IGNORED

Cardiff Thread About Something To Do With Cardiff

Roger Red Hat

Cardiff is the closest European capital to London

Cardiff has a population of 346,000 and attracts more than 18 million visitors a year

1.4 million city-region population.

Cardiff was described as the “epitome of cool” by renowned travel guide, Lonely Planet

Cardiff is one of the flattest cities in Britain and has more hours of sunlight than Milan

The world’s first £1million cheque was signed in Cardiff’s coal exchange

Cardiff is made to look like a terrible place to live by the melting pot of modern culture and historical significance that is the city of Bristol.

Cardiff has not been lost in the times like Bristol. Cardiff has world class sporting facilities and has been the host to major sporting events as well as the Supercup in 2014. Cardiff is a growin city, and this is replicated in its football team who are impressing the country the season.

Wales impressed by Cardiff City, after being more impressed by Swansea City.

Cardiff is the closest European capital to London

Cardiff has a population of 346,000 and attracts more than 18 million visitors a year

1.4 million city-region population.

Cardiff was described as the “epitome of cool” by renowned travel guide, Lonely Planet

Cardiff is one of the flattest cities in Britain and has more hours of sunlight than Milan

The world’s first £1million cheque was signed in Cardiff’s coal exchange

Cardiff is made to look like a terrible place to live by the melting pot of modern culture and historical significance that is the city of Bristol.

You forgot the 2.5 million woolly friends locked up in your back gardens, without them you would all be virgins. :icecream:

BCAGFC

Cardiff has not been lost in the times like Bristol. Cardiff has world class sporting facilities and has been the host to major sporting events as well as the Supercup in 2014. Cardiff is a growin city, and this is replicated in its football team who are impressing the country the season.

Modern times are embarassing. Money, money, money. ZZZzzzz

... new inhabitants could soon be mooring on the island of Flat Holm after Cardiff council unveiled plans to sell it as part of wide-ranging cuts....

Hmm, just a thought... In advent of 'plans A & B' falling through, could Flat Holm become a viable 'plan C' as a new stadium location? ... very few nimbys to worry about there!... Would also be helping out our good friends in the Welsh capital too :)

Has the country been impressed with how you embraced your new Malaysian 'heritage'? Or is it the nasi goreng now served in place of pies at half time? Do you all have to stand when they display an image of the king before kick off?... Sorry, that's Thailand but it's hard to keep up with you guys

I have to say, I'm always impressed with The Millenium Stadium though it does stick in the throat somewhat to think about how much centralised tax payer money went into it. Actually, that goes for your little stadium too. And your devolved government. In fact, us English tax payers have contributed so much to your city's prosperity that we should really all be celebrating. WELL DONE US

... new inhabitants could soon be mooring on the island of Flat Holm after Cardiff council unveiled plans to sell it as part of wide-ranging cuts....

Hmm, just a thought... In advent of 'plans A & B' falling through, could Flat Holm become a viable 'plan C' as a new stadium location? ... very few nimbys to worry about there!... Would also be helping out our good friends in the Welsh capital too :)

Flat Holm has more seagulls than rovers average home attendance.

http://www.whateversleft.co.uk/military/the-forts-flat-holm-island

On a plus note it's been heavily fortified twice previous. It could be a good strategic location to blow up the Seven Bridges from?

Cardiff is an ancient European city. It acquired city status in 1905. Bruce Forsyth had not even been born at that point. It is that old.

It became the capital city of Wales in ancient times too: 1955 to be exact. Brucie was only 27 at that time. Shirley Bassey was 18.

Good old Shirley. Thanks, Cardiff.

Cardiff is an ancient European city. It acquired city status in 1905. Bruce Forsyth had not even been born at that point. It is that old.

It became the capital city of Wales in ancient times too: 1955 to be exact. Brucie was only 27 at that time. Shirley Bassey was 18.

Good old Shirley. Thanks, Cardiff.

Or was it an important Roman settlement?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiff_Roman_Fort

I was at Uni there and so was my wife (although not at the same time) - brilliant place! Back then, Bristol shut on the dot of 10:30 - Cardiff never closed :banana:

Best day ever was at Ninian Park where I had a pint on with my mate Gareth that City would win and that John Atyeo would score. Ten minutes to go, he asks if I want to double. I do. Big John scores the winner in the last minute and I sup four free pints of cider :bounce:

Those days, Cardiff was ten years behind Bristol, now it's ten years ahead - thank you, Toytown Councils :grr: One day we'll send in the tanks and annexe those bits of Bristol occupied by N Soms. and S. Glos :city:

BTW what happened to the 'drinks' smiley?

Archived