IGNORED

Tinman Considering Retirement?

Calculus

Don't know if anyone saw the higlights on ITV last night (Why in God's name did I watch? It was worse second time around).

After the game, Tinman was interviewed pitch-side was asked the very direct question: 'Was this your last game Brian?' (By the way, an award due to the interviewer for asking a very crass question at an awful time).

His response was 'Don't know, going to take a few weeks to think about it'. Seemed to get the impression had we gone up, he might have announced his retirement right there and then, ending on a high etc.

Anyone else get this feeling? And have we seen the last of him? Must admit I'm torn about it myself. Really would like him to end his playing career well, but all he now has to look forward to is another years battle against old father time in divsion 2, with no real prospect of him getting games in division one, even in the unlikely eveny we do make it.

Whatever the great man decides is ok by me, but I don't want to see him stay a season too long and get to the point when he becomes a target for the boo boys.

What do we think?

Guest newport red

i think he should retire will still on top and go and enjoy retirement and if he does i wish him well in all he and his familly does

Tin Man has always been a good sevant to this club, unlike a hell of a lot of others.

He should now relax with his family, and get on with learning his management skills, and when the time comes he will be ready to take this club to the next level as manager, gracing us with his management skills as he has as a player.

He will learn well, and I cant see see him tolerating the indifferent performances we have seen this season. its just sad that our manager, and team couldnt manage the promotion, and chance to see him grace Div 1 next season, one last time.

Archived