IGNORED

Can Sod Rejunvinate James Wilson ?

Eco

He's been so disappointing this season just wondering if, following the recent transformation in Fonts and Marv, whether JW could finally become the player we hoped he would be.

I'm not entirely sure we can class 2 games for Fonts and 70 minutes for Marv a completed transformation!

But I love your optimism!

Rejuvenation implies that he had any talent to lose.

He's probably the least talented defender I've ever laid eyes on. No brain, no ability in the tackle. Made it as a footballer by virtue of being 6'3 as far as I can tell.

Glad someone agrees with me! Never has put in a performance where I've been impressed, far too lightweight, and for 6'3 doesn't win many headers!

Well Debbie, what first attracted you to the millionaire, Paul Daniels?

Up there with the Peter Crouch quote.

Asked what he would be if he were not a professional footballer, Crouch replied " a virgin".

I was shocked at how bad he was this season. There was no sign in earlier seasons that he was THAT bad. I can still remember the 'Bring back Wilson and Edwards campaign' on forums when we were struggling at the start of last season. No one was slagging him off then. but then its much easier to say - kick him out - bring him in etc etc when what is really wrong is based on wrong attitudes or tactics.

People are slating his performance today, but forgot he was up against a £8m free scorer striker, plus Wilson isn't exactly match fit at moment due to lack of game time.

Got till end of season to prove himself however, he'd be out the door for me. Hard to believe he was so highly rated few years ago and we were worried about losing him to the premier league.

Watched James Wilson at Brentford several times when he was on loan there. He was certain of a starting place looked confident and assured and was very well regarded by the Brentford fans. Ok that was in a lower division but I was really sure that he would be a great player for City as he was only 19/20 when he played for Brentford.

Such a shame that whenever I've seen him play for City he looks a shadow of the player I saw play for Brentford.

Perhaps he did need one manager to show some confidence in him and play him regularly when he came back from those loan spells. Seems hard to believe he peaked as a player at 20 but that is what all the evidence suggests. Surely a move in the summer and maybe a new club and a regular starting place and he might prove us all wrong.

Seems slightly sad that for a local player of such promise the best I've ever seen him play is for another club four seasons ago.

Archived