IGNORED

The Thing I Liked Most Today (Apart From The Goals)

Rob k

Quite right it was Cunningham, I've called him Maloney 3 times so far today.

You are forgiven.

In the current 1st team we do have a lot of players with short dark hair and if you are well up in the stands it can be difficult to tell them apart. Especially as - being fit pro players, they all have similar physique.

I guess that was (one of the reasons) why Robbie Savage always got loads of stick when playing at AG.

With his long blond hair, no chance of mistaking him for another player.

You are forgiven.

In the current 1st team we do have a lot of players with short dark hair and if you are well up in the stands it can be difficult to tell them apart. Especially as - being fit pro players, they all have similar physique.

I guess that was (one of the reasons) why Robbie Savage always got loads of stick when playing at AG.

Apart from woolford :laugh:

You are forgiven.

If only they had some sort of marking on their shirt so we could tell the difference or maybe even 2 for those who can't read!?

Best song of the day was early in the game by the Forest fans. " We want our Dizzy back"

Dizzy?

Did someone turn down the volume control on the Forest fans today? They seemed to make a lot of noise before ko when Billy Davis came out to milk his applause but I never heard them after that from my seat in the Dolman. Watford made more noise!

In contrast I had two favourite bits:

The last 2 minutes when Foster and Moloney put in crunching tackle after tackle in front of the Dolman and each one was cheered like a goal.

Secondly when my father in law lost his rag and piped up and shouted "come on guediora" amidst a packed F block of the Dolman and no one had anything bad to say to him upon realising he was a Florist. The 2 hour car ride home was a good one!

Did anyone else notice sod looking up towards the directors box in the last few minutes? He was clearly looking for someone in particular because he did it 2 or 3 times just before the final whistle.

I'd like to think it was his way of letting the forest chairman know he's let a good'un slip through his fingers. If it was he did it in a very composed and professional way. No over celebrating of goals or at the final whistle either. Nice touch Sean.

Did anyone else notice sod looking up towards the directors box in the last few minutes? He was clearly looking for someone in particular because he did it 2 or 3 times just before the final whistle.

I'd like to think it was his way of letting the forest chairman know he's let a good'un slip through his fingers. If it was he did it in a very composed and professional way. No over celebrating of goals or at the final whistle either. Nice touch Sean.

I didn't see but apparently said something along the lines of...

"Forest have brilliant fans and players, all the need now are brilliant owners."

Class.

He had every reason to do that.

We met several Forest fans in our pre-match pub who were well gutted that he was sacked. General view - our loss is your gain.

At the time he was fired they had just beaten Leeds 4 -2 (Boxing Day I think) and they were one point off the play-offs !! That's failure then ?

They have Kuwaiti owners who don't know anything about the game and just think that loads of money gets them into the Prem.

As for sacking McLeish after about one month, those same fans did not rate him much but were very unhappy about the uncertainty around the club, although they thought that the returning Billy Davies could do a good job for them.

BTW - I might have missed it, but can't see anywhere else on here a reference to the fact that this is the first time we have beaten Forest at home since 1974.

That was (just) before I started following City.

You are forgiven.

No not one of the reasons.

The ONLY reason for stick was he was a ****!

He had every reason to do that.

We met several Forest fans in our pre-match pub who were well gutted that he was sacked. General view - our loss is your gain.

At the time he was fired they had just beaten Leeds 4 -2 (Boxing Day I think) and they were one point off the play-offs !! That's failure then ?

They have Kuwaiti owners who don't know anything about the game and just think that loads of money gets them into the Prem.

As for sacking McLeish after about one month, those same fans did not rate him much but were very unhappy about the uncertainty around the club, although they thought that the returning Billy Davies could do a good job for them.

BTW - I might have missed it, but can't see anywhere else on here a reference to the fact that this is the first time we have beaten Forest at home since 1974.

That was (just) before I started following City.

I was at that game in '74, standing in the Enclosure (the terracing in front of the Williams). Cheesley scored the winner. It was a long wait!

I wouldnt read to much into driscoll looking up as docherty use to do it all the time.

As for Cunningham picking up a booking he has to be careful has hes had3-4 yellows in last 5games and driscoll needs to have a word about thoose from behind challenges he keeps doing.

I think he should keep doing what he is doing. Most of the season we have been letting players run through us. Better to stop this happening and take the odd suspension here and there rather, than going back to old habits, and being all nice and giving the opposition the easy life.

Keep it up lads, just caution when in your own box.

a suspended cunningham is alot of use

Unlike conceding 3 or 4 a game because we are too nice.

Yes I would take a 1 game suspension over tackles going in every time. I guess you haven't noticed what has been going on this season, the endless deep runs that could have been stopped a source rather than ending up in our net!

Archived