IGNORED

Swansea

Barrs Court Red

plastic fans? please sum that up? our crowds are near enough the same as last season and we were in blue then? so how have we BECOME plastic? I will support my club through any changes which me and the other fans cannot change for now. And don't say you will bring the atmosphere... you have been poor at the ccs every time and its not like us city fans dont have enough to cheer about being 11 points clear. Cardiff is a special club... no drab moments. we have more dynamism within our fan base than yours and even in our 'souless stadium' we generate a better atmosphere than you lot at AG. You've been a jealous club for years now.

I have seen my club in an FA Cup and Carling Cup final. Next year I could see my club in the Premier League.

That is a hatrick I can take to the grave knowing I have seen my club compete at the top of both domestic cup competitions and HOPEFULLY the Premier League.

The soul of any club is its fans and trust me, Cardiff are known for our passion to our players and that soul can never leave.

You may beat us Championship is a funny league. But last time you beat us, 27 games on and look at the table. Win a battle perhaps, but against Cardiff you rarely win a war!

Remind you of 2003 for this.

Cardiff WERE known for their passion, you WERE a very partisan club. Fast forward to 2013 & you are nothing more than the MK Dons of the championship, your arrogance means that your views are clouded, but most clubs hate you because of the way you do things & your arrogance, The Malaysian Redbirds or whatever you are called epitomise everything that is wrong with football.

You can have your short lived success, but remember how you got there, you sold your soul to the devil, your history & ID too, that's why no one likes you & no one respects you, Swansea on the other hand have the respect of most, a beacon of integrity & class shining through the black cloud of shame that your horrible club has hanging over it. SELLOUT SCUM.

plastic fans? please sum that up? our crowds are near enough the same as last season and we were in blue then? so how have we BECOME plastic? I will support my club through any changes which me and the other fans cannot change for now. And don't say you will bring the atmosphere... you have been poor at the ccs every time and its not like us city fans dont have enough to cheer about being 11 points clear. Cardiff is a special club... no drab moments. we have more dynamism within our fan base than yours and even in our 'souless stadium' we generate a better atmosphere than you lot at AG. You've been a jealous club for years now.

I have seen my club in an FA Cup and Carling Cup final. Next year I could see my club in the Premier League.

That is a hatrick I can take to the grave knowing I have seen my club compete at the top of both domestic cup competitions and HOPEFULLY the Premier League.

The soul of any club is its fans and trust me, Cardiff are known for our passion to our players and that soul can never leave.

You may beat us Championship is a funny league. But last time you beat us, 27 games on and look at the table. Win a battle perhaps, but against Cardiff you rarely win a war!

Brilliant!

You missed out the bit about Inbreds.

Swansea are obviously welsh scum bags, but you do see the odd union flag there and thereabouts sometimes.

This whole Welsh hating thing really does get under my skin and calling them scumbags is no different than calling us all inbreds, it's childish, stupid and narrow minded.

Having a few friends in Swansea I've been up there a few times and I was really surprised by how nice the people were, I was wearing my City shirt and one lad asked me if it was a Bristol City shirt, I was a little surprised that he knew but he then went on to tell me how he thought Ashton gate wasn't very nice to visit but he did enjoy Bristol. All in all the lad was very nice as were most of the fans, I didn't get any grief for wearing my shirt at all.

All that aside, Swansea are a club we could only aspire to be like and the football that they play is fantastic to watch. I actually have a soft spot for them which is probably not a great thing to admit being a City fan living in Cardiff but nonetheless it's true. Also all this Cardiff bashing is bloody stupid too, they're the opposite end of the table to us and other than two matches a season they really are nothing to do with us right now, I can't even call them our rivals because we can't rival them right now and if they get into the Premiership and establish themselves we most likely won't have a rival at all.

I honestly wish these boards would stop thinking we're at war with the Welsh, no wonder so many can't understand modern football, the mentality of most is still set in the 80's!

Rarely win the war? Have you only been going since Sam the Sham?

Learn your history, you plastic ****.

This whole Welsh hating thing really does get under my skin and calling them scumbags is no different than calling us all inbreds, it's childish, stupid and narrow minded.

Having a few friends in Swansea I've been up there a few times and I was really surprised by how nice the people were, I was wearing my City shirt and one lad asked me if it was a Bristol City shirt, I was a little surprised that he knew but he then went on to tell me how he thought Ashton gate wasn't very nice to visit but he did enjoy Bristol. All in all the lad was very nice as were most of the fans, I didn't get any grief for wearing my shirt at all.

All that aside, Swansea are a club we could only aspire to be like and the football that they play is fantastic to watch. I actually have a soft spot for them which is probably not a great thing to admit being a City fan living in Cardiff but nonetheless it's true. Also all this Cardiff bashing is bloody stupid too, they're the opposite end of the table to us and other than two matches a season they really are nothing to do with us right now, I can't even call them our rivals because we can't rival them right now and if they get into the Premiership and establish themselves we most likely won't have a rival at all.

I honestly wish these boards would stop thinking we're at war with the Welsh, no wonder so many can't understand modern football, the mentality of most is still set in the 80's!

I can understand what you mean.

I like having rivals and don't mind trading bow shots with them. However, for some you get the feeling it runs a whole lot deeper.

Cardiff being rivals doesn't really have anything to do with national identity, more our entwined paths as clubs.

Interesting point this.

It's a fine line, and i certainly wouldn't class myself as a hooligan, but without some of this '70's/80's' mindset what you would enjoy about football? I stand in the Eastend sometimes and think what it would be like to have to just sit still in the Dolman for maybe up to 2 hours. No real needle, culture or atmosphere.

It's hard to criticise the Jacks. They play good football, are well run and currently very successful. They will almost certainly win a major trophy this season. In terms of rivalry they are way ahead of you lot for me. However, because I work in Bristol and very rarely come across any Swansea fans I can't get very upset at their success, whereas it would be a nightmare if it was you. Fortunately that doesn't look like happening in the near future :)

The worlds a funny place and this league is the craziest of the lot.

Would you honestly be surprised if we were up in the play offs next season?

I don't expect it, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Interesting point this.

It's a fine line, and i certainly wouldn't class myself as a hooligan, but without some of this '70's/80's' mindset what you would enjoy about football? I stand in the Eastend sometimes and think what it would be like to have to just sit still in the Dolman for maybe up to 2 hours. No real needle, culture or atmosphere.

That's the thing, there is a difference between banter and hatred/hoolaganism. I can call my Welsh mates a sheepshagger or tell him I banged his mum last night and he'll laugh because he knows it's banter but it goes past that on here and the Cardiff boards at times, in fact too often.

I don't get why the nationality thing has to be so bad though, I mean call a Welsh guy a sheepshagger and laugh it off, but the second people start saying "I ****ing hate the Welsh" or "Let's **** those sheepshaggers up!" it becomes far too hostile. I was born and raised in Bristol for 11 years and then spent every week going back to Bristol to see my family, I've lived in Cardiff longer than I lived in Bristol and yet Bristol will always be my home so when I go back and someone notices my Mrs is Welsh I notice the sudden change in opinion of me from many, i's like I've slept with their sister and I'm parading the fact around. The worst part of it all is it only paints this club in a bad light when we go around acting like hooligans, saying "**** the Welsh, get back in their own league".

That's the other part that gets me too, the whole "they shouldn't be in our league".... this forum paints a very strong opinion of how they value tradition and yet they think Cardiff and Swansea have no place in a League they've been in for over 90 years which is only 20 years or so less than us. Traditionally they've been a part of the League for close to a century and have as much right to be here as almost every team in the football leagues, more than some.

Had some great away days at Swansea, loved going to the Vetch, what a terrible old stadium & a dump of an area, always an "experience" getting to & from the station.

I have a soft spot for Swansea, they are a beacon of light for the smaller clubs out there. They play beautiful football & got where they are the right way, the shadow they cast over Cardiff is huge & I hope it continues to loom bigger & darker with Swansea reaching Europe soon.

Here here, couldnt agree anymore.

The Vetch, a proper horribly nice ground - they dont make them like that anymore!

That's the thing, there is a difference between banter and hatred/hoolaganism. I can call my Welsh mates a sheepshagger or tell him I banged his mum last night and he'll laugh because he knows it's banter but it goes past that on here and the Cardiff boards at times, in fact too often.

I don't get why the nationality thing has to be so bad though, I mean call a Welsh guy a sheepshagger and laugh it off, but the second people start saying "I ****ing hate the Welsh" or "Let's **** those sheepshaggers up!" it becomes far too hostile. I was born and raised in Bristol for 11 years and then spent every week going back to Bristol to see my family, I've lived in Cardiff longer than I lived in Bristol and yet Bristol will always be my home so when I go back and someone notices my Mrs is Welsh I notice the sudden change in opinion of me from many, i's like I've slept with their sister and I'm parading the fact around. The worst part of it all is it only paints this club in a bad light when we go around acting like hooligans, saying "**** the Welsh, get back in their own league".

That's the other part that gets me too, the whole "they shouldn't be in our league".... this forum paints a very strong opinion of how they value tradition and yet they think Cardiff and Swansea have no place in a League they've been in for over 90 years which is only 20 years or so less than us. Traditionally they've been a part of the League for close to a century and have as much right to be here as almost every team in the football leagues, more than some.

You spent too long in Taff land. You're starting to whinge like one.

It's idiotic when Bristolians slag off the Welsh.

The River Avon that runs through your city is derived from Afon, the Welsh word for river.

Just a bit dull.

And yes, it is equally idiotic when the Welsh slag off the English. There are legitimate political discussions to be had, and banter is one thing, but anything above that is just stupid.

Let's be quite clear; a lot of people slag off the Welsh and the Gasheads because they know they wouldn't get away with abusing Blacks and Asians. I'm not talking about banter here. I'm all in favour of that; the PC brigade is far too sensitive for my liking.

I'm taking about simple (very simple) abuse. They just need someone to hate and it doesn't really matter who.

They're the kind of people who'll use the classic "You staring at my bird or what?" tactic to start a ruck on a Saturday night down the Centre. That's if they have birds of course - some of them are so sad they have to use the less impressive "You staring at me, @@@@?".

The worlds a funny place and this league is the craziest of the lot.

Would you honestly be surprised if we were up in the play offs next season?

I don't expect it, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Well I think if we are playing in League 1 I'd be as near to expecting it as I'll ever be!

I suppose our mutual feelings towards the 'sell out' mob in Cardiff have given us a more friendly attitude towards the Jacks but, as I am sure many will remember, it certainly wasn't friendly when we played them at AG or at the Vetch!

I have nothing but admiration for them as a club nowadays and their rise has been nothing short of sensational and they did it playing lovely football.

Fair play to the Swans I say.

truly lovely to watch-went over a few seasons ago when we had caulker at the back-we defended brilliantly,louis had a stormer at right back and we won 1-0..they moved the ball so so well but couldent notch..thaught they were very good but didnt really see what was to soon come!

Archived