IGNORED

Our Recruitment!

You Do The Dziekanowski

Peacock was born in Scotland.

Not lee peacock, darren I think his name was, used to play for qpr and newcastle.

Is Andy Llewellyn even on there or Paul Mardon?

Matt and simon Bryant.

Like I said, that list could be far from complete.

I think it focuses on player who are playing in the football league or good non-league and has some retired players on the list.

You could be right. Seems a weird concoction of players to choose. They miss out some still playing, such as dwayne plummer, yet they mention his brother and marvin brown, but they mention his bother.

Whoever compiled the list, school report says... Must try harder! Or go on and get the backend database updated!

Can you think of any websites which may have a list of Bristol born players on.just found one last one

http://www.evi.com/q/professional_footballers_born_in_bristol .

Can't think of one. Unless chris Wood has done something.

It is one of my pet hates, a company or person sets up a site that is supposed to provide you with good information, only for you to scratch the surface and find massive holes in the data. Why create it if you can't be arsed to make it accurate. One or two oversights you can accept, but wiping lots of, be it footballers, or anything else you can think of, from history (as much as we may like to sometimes) really does my swede in.

It is stupid there are properly more pointless websites then helpful ones.

To be fair http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ do have info from clubs around the world.

Yup, you are spot on with that summary. Like you say, transfermarket is not too bad.

Don't get me started on Wikipedia. The amount of people that hang by that site's every word is scandalous. I have heard a story (not sure if it is true or not) that some numpty used it for part of their dissertation at uni (if you quote Wikipedia, you should have an immediate fail imo). Little did they know some little scamps got on there and changed some very pertinent info, much of which his dissertation was based around. Apparently he failed :) Serves him right if you ask me.

Yup, you are spot on with that summary. Like you say, transfermarket is not too bad.

Don't get me started on Wikipedia. The amount of people that hang by that site's every word is scandalous. I have heard a story (not sure if it is true or not) that some numpty used it for part of their dissertation at uni (if you quote Wikipedia, you should have an immediate fail imo). Little did they know some little scamps got on there and changed some very pertinent info, much of which his dissertation was based around. Apparently he failed :) Serves him right if you ask me.

Most university tell you not to use sources that you cannot cite - and wikis tend to be one of those sources they frown upon. Academic papers and peer reviews are often the only accepted sources for a lot of submissions.

Most university tell you not to use sources that you cannot cite - and wikis tend to be one of those sources they frown upon. Academic papers and peer reviews are often the only accepted sources for a lot of submissions.

Aye, I know, albeit I went to uni long before wikipedia existed. I expect some, like in every era like the easy route through uni. Like I said, I couldn't corroborate if the story was true... but I wouldn't be surprised if there was an element of truth in it.

Archived