IGNORED

Game Footage On Player

pigeon

Does anyone know the reason as to why the highlights/extended highlights are in such poor quality?

Really annoys me as I manage to get the football league show (I imagine using the same camera) in HD but when the extended highlights come online they are incredibly poor. Is this our fault or player?

Considering I can upload a HD video from my phone I simply cannot understand the reason for such poor video quality! Especially as i pay for the pleasure of watching the blurry dots!

The away games seem to be OK, quality home highlights are dreadful, only happened this season though.

Yeh, some away games are better but none are great. I don't understand why they can't upload the highlights in HD like most videos on youtube are though.

The most recent ones (Extended highlights of the forest game) are the worst I have ever seen, its embarrassing! I couldn't even put it on full screen as I simply wouldn't have been able to see the ball.

Yeh, some away games are better but none are great. I don't understand why they can't upload the highlights in HD like most videos on youtube are though.

The most recent ones (Extended highlights of the forest game) are the worst I have ever seen, its embarrassing! I couldn't even put it on full screen as I simply wouldn't have been able to see the ball.

Even if you put it on full it's still only basically half screen with the footage sandwiched between black horizontal strips. Well, it is on mine anyway !

Well if everyone complains about it they might actually do something... I already have.

It must just be laziness as they must have the equipment to do it.

I've complained about this very issue a couple of times now, had a few emails back and forth but eventually they just stop replying - hence why I have cancelled the subscription. Very annoying.

Just to add, this is the reply I received from Player:

"Thank you for your email.
We incorporate high quality adaptive streaming when available, so will always provide you with the best quality video available on your internet connection.
However, the HD quality videos not available on the site and we will try to make sure it will be in the future.
Wherever adaptive streaming is not available, the player will show you three options for video quality - LOW, MEDIUM and HIGH."
I have always played the videos in 'HIGH' and I can't notice any difference so a pretty appalling reply overall. Very frustrating that it seems like there is no other option than paying for a substandard provider.

I think there are three setting for video playback on Player, there's the lowest setting called " that'll do", the mid range setting called " we'll we got your money, you can email us and pray", then there's the highest setting called " we got your money if you don't like it, tough".

I don't blame the club I blame the people who run the site.

Just to add, this is the reply I received from Player:

"Thank you for your email.
We incorporate high quality adaptive streaming when available, so will always provide you with the best quality video available on your internet connection.
However, the HD quality videos not available on the site and we will try to make sure it will be in the future.
Wherever adaptive streaming is not available, the player will show you three options for video quality - LOW, MEDIUM and HIGH."
I have always played the videos in 'HIGH' and I can't notice any difference so a pretty appalling reply overall. Very frustrating that it seems like there is no other option than paying for a substandard provider.

I had the same reply,

Comes across as a fob off, the Low, Medium, High is total rubbish, its the same which ever you choose, have pointed this oput and asked for a answer as to the "make sure it will be in the future" bit

Archived