IGNORED

Glorified Bubble

Libertine Dream

Told the police in the car park that we were parked in Canton and they let us slip out the back of the stadium with other city fans. It was only the train lot they seemed to have a problem with and i honestly cant blame them from what i have heard today.

Told the police in the car park that we were parked in Canton and they let us slip out the back of the stadium with other city fans. It was only the train lot they seemed to have a problem with and i honestly cant blame them from what i have heard today.

Back to the bubble next time we play Cardiff - whenever that is :(

No real disorder though was there? A table got smashed in a pub, and a few people whacked with batons.

Your making it out like its world war 3, also all the information you gave before the game was complete rubbish

Yes, it was total rowlocks, as anyone with two brain cells to rub together would have realised. It was a total wind-up. I think the word Whoosh! applies here.

And I'm not making out anything, let alone WW3 - but the Heddlu, the BEP and the South Wales Echo will, and the bubble will be back.

Care to have a small wager on it?

Yes, it was total rowlocks, as anyone with two brain cells to rub together would have realised. It was a total wind-up. I think the word Whoosh! applies here.

And I'm not making out anything, let alone WW3 - but the Heddlu, the BEP and the South Wales Echo will, and the bubble will be back.

Care to have a small wager on it?

Ok, £10 to charity?

There is simply no valid legal grounds for the typical OTT policing we were predictably made to suffer yesterday!

The only reason they are able to get away with it is:

• the majority of law-abiding supporters are prepared (it seems) to tolerate such infringement on their rights; and
  • no one who has sufficient cash to burn to fight the police through the courts ever finds themselves in sympathy with football supporters.

The basis for the action (although none of the officers on duty yesterday seemed to be aware of it) is that the police are entitled to prevent free movement of individuals who they have good reason to suspect are intent on committing a crime and/or causing a serious breach of the peace. The simple fact that no more than a small minority had that intent (by any rational analysis) means that the police are wrong to rely on legal rights established to control protests and/or flying pickets where the entire crowd can be legitimately assumed to have similar intent.

The vast majority of the crowd at the end of a sporting occasion simply wish to travel home or to somewhere else with minimum fuss and bother. This being the case the police action was once again wholly disproportionate to the perceived threat and therefore plainly unlawful.

It was another sad illustration of how the police have long forgotten (if they ever knew) that in a democracy they owe a primary duty to the public (attendees as well as residents) - it is simply not their role to apply draconian controls on the innocent in their misguided attempts to control.

For reasons I simply cannot fathom, the police seem unable to understand that alienating the generally law-abiding majority inevitably leads to a breakdown in order - no civilised society can survive if respect for law depends entirely on police enforcement.

Archived