IGNORED

Forest Green Rovers

Harry

Excuse my ignorance, but where is "Forest Green", are they a City fans' second club or more like the Gas', and what colours do they wear?

Always keep an eye out for them as a local team (well, local to City) but know little about them

Forest Green sits upon a hill overlooking a small village in Gloucestershire, called Nailsworth. It's just outside of Stroud, which is about 15 miles south of Gloucester

Check out the website, a very progressive club - and as you see above, some cracking young players. Punching well above their weight right now, but have an incredibly rich, ambitious (slightly odd) owner http://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/

Been there a couple of times for pre season friendlies (see GJ pic. below) and once since then to support them when they were in a bit of a crisis.

Always enjoyed our visits - I never buy food at AG but at FGR I was tempted by the Shepperd's Pie one time and Lasagna the second in the club bar, plus chips at half time, and it was all good stuff. Not been since the veggie policy was introduced though, that would put me off the food - except for the chips of course.

Anyway they're a good little club - shame about the Rovers bit - not that many supporters but they're passionate about their club and very welcoming.

Hope they continue to thrive, it's quite a scenic drive to get there and I'd watch them again if City aren't playing.

Been there a couple of times for pre season friendlies (see GJ pic. below) and once since then to support them when they were in a bit of a crisis.

Always enjoyed our visits - I never buy food at AG but at FGR I was tempted by the Shepperd's Pie one time and Lasagna the second in the club bar, plus chips at half time, and it was all good stuff. Not been since the veggie policy was introduced though, that would put me off the food - except for the chips of course.

Anyway they're a good little club - shame about the Rovers bit - not that many supporters but they're passionate about their club and very welcoming.

Hope they continue to thrive, it's quite a scenic drive to get there and I'd watch them again if City aren't playing.

Don't let the veggie thing put you off - the best cottage pie I ever tasted was a veggie one - and it was guaranteed horse-free ;)

I'm a carnivore myself (Horace is an insectivore), but good veggie food is good stuff.

Archived