IGNORED

Player Ratings

SaltfordRed

Heaton 7 - Couple of quality saves but also a couple of dodgy moments.

Moloney 8 - Solid at the back, good on the ball and made some great runs forward

Cunningham 8 - Same story, we really seem to have got the fullback problem sorted.

Nyatanga 8 - Really good game, couple of moments of mis-communication early on but settled fine after that.

Fontaine 9 - Like the Fonts of old had a great game, particularly second half read the game beautiful making a number of interceptions.

Anderson 7 - Had quite a quiet game tbh but kept the ball well and did his defensive duties brilliantly.

Elliott 6 - Still think he's the weak link in our midfield, leggy and didn't win much in the air (apart from the one that mattered!)

Kelly 8 - Good game again, does the unnoticed stuff off the ball very well and looks like a real decent championship player.

Pearson 9 - Best I've seen of him in a city shirt, harried their midfield all day, won all the 50-50s and made more tackles than anyone else on the pitch.

Davies 7 - Very quiet i thought, yet still managed to score and come close with 2 free kicks. Just shows why he's such an important player, with that left foot he can provide that split-second of quality that wins games.

Stead 9 - Outstanding, MOTM for me. Terrorized their back line and was all over the place, with him on the pitch there was never a lost cause. Tired towards the end or I'd have given him a 10.

All in all a great, disciplined team performance and it's scary how much better drilled and organized the same players look under SO'D than under Mcinnes.

WE ARE STAYING UP!!

Heaton-8 Made a fantastic save, but fumbled one he should of held

Maloney-9 I thought either him or stead should of got MotM

Nyatanga-6 Made a mistake in the first half which almost led to a goal, but did what he had to do

Fontaine-8 Put in a Carey type performance today, And looked commanding when we didn't have the ball.

Cunningham-7 Defended well and made good attaking runs, doesn't run at defence with the ball though

Kelly-7 Off the ball quality, on the ball some of his passes are over hit and he needs to find his shooting boots

Elliot-7 Because he got a goal, composed but still looks off the pace

Pearson-4 Floats around and loses his man far too often, attacking he holds onto the ball too long

Anderson-6 Didnt really. get in the game but helped the defence a lot today

Davies-7 Got his goal but didn't really do much else, one chance and he put it away, just.

Stead-9 Ran his socks off, brought others into play a goal was deserved but didn't fall for him

Burns- Didn't do much when he came on but looks a real asset as he has pace and can dribble with the ball

Foster- Made 3 good tackles as soon as he came on

Heaton 7

Maloney 7

Fontaine 7

Nyatanga 7.5

Cunningham 8

Kelly 7

Elliot 6.5

Pearson 8

Anderson 7

Stead 8

Davies 7

People seem to be raving about Fontaine's performance - I actually thought he was better v Watford, and Nyatanga looked the better of the two today. Fontaine still had a decent game though.

Elliot, despite his goal, is not good enough anymore. We need a replacement in the summer, whether we go down or not.

Pearson, Stead and Cunningham never stopped working. Stead MOTM.

Heaton-8 Made a fantastic save, but fumbled one he should of held

Maloney-9 I thought either him or stead should of got MotM

Nyatanga-6 Made a mistake in the first half which almost led to a goal, but did what he had to do

Fontaine-8 Put in a Carey type performance today, And looked commanding when we didn't have the ball.

Cunningham-7 Defended well and made good attaking runs, doesn't run at defence with the ball though

Kelly-7 Off the ball quality, on the ball some of his passes are over hit and he needs to find his shooting boots

Elliot-7 Because he got a goal, composed but still looks off the pace

Pearson-4 Floats around and loses his man far too often, attacking he holds onto the ball too long

Anderson-6 Didnt really. get in the game but helped the defence a lot today

Davies-7 Got his goal but didn't really do much else, one chance and he put it away, just.

Stead-9 Ran his socks off, brought others into play a goal was deserved but didn't fall for him

Burns- Didn't do much when he came on but looks a real asset as he has pace and can dribble with the ball

Foster- Made 3 good tackles as soon as he came on

Pearson only a 4?! I'm not his greatest fan by any means but how did you get him that low?

Pearson only a 4?! I'm not his greatest fan by any means but how did you get him that low?

The amount of times he lost his man in the first half, left Cunningham marking 2. Also pulled out of a lot of headers, did well chasing them down and putting a foot in I'll bump it up to 6, I was a bit harsh I admit

Elliott probably looked off the pace after playing mid week and getting off the plane last night. Good shift considering this. I'm still not sure he is fully right after that pretty awful injury he had.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the best of him in the last few games of the season

Heaton - 7

Moloney - 8

Fonatine - 7

Nyatanga - 7

Cunningham - 7

Anderson - 8

Kelly - 7

Marv - 6

Pearson - 7

Stead - 8

Davies - 7

Burns - 4 (hard to say really as he didn't get many chances to make an impact)

Foster - 6 (Given the amount of time he had when he came on made 3 very good tackles and worked well)

Thought Anderson was great today. Maybe not so much going forward but defensively really helped out.

Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere that it looked like 3 5 2 formation up until we scored the second. Fonts playing in the middle of Lewin and Maloney and Cunningham/Anderson as wing backs. Cunningham was great in attack whereas Anderson was more concious of his defensive duties.

Don't think anyone had a bad game today.

The amount of times he lost his man in the first half, left Cunningham marking 2. Also pulled out of a lot of headers, did well chasing them down and putting a foot in I'll bump it up to 6, I was a bit harsh I admit

Sorry mate you are a fellow City fan but you have got it badly wrong giving Pearson a six, he was dominant all over the park. His best game for City since our victory at Southampton last season. He deserves at least an eight.

Cohen was pretty anonymous in the first-half from right wing and Jara didn't exactly offer a great deal

Sorry mate you are a fellow City fan but you have got it badly wrong giving Pearson a six, he was dominant all over the park. His best game for City since our victory at Southampton last season. He deserves at least an eight.

After a slow start he managed to close them down really well. Probably realizes he needs to work hard if he wants a new contract.

Archived