IGNORED

Is The Pope A Catholic?

myol'man

I think it's a good precedent for him to set. Shorter terms of office for bishops and popes will lead to less clericalism and centralisation. His visit to the U.K. dispeled a lot of myths about the man and about the Church and showed him in a new light. I wish him well and more importantly his successor who has the task of renewing the church as a remarkable force for good in the world.

I never knew a Pope could resign, thought it was such a great honour you did it until you died and then became a saint. I remember one only lasting a couple of weeks (good old Wiki, it was 33 days). There must be scandal somewhere, of course there is throughout the church. The power religion holds is frightening.

The Pope is just religious royality, the job needs to be redefined and modernised. Just don't give it to a woman, Nuns are seriously scarey creatures!!!

Oh and I'm already sick of hearing about it on every news programme.

Yay we have a new king paedo, another out of touch geriatric and to make him even more likeable he's Argentinian too. Was he an ex SS member in hiding one wonders?

Anyway, perhaps now we can stop giving religious nutters all this airtime and let them slide back into irrelevance.

Archived