IGNORED

Goodbye...and Thanks For The Momories

Welcome To The Jungle

I liked the one where he was stiopped by police when out driving (I think because he had loads of unpaid traffic fines). When searched, the police found several thousand pounds of cash in his pocket so asked him why he had so much cash on him.

" Because I'm very rich" was his answer.

Didn't he also wander into a school just to say hi to the kids?

Proper character on and off the pitch, over paid and arrogant maybe, class player sometimes. But you won't forget the bloke for good things, bad things and stupid funny crazy things.

In the often bland world of the premiership, the guy deserves a little recognition for entertaining. And after all, that is the industry he is in.

Proper character on and off the pitch, over paid and arrogant maybe, class player sometimes. But you won't forget the bloke for good things, bad things and stupid funny crazy things.

In the often bland world of the premiership, the guy deserves a little recognition for entertaining. And after all, that is the industry he is in.

The Manchester City star helped a young autograph hunter being picked on at school – by confronting the bully himself.

The striker questioned why the young lad was playing truant with his mum outside the club’s Carrington training ground rather than attending school.

After the fan revealed that he was being bullied, Mario drove the youngster and his mum over to the school in question and demanded a meeting with the headteacher.

The Blues ace got the youngster to confess what had been happening and made him identify the culprit. The lads eventually shook hands before Mario got into his white Maserati and sped off.

How fantastic is that. Only Mario would do such a thing.

You watch him score 20-30 goals a season for Milan now. Bundles of ability, play him week in week out where he feels comfortable and loved and he will perform.

I'm not sure the bloke will be comfortable anywhere, he was just the same when in italy. A proper loose cannon. He can be equally shite or sublime. I fear a career of 10 -15 starts a season and lots of super sub appearances as he slowly fades away from football.

The Manchester City star helped a young autograph hunter being picked on at school – by confronting the bully himself.

The striker questioned why the young lad was playing truant with his mum outside the club’s Carrington training ground rather than attending school.

After the fan revealed that he was being bullied, Mario drove the youngster and his mum over to the school in question and demanded a meeting with the headteacher.

The Blues ace got the youngster to confess what had been happening and made him identify the culprit. The lads eventually shook hands before Mario got into his white Maserati and sped off.

that is superb

I'm not sure the bloke will be comfortable anywhere, he was just the same when in italy. A proper loose cannon. He can be equally shite or sublime. I fear a career of 10 -15 starts a season and lots of super sub appearances as he slowly fades away from football.

He was playing under Mourinho it must be said. The man who said he has no brain.

He is a self confessed AC Milan fan so maybe he will give his all this time. I hope so, he really can be a top player.

By all accounts originally it was to ask if he could use the toilet.

He then offered to meet the kids.

Also didn't he fill up his car at a petrol station and pay for everyone else?

Shame he's off as i liked him

I'm sure I watched an interview on football focus with him being questioned by "his biggest fan" Noel Gallagher - the above was put to him and he vehemently denied it.... Other stories were put to him and most were denied. Will try and find video on Youtube.

Said video....

I'm sure I watched an interview on football focus with him being questioned by "his biggest fan" Noel Gallagher - the above was put to him and he vehemently denied it.... Other stories were put to him and most were denied. Will try and find video on Youtube.

Said video....

For some reason I think he's denying it even though it's true.

Would be a really odd rumour to just randomly make up otherwise.

Perhaps he missed his real calling as a sort of big brother type eccentric type Z list celebrity, evidenced by the lack of footballing memories on this thread.

On the footballing front he was outstanding in the Euro's last year. I've heard/read a number of football pundits suggest that the reason he does so well for Italy is that in that team he is the main man, whereas at Man City he is not.

On the footballing front he was outstanding in the Euro's last year. I've heard/read a number of football pundits suggest that the reason he does so well for Italy is that in that team he is the main man, whereas at Man City he is not.

Didn't he have one outstanding game?

To me Balotelli is not a world class striker at all, but he has that raw potential. The shame is that the potential is passing him by because of his off the field antics and inability to focus on his game.

I like Balotelli, he does some crazy things but I think his heart is in the right place, it's just his head that isn't. He's had a rough life what with his parents, fostering and so on and it's not a surprised he's a little "not right in the head" at times as he's still only 22 and didn't really have a normal childhood. I personally think he just needs to sort his head out but he's unable to do that because he can basically do as he pleases.

I hope before he gets too old he'll sort his head out and it'll show on the field and his potential will come through but it's only for so long that you can be a negative influence on a club before you over stay your welcome.

To me Balotelli is not a world class striker at all, but he has that raw potential. The shame is that the potential is passing him by because of his off the field antics and inability to focus on his game.

I like Balotelli, he does some crazy things but I think his heart is in the right place, it's just his head that isn't. He's had a rough life what with his parents, fostering and so on and it's not a surprised he's a little "not right in the head" at times as he's still only 22 and didn't really have a normal childhood. I personally think he just needs to sort his head out but he's unable to do that because he can basically do as he pleases.

I hope before he gets too old he'll sort his head out and it'll show on the field and his potential will come through but it's only for so long that you can be a negative influence on a club before you over stay your welcome.

I wouldn't say he's world class either as he's yet to prove it.

What I would say is that he's got a similar playing style and personality to Ibrahimovic and I think he has more talent at his age than Zlatan did when he was 22. If he can progress like he did then he'll become world class.

Imho the guy is the best thing to have happened to the premier league in years. I'm gutted he's gone!

It was Xaverian College in Rusholme where he dropped in to use the toilet, then posed for photo with all the kids. My mate teaches there but totally missed him!! Crazy thing is that the college is right behind curry mile- he could have stopped at one of about 70 restaurants and its a non story!!

His name is in the history books though- Only Italian to have a premier league medal.

Got the most punchable face I have EVER seen!!! The blokes an asshole!!! Good riddance!!

Would not have put it quite that way and I have never met the bloke so I could not agree with those sentiments but fully appreciate why people dislike him. He has an awful lot of growing up to do; probably a 15 year old in a 22 year old body. I doubt, overall, he will be much missed of that we can agree.

He is currently nowhere near world class; the clue is in that last word.

Archived