IGNORED

Marv.

bearded_red

Haven't seen it posted anywhere else on here, so I thought I would let everyone know that Marv played 90 minutes for Jamaica in a surprising draw against Mexico last night.

Cracking result for Jamaica and it must have been an amazing experience for Marv playing in the Azteca, but bearing in mind the game kicked off at half past two this morning I'm not sure what state he will be in for Saturday.

Thought he was English?

I know he has family out there when my sister was a travel agent he use to send money out there

Guess its the same sort of thing as with albert

I hope he improves I've been a big defender of his but his legs looks like they have gone

I know he has family out there when my sister was a travel agent he use to send money out there

Guess its the same sort of thing as with albert

I hope he improves I've been a big defender of his but his legs looks like they have gone

Albert lived in Ghana with his grandparents until he was 9.

I'm not criticising Marv as only he knows to what extent he feels Jamaican and how much playing for Jamaica means to him, but as far as I'm aware he has spent his whole life in England?

Marvin has Jamaican parents, so qualifies through them.

Rather surprised this news wasn't on the official site as it was in the Evening Post this morning.

That's a very long flight back and I recall Steve Wigley saying when he was here that the Jamaican FA are seriously strapped for cash, so send their players home on the cheapest, so not always the quickest route.

With Skuse and Kilkenny presumably both still out on Saturday let's hope Marv gets back in reasonable time for the Forest match.

Albert lived in Ghana with his grandparents until he was 9.

I'm not criticising Marv as only he knows to what extent he feels Jamaican and how much playing for Jamaica means to him, but as far as I'm aware he has spent his whole life in England?

Aye true he was born and brought up in England but I think his family is from Jamaica not England

Bit like tommy d playing for Northern Ireland I suppose

Currently in the US and caught the match on ESPN2 last night - Marv had a surprisingly good match, although still looked like a headless chicken at times he put in some crucial last ditch tackles.

Mexico were awful, the half time stats had them 72% possession yet Jamaica had the better chances, By the end of the match the Mexican's were being booed.

Jamaica had by far the best chances, they had 2 one on ones, so they will probably be disappointed.

Some strange results in this group, there's 6 teams playing off for 2 places in the World Cup playoffs against the Oceana Group.

The 6 teams are Jamaica, Honduras, USA, Mexico, Costa Rica and Panama.

The USA were beaten by Honduras all the rest drew. So it looks like Marvin will be busy in the coming months!

Archived