IGNORED

Carey New One Year Deal? Thoughts

Scrumpy_247

we need to sign at least 2 centre halfs in the summer as he's still our best centre half.

He's on a much reduced salary now compared to previous seasons, Based on his form when he's played this season, he'd be worth keeping on a pay as you play deal for another year definately.

Past his best no doubt, but based on player at the club his best is still OUR best.

i think it would be worth it,if nothing else,he could pass on his knowledge and commitment to his young up and coming peers.

i doubt if he would get offered serious pro money now and his experience coming cheap would be an asset.

having said that,he may well want to hang up his boots once he gets the record,who knows?

Any team needs 4 first team central defenders to allow for injury, suspension and loss of form. Assuming Nyatanga and James Wilson go in the summer, if Carey went as well, it would leave only Fontaine. This would mean City need to sign 3 good central defenders in the close season. As we haven’t managed to sign 1 in recent years I don’t think it’s likely to happen. (If you don’t rate Fontaine then it would mean we need t sign 4!)

If Carey is prepared to play on a reasonable contract then sign him on. He won’t be able to play every match but would be a reliable back up. Judge him on his recent form not the date on his birth citificate.

no, part of the comfy club here at the gate ,great servant but id rather have a younger guy in his place if im being honest

bingo, a few games of playing well does not justify to earn a new contract. Same scenario here with Clarkson, had 3 good games in a row people on here were calling for a contract extension. I'd happily give Louis a pay as you play deal if we are still in the NPC or League 1.

Give him the extra year, we haven't got anyone in his place who can read the game.

His legs might be slower but it's funny how well the team has been doing in the past few games when he has played.

Even Fonts has got that bit more confidence when Carey is along side.

But agree with the signing of 2 more Centre backs.

Thought i get this in before the next poll starts!!

Louis Carey has proved again what a valuable asset he is to the squad. I doubt Mr O'driscoll can get several players of the same ability AND consistency for a similar reduced wage. So unless Mr O'driscoll has aces already lined up another twelve month deal is low risk.

What ths season has shown is it easy to find somebody who could realistically can earn 2 - 300% more than Louis Carey, but they are no better, or nowhere near as good.

It's a no from me as well. If Louis refused last years offer. The board would of been forced to back the manager with his quest for Ward, Gerrard, Monk and Keogh They probably looked at the books and thought we have 4 central defenders why push for another 2.

I thank him for his service and dedication he will be a club legend for me as I was to young for Atyeo, but it must be embarrassing for even him to know that he is the best we have at the moment.

And as to a coaching role no as well. As good as he is if he has any nurturing on defenders we have he has not done very well so far.

Give Bates a decent partner and you might see him live up to his reputation that he came with.

I have been really impressed by Louis Carey's recent performances, although he is 36 he is vocal, has the brain and although he isn't the quickest has he ever been graced with any? I think he should be offered a new 1 year deal if he keeps up this form. He's also great to have around the club.

I have been really impressed by Louis Carey's recent performances, although he is 36 he is vocal, has the brain and although he isn't the quickest has he ever been graced with any? I think he should be offered a new 1 year deal if he keeps up this form. He's also great to have around the club.

Great servant,good player and a guy with a good sense of humour to boot!..maybe stay with the club re;coaching capacity,gaining his badges..as a player-time to hang em up.

Great servant,good player and a guy with a good sense of humour to boot!..maybe stay with the club re;coaching capacity,gaining his badges..as a player-time to hang em up.

We are a championship club, I want proven coaches here!

He can go to a smaller team to get his badges, or he can do them in his own time.

Archived