IGNORED

Sod For England

Colombo Robin

Well maybe not but he gave an absolute masterclass on how to handle the media this weekend.

"People asked me if I wanted to win more because we were playing Forest and I didn't understand the question. How could I want to win more than usual? If that was the case I must have been approaching other games the wrong way."

He has a huge advantage in being intelligent, a quality not shared by many sports journalists.

I could listen to SOD all day long everytime I see a new interview on Player I sign in straight away to watch it, whereas I wouldn't bother when Millen or Del boy was here. With Sean you get no cliches, and he's a very deep thoughtful man and you can't help but lap up his every word because he speaks so much sense.

Love the Well Red notes being published on the OS too, they're a joy to read, as Havantopia said the Pre-Forest ones were fantastic, I urge anyone who hasn't read them yet to do so, they make for great reading and gives you a good insight on everything!

I like that he explained the tactics for the Watford game as obviously a lot of fans are tactically clueless and spent the whole game moaning at our players for not closing down the Watford players. In the notes he explained why we didn't do that and how it stopped Watford from doing what they have been doing most weeks in playing their opposition off the park. Very intelligent man.

I like that he explained the tactics for the Watford game as obviously a lot of fans are tactically clueless and spent the whole game moaning at our players for not closing down the Watford players. In the notes he explained why we didn't do that and how it stopped Watford from doing what they have been doing most weeks in playing their opposition off the park. Very intelligent man.

Bloke behind me in EE was ranting on about that, I bottled out of trying to explain as he was practically frothing at the mouth. Bit quiter 2nd half though.

Not sure if mentioned on another thread but wanted to just say Sean O'Driscoll's Well Red notes pre Forest were superb.

Very well written Gaffer.

I thought the programme on the whole was very well written this week. I don't normally take time to read through the various 'Columns' but Sean O'Driscoll seems to have raised the bar in terms of the literature we are presented with on a matchday.

I had stopped buying a programme as any input did resort in a standard

- how the last games went since previous notes

- we were unlucky/we worked hard

- we have our own targets

- things are going on behind the scenes

None of it seemed definite, whereas SoD's analogies, style and language make for a much more interesting read.

I could listen to SOD all day long everytime I see a new interview on Player I sign in straight away to watch it, whereas I wouldn't bother when Millen or Del boy was here. With Sean you get no cliches, and he's a very deep thoughtful man and you can't help but lap up his every word because he speaks so much sense.

Love the Well Red notes being published on the OS too, they're a joy to read, as Havantopia said the Pre-Forest ones were fantastic, I urge anyone who hasn't read them yet to do so, they make for great reading and gives you a good insight on everything!

reckon Roy Hodgeson could do well to take a leaf out of SOD book of interview technique-second thaughts,dont do it,Roy,like to listen to you just as you are!

Archived