IGNORED

Team For Cardiff City

healey robins

I'd go with:

.............................Heaton

Maloney.......Tangs.....Fontaine......Cunningham

Albert......Kelly.....Elliot.....Pearson......Anderson

............................Stead

As Nyatanga had a good game, it's only fair he keeps his place. As for Davies missing out, I think Stead would give them more of a hard time. His scoring record against Cardiff is also very good!

I'd go with:

.............................Heaton

Maloney.......Tangs.....Fontaine......Cunningham

Albert......Kelly.....Elliot.....Pearson......Anderson

............................Stead

As Nyatanga had a good game, it's only fair he keeps his place. As for Davies missing out, I think Stead would give them more of a hard time. His scoring record against Cardiff is also very good!

Agree with that mate

.............................Heaton..........................
Maloney.......Tangs.....Fontaine......Cunningham..
Albert...............Kelly.....Elliot...........Pearson....
..................Anderson.......................................
.....................................Stead/Davies..........................

Can see it being something like that. Difficult to predict the front pairing/attackers.

Baldock is injured and robin, you forgot adomah! It will be same team as last game but adomah will replace Pearson so it will be:

.......................Heaton..................,,.,

Moloney...tangs......fonts....Cunningham

Adomah....Kelly......Elliot.....Anderson

................stead......Davies.................

Bench:

Pearson

Burns

Wilson

Howard

Reid

Foster

Gerken

Shame about Carey's absence but with Albert back, Skuse and Kilkenny back in training, Howard a likely new signing and Baldock not yet ruled out we do have a stronger look about us than we did last week.

However the standard of opposition is higher, we haven't scored in our last couple away (losing both) so we'll need all we can muster to get something tomorrow, I think.

Really tricky decision imo. Albert has to play imo, but who to drop?

Not Anderson, he's been very good recently. One possibility is one of Stead/Davies, but you can't really drop Stead after last week, and Stead up top on his own seems a little negative, with a slight lack of goal threat. But to drop one of Kelly/Pearson/Elliott might leave us leaving a little short in the middle, especially with Albert and Anderson on the flanks.

I think I'd probably leave Davies on the bench, pack the middle with the three mentioned above, and go with Albert / Anderson flanking Stead, but it's not easy!

Shame about Carey's absence but with Albert back, Skuse and Kilkenny back in training, Howard a likely new signing and Baldock not yet ruled out we do have a stronger look about us than we did last week.

However the standard of opposition is higher, we haven't scored in our last couple away (losing both) so we'll need all we can muster to get something tomorrow, I think.

Yep, for once, in the midfield / attacking positions at least, there's seemingly a few decent options.

Not sure about that.

I think he meant that he didn't want to second guess the manager and that he understood if he wasn't selected due to having a winning team. But maybe you're right and he's dropped a clanger which hasn't been edited....

After del's tinkering for every game it would be nice to get a settled side. Although it will be hard to leave Albert out.

.............................Heaton..........................

Maloney.......Tangs.....Fontaine......Cunningham..

Albert...............Kelly.....Elliot...........Pearson....

..................Anderson.......................................

.....................................Stead/Davies..........................

Can see it being something like that. Difficult to predict the front pairing/attackers.

Yeah id be happy with that... 12 vs 11 would give us the edge after all

If Skuse is fit

.....................................Heaton

Moloney.........Fonatine.............Nyatanga........Cunningham

......................................Skuse

Anderson............Kelly................Elliott....................Pearson

......................................Stead

Subs: Gerken, J.Wilson, Foster, Howard, Kilkenny, Albert, Davies

Fear if we go for a straight up 442 we will let in a few, Cardiff haven't been the most prolific at home, so chuck in a holding midfielder gives us a good chance of shutting them out better. It's not as if Skuse isn't capable of getting forward at times either.

Archived