IGNORED

Brian Howard

Oops

Influential...?

Brian..?

Number 11..?

Nope give up cannot think of anyone that fits these 3 labels...?

Give us a clue..?

Here's a few cryptic ones for ya.

He was sometimes called a shit-head.

He was often seen donning a red and white hat.

He spent much of his playing career at Bristol City.

The majority verdict on his personality was that he was a rather nice chap.

He had a strong dislike of Bristol Rovers

In fact, occasionally wishingdeath upon them.

Such was the level of loathing some claim that if he saw a gas head he may well aim his majestic left peg at their head.

Hope that helped!

Here's a few cryptic ones for ya.

He was sometimes called a shit-head.

He was often seen donning a red and white hat.

He spent much of his playing career at Bristol City.

The majority verdict on his personality was that he was a rather nice chap.

He had a strong dislike of Bristol Rovers

In fact, occasionally wishingdeath upon them.

Such was the level of loathing some claim that if he saw a gas head he may well aim his majestic left peg at their head.

Hope that helped!

Was loved for having a magic left peg and was City all the way through and was made of an alloy mentioned in the Wizard of Oz.

Good bit of business for us. Short term deal, no risks and bags of experience!

I will be very interested to see how SoD uses him! Just another example of how SoD is doing things the right way. Patient and clever, rather than being rash and making massive changes and chucking money we don't have at it!

Excited by this signing... Has been in a relegation battle before and has a calm head who has captain experience. This is footage of him playing this season, I know its league one but shows the sort of player he is, a deep lying midfielder who looks to control the team and create moves forward. Could be the midfielder we've needed.

Also, has the skill to get himself space when needed as shown a couple of times in that video.

i think we can forget about his management skills, he was a great player for us and should be remembered for that. he was offered the managers job and took it, no experience and not good enough, hardly surprising.

Agreed. Whenever I remember Tins it's as a player.

Portsmouth fans & Sheffield utd fans slagging him off on forums, but he must have had something to be captain at so many clubs -7 yellow cards already this season so puts himself about a bit. Question marks also over his drinking habits but I remember him as a really good player at Barnsley. As bove we have little to lose on a short term contract and gives depth to the squad. If anyone can bring the best out of him SOD can!

Good signing in my opinion.

He was quite honest about his Portsmouth time saying negative things were happening on a daily basis which affected everyone and that he was promised things which didn't materialise. He said he knew they would be relegated with players leaving and especially with the 10 point deduction to come and he had to get out, so I can understand Pompey fans being pissed off with him if he made that clear in words or actions.

He's much better than a soon to be division 4 club (or worse), whether he's still good enough for the championship we're about to find out but I would say he adds a bit of depth to the squad and giving him a contract to the end of the season keeps him keen.

I don't think they will be a league two club I think they will fold

He gave a clue about tomorrow when he said it would be difficult for SOD to change a winning side, also said that he wanted to be playing Championship football at City next year, so looking to prove he is worth another deal at the end of the year.

Well, he said "I want to play Championship football next year, hopefully with Bristol City." Hence the contract only being till the end of the season.

He is here to try and get back into the Championship and i'm sure he'd like to stay with us should we stay up, but, if we go down he is certainly not staying with us.

Never let it be said that you don't hold a grudge richie!

Ah that explains it. There's some history. What possible reason would there be for any grudge with Tinman? Yes poor managerial reign but think everything that went before that excuses it. In fact a lesson there for any club favourite who dips their toe in to management- they risk ruining their reputation.

Sounds like Howard may well start against Palace, I wouldn't be surpised at all to see Howard in a five man midfield tomorrow something like

Adomah Kelly Howard Kilkenny Pearson

I Can't choose which striker up top by himself but maybe Stead edge it due to it being away and his ability to put himself about a bit more then Davies.

Sounds like Howard may well start against Palace, I wouldn't be surpised at all to see Howard in a five man midfield tomorrow something like

Adomah Kelly Howard Kilkenny Pearson

I Can't choose which striker up top by himself but maybe Stead edge it due to it being away and his ability to put himself about a bit more then Davies.

Maybe we are just going all out attack, we have to win one of these away games so we may as well take the fight to them.

Archived