IGNORED

Nicky Hunt

cider mad

What has happened to his career? Over 100 apps in prem league, and now on loan to Accrington from Rotherham. Find it hard to believe that a player can just lose all of his talent like that. i actually feel quite sorry for the guy, i wonder what has happend in his life to make him lose so much confidence in himself?

What has happened to his career? Over 100 apps in prem league, and now on loan to Accrington from Rotherham. Find it hard to believe that a player can just lose all of his talent like that. i actually feel quite sorry for the guy, i wonder what has happend in his life to make him lose so much confidence in himself?

Lets just say he hasn't helped himself too much along the way and leave it like that. Hopefully he can turn things around.

Met his old neighbours on holiday 2 years back. Said he is a lovely lad, but never understood how he became a pro footballer. They said he wasn't great as a youngster he certainly wasn't good as a pro at Bolton. But they love the bloke as a person. And admitted they could never say that to his face.

Seems like he bagged a career as a footballer. The Frank Abagnale of football.

Met his old neighbours on holiday 2 years back. Said he is a lovely lad, but never understood how he became a pro footballer. They said he wasn't great as a youngster he certainly wasn't good as a pro at Bolton. But they love the bloke as a person. And admitted they could never say that to his face.

Seems like he bagged a career as a footballer. The Frank Abagnale of football.

He's not the only one who has been labelled a professional footballer when they have the ability of an amateur at best.

Lets just say he hasn't helped himself too much along the way and leave it like that. Hopefully he can turn things around.

Similar veiled speech and whispers comes up in every Nicky Hunt thread.

If you have something to say, say it rather than leaving cryptic clues and half truths.

Yes he was absolutely fantastic against Forest Green.

He is one of life's lucky bastards.

He was in that Premiership Bolton side at just the right time and has been living off that ever since.

His agent must be the equivalent of a modern day Max Clifford to be able to con club after club.

Rather than ring his neck like most supporters, I'd like to shake his hand and hope some of his good fortune rubs off on me but knowing my luck I'll get a job transfer to Accrington.

DOH!

I don't really understand how people can be angry at him, in a similar way I don't understand how people are so angry towards Jody Morris.

You can't exactly blame the bloke for accepting money that people have been stupid enough to put in front of him - the people who should take the flak are the managers and scouts who have been stupid enough to be conned by him.

I'm useless at football, but if someone offered me £10k odd a week (or whatever he was on) on a 3 year contract to play for a Championship side would I take it? You can bet your rear end I would! And I bet the majority of you on here who are criticising Hunt and Morris would do exactly the same!

I don't really understand how people can be angry at him, in a similar way I don't understand how people are so angry towards Jody Morris.

You can't exactly blame the bloke for accepting money that people have been stupid enough to put in front of him - the people who should take the flak are the managers and scouts who have been stupid enough to be conned by him.

I'm useless at football, but if someone offered me £10k odd a week (or whatever he was on) on a 3 year contract to play for a Championship side would I take it? You can bet your rear end I would! And I bet the majority of you on here who are criticising Hunt and Morris would do exactly the same!

Absolutely agree. However he isn't going to get any pity/sympathy from me along the way,

Yes, but he didn't bl00dy play, did he? :grr:

But thats not his fault. Our club decided to offer him a good contract then decided that he actually wasn't good enough to play for us and he's not the only one.

Blame for Nicky Hunt & Jody Morris is down to the manager who asked to sign them and the board who sanctioned it.

Do i feel sorry or pity the guy no cause he's earned enough money from doing what most of us do for a pastime but he doesn't deserve the abuse he seems to get.

Archived