'd be alot more confident with him at the club than not.

I wonder if he could've done more for the first goal. He was again static when it was clear once Murphy got by Fontaine (inevitable) he could place the ball where he wanted. It was desperate stuff, but maybe he should've come out and tried to nick it with his feet. A sh1t or bust tactic obviously, but maybe better than waiting for the inevitable shot.

Luckily, with Chopra on the bench, he didn't have too much to do for the rest of the match.

I agree. It seemed to take an age before the guy slotted it in, a bit 'slomo'. Its similar to his not coming for crosses, all you want the guy to do is come positively, call, and smash anybody that's in the way, out of the way.

My opinion of Stead has gone up a shedload after his post match interview where he was very honest about the situation and the managerial changes. Makes a change to hear some insightful stuff rather than cliches and sly digs at McInnes.

He's a useful player to have in the squad with his experience and attitude - some could learn a lot from him. I hope he gets another contract at the end of the season.

May I ask what J S said in his post match interview.............I'm a cheapskate and don't have player. I believe Stead is a reliable squad member who is not far short of playing at a higher level, but for lack of pace, inconsistency and injury probs he might be playing Premiership football. (Thats quite a few...)

I was sat in the atyeo and that ball moved loads in the air and to say he could of done better is way off the mark.

The first goal saw the Ipswich forward tug fonts before fonts stupidly went to ground again nothing heaton could do.

Heaton for me was probably up there with carey for mom. I do like the thought of stead, Davies and baldock as our forward 3 shame none of our midfield know how to pass a ball forwards.

Can't blame Heaton for the goal. It was a simple flicked on header from McGoldrick to Murphy and a weak tackle by Beckenbauer gave Murphy a chance that no Championship player should be missing.

To be fair shot stopping is not and has never been the issue with Heaton. We know he is good at that and so he should be as he is playing at Championship level. But what was noticable yesterday was that Ipswich put every single corner into the six yard box because they know that Heaton is not positive enough to come and claim them as a rule. It wasn't an accident that Ipswich did this.

Heaton came for three corners/crosses yesterday - in the first half he got fouled, we get the free kick and the pressure is off, one in the second half was held at the second attempt but again the pressure was off and the third ball he came for was caught cleanly and he made a great throw out to the wing to set us off on the attack - that is what positive goalkeeping brings to the party. I am sure he is good enough to come for more balls and either catch or punch them if only he had that positive mindset more often. I would rather see him come and drop the odd ball than stay glued to the line because at the moment every corner we concede worries me and it has clearly been noted by McCarthy and I am sure Manager's of upcoming opposition.

2 goals in 20 odd games 10k a week and is 30 odd.. why would we give him a contract?

If only our players were on only 10K a week! thats less than the average wage at ashton gate, you only have to extrapolate the wages to the numbers of players we have.

I was sat in the atyeo and that ball moved loads in the air and to say he could of done better is way off the mark.

The first goal saw the Ipswich forward tug fonts before fonts stupidly went to ground again nothing heaton could do.

Heaton for me was probably up there with carey for mom. I do like the thought of stead, Davies and baldock as our forward 3 shame none of our midfield know how to pass a ball forwards.

I don't think Heaton did quite enough to warrant MotM although i agree he had a sound game.

For me Anderson and Davies were runners-up for that accolade. Anderson was tireless and our best midfielder by a country mile and Davies, apart from striking a beautiful goal, showed how his strength could take and hold the ball upfield. Both were excellent IMO.

A fully fit Jon Stead should be starting week in, week out

Out of Contract at end of season maybe, but DEFINATELY should not be sold, most experienced and best all round forward at the club and needed in the first team,

Agree 100%. He works his bum off week in and week out. Our best player by a country mile and seems to care for the shirt and that speaks volumns

He's 29 for starters

3 goals in 14 starts this season,

His record at City is an Impressive 1 goal in 3 games.

People mention his wages, but it's fair to say that apart from Taylor he's our lowest paid senior forward,

He's had his injury problems, but who hasn't, people mention inept performances but I'd like people to mention which games when he's played in a 2 man forward line that's he's been dreadful. Name a game? For me, he's always one of the few players to come out of games with credit.

When Fit, best all round forward at the club and most experiecned, Definately worth a new contract, his City future like many depends n what league we are in next season.

Either way, I'd be alot more confident with him at the club than not.

3 goals in 14 is still nowhere near good enough for a striker.. like I said he puts in 100% every game and thats a credit to himself.. but he's not good enough.

3 goals in 14 is still nowhere near good enough for a striker.. like I said he puts in 100% every game and thats a credit to himself.. but he's not good enough.

So last years player of the season, someone with premier league experience ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH

Unbelievablely moronic

Yes, this is his worst season to date with us, but this is also the clubs worst season since he's been here, most of his games he's been dumped up front as lone forward with zero service, it's no surprise his goal record is so poor, I'd imagine that it will be much better ratio come end of season.

sums it up you were sat in the Ateyo, the furthest stand away, he should of caught it.

So last years player of the season, someone with premier league experience ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH

Unbelievablely moronic

Yes, this is his worst season to date with us, but this is also the clubs worst season since he's been here, most of his games he's been dumped up front as lone forward with zero service, it's no surprise his goal record is so poor, I'd imagine that it will be much better ratio come end of season.

Yes Unbelievablely moronic to suggest a player who has 3 goals in 14, one a penalty.. who wins no headers in the air.. never holds the ball up to be deemed good enough.. moronic indeed. Jody Morris have premier league experience, and champions league experience so it doesn't mean anything....

sums it up you were sat in the Ateyo, the furthest stand away, he should of caught it.

And I was stood in the EE right behind the goal and agree with him that the ball swerved enough to make it very difficult to catch, especially at the pace the ball was coming at him.

And I was stood in the EE right behind the goal and agree with him that the ball swerved enough to make it very difficult to catch, especially at the pace the ball was coming at him.

i was stood in the EE and a professional keeper should catch that with ease, poor postioning and didn't adjust well to catch it. I like Heaton and rarely complain about him but if you think he did well there i don't understand how anyone can complain at all.

i was stood in the EE and a professional keeper should catch that with ease, poor postioning and didn't adjust well to catch it. I like Heaton and rarely complain about him but if you think he did well there i don't understand how anyone can complain at all.

No, I agree that he probably should have done better but I'm saying that it isn't as easy as it may look to catch a ball like that.

Archived