IGNORED

Fans Parliament Tonight

Lita For Congo

It was a good meeting tbh the stadium redelvepment took up most of the meeting it looks and sounds too me that this is route we will be taking. We had a talk about bringing back the robin as our crest on the shirt just from a quick poll it was pretty split a few more people in favour of the robin but it was close there gona look into a bit more and put it to a vote in time for the 2014/15 season I think.

Oh and pints of beer will be £3 all over the ground till the end of the season.

It was a good meeting tbh the stadium redelvepment took up most of the meeting it looks and sounds too me that this is route we will be taking. We had a talk about bringing back the robin as our crest on the shirt just from a quick poll it was pretty split a few more people in favour of the robin but it was close there gona look into a bit more and put it to a vote in time for the 2014/15 season I think.

Oh and pints of beer will be £3 all over the ground till the end of the season.

Should send a poll out on season ticket renewals for the badge

I Want to keep the creast personally but it doesn't matter too much to me to be honest so don't mind if it was to change

I Want to keep the creast personally but it doesn't matter too much to me to be honest so don't mind if it was to change

That is what's planned or something similar a poll will be made and fans asked to vote.

When you say redevelopment looks like the way we are going are you saying they hold little or no hope for Ashton vale?

Sorry monkeh this was for bcfcbs20

Yep what they were saying last night is good old George Ferguson is putting everthing behind redevelopment of the AG he has his own person working on it as we speak who is a City fan. We should find out more about it by September a month before we find out what's happening about AV but by all accounts whatever happens at that hearing regarding AV either side can contest the decision and it would take up to two years to go to court. Like I said the noises they were making last night if I was a betting man my house would be put on the AG getting redeveloped.

Yep what they were saying last night is good old George Ferguson is putting everthing behind redevelopment of the AG he has his own person working on it as we speak who is a City fan. We should find out more about it by September a month before we find out what's happening about AV but by all accounts whatever happens at that hearing regarding AV either side can contest the decision and it would take up to two years to go to court. Like I said the noises they were making last night if I was a betting man my house would be put on the AG getting redeveloped.

I wonder what the liklihood would be of getting both? Develop AG in the short/mid term, whilst all the village green debates goes on for many years.

Then, if needs must in the future the option to build a completely brand new stadium may come about.

I guess only Steve Lansdown would be able to answer this.

Any news on how discussions went tonight? I'd imagine the AG/AV situation was discussed, would be good to know what went down!

Martin Griffiths and Jon lansdown appear to be more open to listen to every fans needs than say colin sextone would have done and Martin did mention the boxes would vastly be housed in a huge new two tier williams stand

There is an offer for fans to meet up with him/club and a architect along with structural engineers to talk about internel stand design as it's open to fans to give their ideas and at the moment it is inside a blank canvas

Martin Griffiths:

On AV:

VG Report In October by Ross Crail.

AG Planning will be judged by council in Sept If we are succesful the VG's ers will, no doubt, appeal (2 Year Process Min)

The Mayor is in favour

Even Peter Crispin is in favour!

If they win, we will appeal etc, etc

• Capacity will be 26,200-Adds appx 8,000 to current max segregated capacity
  • Possibilty to increase to 31k in the future
  • Boxes 34 (More Than AV Mainly in williams huge 2 tier stand)
  • Rest 1,000 Covers (Same As AV)
  • Rest converts to Conference Centres 900 people
  • Fans fully consulted and involved in deciding interior design obviously subject to planning/structural design limits.
  • Safe Standing Integral To Plan and would be open to put foward to be a pilot club
  • Subject to Planning Approval & Conditions
  • Subject to Building Regs & Structural Possibility
  • New Train Station
  • Away Fans LH Corner of Atyeo-No empty Blocks for segregation
  • Possibility of Beer being taken to seats like at rugby games talk of football has moved on from 30 years ago!
  • AG will not change ownership from existing status Bristol rugby to be renting
  • No blue seats for Rugby Club (Perhaps They can change to Red-Worked For Cardiff)
  • Income To Increase To £20mpa from £11.2mpa
  • Dolman may be entered from back

Staged Demolition (Assuming We Go Ahead)

Minimum Capacity During any stage of redevelopment 16,100

1.EE First 2014-Down & Up 12 months

2.Dolman 2015/16 Redeveloped (Lay Deso Pitch at time to suit)

3.Williams Down & Up 15 Months

4.Atyeo Last 2016 Redeveloped

Two key instructions To Architects

1.Acoustics design roofs to "trap noise"

2.Fans "On top of pitch"

I'd like to keep the crest also, but I wouldn't mind the robin crest on the away and the crest of the home.

Thanks for that Cider Head, has certainly allayed a few of the worries I had about the AG redevelopment - namely that the rugby club will be tenants and not part owners, plus the possibility to increase to 31k in the future if necessary.

Overall I still think AV is the preferred option , but AG isn't a bad backup to have.

I'd like to keep the crest also, but I wouldn't mind the robin crest on the away and the crest of the home.

I am a big supporter of the robin but i did say to the chap doing the robin back talk that one design needs to be made that leads the ''robin back'' campaign vs the crest as at the moment when it is said ''bring back the robin'' people could think which one? there are many good designs out there but needs to be broken down to one design, who knows some one might come up with a decent design that turns the crest supporters head.

This was taken on board by the lad who did a decent talk about the robin so if there are any people out there with ideas get posting them

Martin Griffiths and Jon lansdown appear to be more open to listen to every fans needs than say colin sextone would have done and Martin did mention the boxes would vastly be housed in a huge new two tier williams stand

There is an offer for fans to meet up with him/club and a architect along with structural engineers to talk about internel stand design as it's open to fans to give their ideas and at the moment it is inside a blank canvas

Martin Griffiths:

On AV:

AG Planning will be judged by council in Sept If we are succesful the VG's ers will, no doubt, appeal (2 Year Process Min)

The Mayor is in favour

• Fans fully consulted and involved in deciding interior design obviously subject to planning/structural design limits.
  • Safe Standing Integral To Plan and would be open to put foward to be a pilot club
  • New Train Station
  • Possibility of Beer being taken to seats like at rugby games talk of football has moved on from 30 years ago!
  • No blue seats for Rugby Club (Perhaps They can change to Red-Worked For Cardiff)

2.Fans "On top of pitch"

Thankyou for taking the time to post that on here.

All sounds extremely encouraging to me.

Martin Griffiths:

On AV:

The Mayor is in favour

• New Train Station

2.Fans "On top of pitch"

Interesting read, thank you for that! One question...was there any mention how the capacity could be increased to 31k? I have a feeling the club will go via the re-development route too as the AV debacle could go on for too long, with the Gash already in their new souless bowl in gloucs by then! Be very interesting however what happens with the AV site. I suspect it will all end up as housing in the end.

The main thing missing from the plans is the hotel, could there be any way to build one on the old hireite site? I have walked past it thousands of times but cant visualise the size of it. I guess this could always be an add on in the future when land becomes available. This is essential to make the conference facilities appealing in my opinion.

Interesting read, thank you for that! One question...was there any mention how the capacity could be increased to 31k? I have a feeling the club will go via the re-development route too as the AV debacle could go on for too long, with the Gash already in their new souless bowl in gloucs by then! Be very interesting however what happens with the AV site. I suspect it will all end up as housing in the end.

The main thing missing from the plans is the hotel, could there be any way to build one on the old hireite site? I have walked past it thousands of times but cant visualise the size of it. I guess this could always be an add on in the future when land becomes available. This is essential to make the conference facilities appealing in my opinion.

They said if we need to increase the capacity they would try and buy up the houses at the back of the Ateyo and make the stand bigger plus fill in the corners.

The Hiresite site is needed for access to the redeveloped AG, you can clearly see that from the architects preliminary drawings.

Still can't get my head around how they are going to knock down the Williams & redevelop the Dolman at roughly the same time, must be a very quick close season rebuild of the Dolman.

BCAGFC

They said if we need to increase the capacity they would try and buy up the houses at the back of the Ateyo and make the stand bigger plus fill in the corners.

I thought this would be the only option, other than to smash the high rise flats behind the Dolman!!! This sounds great but realistically there will always be someone who refuses to sell / move.

I think if the club make the decision to redevelop they need to actively start looking to purchase any houses / space that becomes available around the stadium - starting now! This would be the sensible approach, renting any purchases until demolition is required.

I thought this would be the only option, other than to smash the high rise flats behind the Dolman!!! This sounds great but realistically there will always be someone who refuses to sell / move.

I think if the club make the decision to redevelop they need to actively start looking to purchase any houses / space that becomes available around the stadium - starting now! This would be the sensible approach, renting any purchases until demolition is required.

Or even buy houses in order to use as say accommodation for prospective loan players etc.

I would have thought buying the 5 or so houses behind the East End would then allow the East End to be made even bigger. Seeing as the East End is being rebuilt, surely they'd do the pile driving and groundwork with the intention of future expansion?

Of the 3 blocks of flats behind the Dolman, it’s only the one closest that really is a problem. Could City take it over from the council, demolish it, and re-build a better replacement block nearby? Would be a win-win situation. City get more land for re-development and the council get a better block of flats. Of course, there is the issue of how much it would cost.

Archived