IGNORED

New Phone: Anyone Got The Nexus 4?

I'm due an upgrade on my phone and I'm hearing lots of good things about the Google / LG phone the Nexus 4. Has anyone got one? If so are they worth getting?

Mate has one, he rates it highly. Bought direct from google for about 240 quid. Strange all other retailers are selling them for about 450. Perfect phone to get along with a giff gaff sim.

They're very good. The only real weakness is it has no sd card expansion slot. I went for a galaxy note 2 and once you get used to the size its an awesome piece of kit. The s3 is also excellent.

Definitely buy the phone outright and get a sim only deal, much cheaper.

I got the s3. Memory card expansion slot swayed it. 200 more expensive, I'm not 100% certain I made the right choice. If Google hadn't sold out when I was looking, I may have bought the nexus. But only at Google's price, not at other retailers prices.

I have got a samsung galaxy S3 and it is the best phone I have ever had. It blows the iphone out of the water. It feels big when you first get it but it does not take long to get used to it.

Definitly, only downside is it does feel a bit flimsy, now if it has a iphone type body, it would be brilliant.

Like you best phone I have ever owned

Definitly, only downside is it does feel a bit flimsy, now if it has a iphone type body, it would be brilliant.

Like you best phone I have ever owned

I have one of those silicone sheaths (oh-er) for mine and not only does it add protection but it makes it feel more robust. I think they are stronger than they feel, they have Gorilla Glass and a good chassis.

I have one of those silicone sheaths (oh-er) for mine and not only does it add protection but it makes it feel more robust. I think they are stronger than they feel, they have Gorilla Glass and a good chassis.

Aye, the casing breaks a little easily from some testing i have seen on it.

Hmm sheaths maybe the way to go, everyone need a robust sheath item in their life :)

I think iPhones are over-rated. Know a lot of people who hardly use them but are swept up by the applications and features of the iPhone. The phone itself from a personal view is built for business and artistic users. Not really for built for personally use.

Thing is they are not really business phones either. They are just objects of desire of those who were brainwashed. Business phones are blackberrys with bes servers, and the microsoft offerings are starting to make in roads. Iphones really do not have the security to be classed as a true business phone, much the same as the ipad, and the link in with exchange email system, is lets face it, not great. It is also being found out again where security is of a concern in a business environment.

iphones, lets face it, are a fashion accessories. A well made but over priced fashion accessory.

Thing is they are not really business phones either. They are just objects of desire of those who were brainwashed. Business phones are blackberrys with bes servers, and the microsoft offerings are starting to make in roads. Iphones really do not have the security to be classed as a true business phone, much the same as the ipad, and the link in with exchange email system, is lets face it, not great. It is also being found out again where security is of a concern in a business environment.

iphones, lets face it, are a fashion accessories. A well made but over priced fashion accessory.

Spot on, people have them because they like to say they have an iphone. They can usually offer no technical arguement as to why they are so good.

It is the same with macs, people don't really understand why they buy them. Some people say it is because they are better for multimedia but when they are quizzed about specifics they do not know. Someone said it to me once and I asked them what multimedia was and they did not know!!!

They will also tell you that they do not get viruses, so why is there anti-virus software for apple-macs?? Again they cannot answer that!

Spot on, people have them because they like to say they have an iphone. They can usually offer no technical arguement as to why they are so good.

It is the same with macs, people don't really understand why they buy them. Some people say it is because they are better for multimedia but when they are quizzed about specifics they do not know. Someone said it to me once and I asked them what multimedia was and they did not know!!!

They will also tell you that they do not get viruses, so why is there anti-virus software for apple-macs?? Again they cannot answer that!

Exactly. No viruses, or very little, my arse, that was the case a few years back, when Apples had the street cred of a dead fish, but as more brain washed fools buy them, the more likely hood is hackers will be interested in hitting them with viruses. And so it begins, but this time, not only are they hitting Apple code, but also the linux code they sit on.

Then you get the iThis iThat fans saying, well apples are better because there are not so many updates or patches!!!!! yeah right, you really are showing your lack of knowledge now. What that should be suggesting, is although microsoft can be a bit crappy, they are trying to fix loopholes, and damn quickly, where as Apple just patch up in the next iteration of the OS, well now they are being found out, an are having to upgrade on the fly, and guess what, they are shite at it.

I am sick to death of Apple and their branding, yep they do branding really well, and theri products are pretty wellmade, but they are over priced and have no real place in the corporate world, other than to pose with.

I only got mine because it was a "free" upgrade from vodaphone, I have two mobiles anyway one for work (an old nokia) and my iphone for personal,

I perfer the old nokia in all honesty but the iphone is good for getting hte football scores and news on oh and watching the odd film on itune when I'm on a long train journey

I only got mine because it was a "free" upgrade from vodaphone, I have two mobiles anyway one for work (an old nokia) and my iphone for personal,

I perfer the old nokia in all honesty but the iphone is good for getting hte football scores and news on oh and watching the odd film on itune when I'm on a long train journey

Snap, though it's an LG rather than a Nokia. I have a smartphone in my drawer that I got for free on my contract and I used it for one day before deciding I couldn't be bothered carrying something that big and fragile in order to have the capability of doing stuff I don't want.

Calls, texts, e-mails, music, radio, camera and (basic) web-browsing for £30 in a small phone with buttons that has been dropped dozens of time without damage. That's everything I want in a phone.

Archived