IGNORED

Today's Game

wayne allisons tongues

Back from the match, had my tea and have calmed down a bit. My thoughts on today's game, played so much better than we did in the cup game not hard though.

Blackburn 2 shots on target and both went in which summed up the game, they passed it around but didn't look like scoring apart from Rhodes. After second goal they looked more dangerous but that was because we were chasing the game.

Challenge on Carey was late but just about get away with it. Kazim Richards how he stayed on dont know blatant stamp on Elliott and if ref saw it which he must of for booking him how has he got away with it, whole Blackburn team surrounded ref which was a give away.

City played really well as a team and were unlucky to not get a point, thought Davies fk went in early on but was side netting, and the passing move which led to Davies hitting the post was a excellent passing move which tore through the Blackburn team.

Second half Davies snap shot blocked could of gone anywhere and marvins diving header was excellent he actually headed to well, a slight miss header and would of gone in. Whole team played well and looked compact and steady.

Only down side the two goals, first one was unlucky Cunningham cleared corner back to pedersen and cross came in. Great challenge by Carey in box fell to Rhodes one touch and back of net. Second goal was literally 10 seconds after stead came on, kick from heaton stead lost out fell to Murphy who played ball over top, Wilson wasn't strong enough and was held off by Rhodes and he got to box and scored. Fonts maybe should of got in challenge but from other end couldn't see if he tried to cover angle or stopped.

Elliott and Anderson were outstanding for us today as was Carey.

No one played poorly just one of those days that things don't go your way. Play like we did rest if season should pick up plenty of points and won't be meeting a forward as lethal as Rhodes all season.

Back from the match, had my tea and have calmed down a bit. My thoughts on today's game, played so much better than we did in the cup game not hard though.

Blackburn 2 shots on target and both went in which summed up the game, they passed it around but didn't look like scoring apart from Rhodes. After second goal they looked more dangerous but that was because we were chasing the game.

Challenge on Carey was late but just about get away with it. Kazim Richards how he stayed on dont know blatant stamp on Elliott and if ref saw it which he must of for booking him how has he got away with it, whole Blackburn team surrounded ref which was a give away.

City played really well as a team and were unlucky to not get a point, thought Davies fk went in early on but was side netting, and the passing move which led to Davies hitting the post was a excellent passing move which tore through the Blackburn team.

Second half Davies snap shot blocked could of gone anywhere and marvins diving header was excellent he actually headed to well, a slight miss header and would of gone in. Whole team played well and looked compact and steady.

Only down side the two goals, first one was unlucky Cunningham cleared corner back to pedersen and cross came in. Great challenge by Carey in box fell to Rhodes one touch and back of net. Second goal was literally 10 seconds after stead came on, kick from heaton stead lost out fell to Murphy who played ball over top, Wilson wasn't strong enough and was held off by Rhodes and he got to box and scored. Fonts maybe should of got in challenge but from other end couldn't see if he tried to cover angle or stopped.

Elliott and Anderson were outstanding for us today as was Carey.

No one played poorly just one of those days that things don't go your way. Play like we did rest if season should pick up plenty of points and won't be meeting a forward as lethal as Rhodes all season.

Thanks. That's made me feel a whole lot better.

I wasn't at the game but find this sentence puzzling.

Could it really have been a 'great challenge by Carey in the box' if it led directly to the bloke he's supposed to be marking having a free shot on goal?

Surprise surprise Nogbad ingoring the positives and having digs at Carey.

What do out expect when you have £8m forward v a defender who according to some was washed up two years ago (despite the fact he's been possibly our most consistant player over last fortnight)

Good right up though, close game,, separated by a quality forward

Agree with large parts of what you say and up until the second goal going in we certainly held our own. It was certainly a much, much brighter performance than the cup game four weeks ago and although this probably goes without saying, Rhodes really was the difference between the two sides.

We should have cleared the ball out from the original corner for the first goal rather than providing Pedersen with another chance to cross it i, but after that we were desperately unluckly that Louis' fantastic tackle firstly went straight to one of their players and secondly it went to a finisher as sharp as Rhodes. However the defending from Wilson for the second goal was abysmal and the less said about that the better really.

As you say I thought Marv had another good game and I actually thought it was Davies' most encouraging display when it comes to leading the line. We all know his ability on the ball, but I have had doubts over whether he can effectively lead a line and give us a target to hit, but I thought today he was a real handful for the opposition defenders. Losing Louis was a massive blow as he had looked solid again before his injury. Hope he won't be out too long!

Of course the sad thing is that today really served to remind everyone just how slim our chances of staying up are as it showed that we can play reasonably well and still be comfortably beaten.

Fair enough, it's just in another thread you said Wilson (Carey's replacement) was marking Rhodes second half so I assumed Carey was marking him first half. Wilson's getting pilloried by some on here for conceding one against Rhodes in one half, which of course would just be the same as Carey had he been responsible for marking him first half.

I'm not trying to find fault in Carey, just looking for all players to be judged the same, be they experienced popular captain or potential whipping boy.

Anyway, it sounds as if Louis did all he could from your description, so no blame on him.

The first goal came in the second phase of a corner. I cannot be sure, but for every other set piece we defended Louis was marking Scott Dann rather than Rhodes as it was giving me nightmares due to the obvious height advantage Dann has.

Surprise surprise Nogbad ingoring the positives and having digs at Carey.

What do out expect when you have £8m forward v a defender who according to some was washed up two years ago (despite the fact he's been possibly our most consistant player over last fortnight)

Good right up though, close game,, separated by a quality forward

No digs at Carey at all, just clearing something up with Wayne Allison's Tongues.

Perhaps you should wait until the end of a conversation to make your damning judgement rather than butting in rudely in the middle.

Archived