IGNORED

Question To Our Visitors From Cardiff

italian dave

It's good to see some sensible debate from some more reasonable posters from across the bridge this morning - bit better than the "We've got worse fans than you" of yesterday.

I've got a question for you - well, two actually - both around the 'sell out' to Malaysia thing.

Firstly, do other teams fans make as much of it as we do? It's quite right that, as rivals, we should be making the most of it, and gloating at every opportunity! But, at the end of the day you're not the only club that's sold out to foreign owners. We played watford and Forest last two home games, Granted they haven't changed colours etc, but we didn't take the same delight in reminding them, and I'm interested whether other teams see Cardiff as having gone further than Watford, Forest, Man City etc etc.

Secondly, most of the posters from Cardiff are saying that they are as disgusted as we are by it, and certainly I could see lots applauding the song being directed at the Malaysain flag. There's obvioulsy a lot of unhappy CCFC fans. But, going back a couple of years, when I was at a bubble game when we had 200 fans not 2000, I seem to recall Mr Tan (is that his name?) being introduced to you all before the game. At that time he was given a heros welcome. He was the knight in shining armour coming to rescue you from oblivion. Serioulsy, you had been well and truly fkd by British owners (lets not get into the Welsh/English debate here!) including Mr Ridsdale, and Mr Tan was what was going to save you.

Would you rather be playing in red and celebrating the chinese new year at half time, or would you rather be where Portsmouth are - and even where they might be at the end of the season? Because, realistically, that's where you were heading fast.

Interested to hear your views.

I totally agree with you here, we made the most of the flag while we were there but in my opinion they have done right getting owners in like that! Just look at them now on the verge of Premier league football! I think Cardiff have done right getting in owners from over seas!

I'm not sure if you're being ironic or not :s

top flight football, or however you measure success, should never come at the cost of a football clubs heritage. Maybe I'm naturally unambitious when it comes to football, but i would far rather support a team that doesn't whore itself like some red light skank. If that means watching city struggling in the nether regions of the league, so be it.

I'm not sure if you're being ironic or not :s

top flight football, or however you measure success, should never come at the cost of a football clubs heritage. Maybe I'm naturally unambitious when it comes to football, but i would far rather support a team that doesn't whore itself like some red light skank. If that means watching city struggling in the nether regions of the league, so be it.

I'm with you. I'd rather we were in the conference than the prem if it meant the club stopped selling out.

The club is there for the fans. It is about the fans nothing else. Throughout a clubs history, only one thing stays the same, that is the fans. If all fans agree to a sell out, fair enough. But if there are just a few dissenting voices that is enough to say no for me.

I just think it wouldn't mean as much to me?

Cardiff have bought their way into the prem effectively, there is simply no dignity in it at all. I have always said I would rather we get there the hard way in 10 years than the easy way in 1, it would just mean so much more to me because we'll have worked incredibly hard to get there.

Just my opinion, i'm sure others are different but what teams like Watford and Cardiff have done is cheated, no two ways about it. It may not actually be breaking any rules at the moment, but it is still not the way you are supposed to get promoted.

Cardiff have been knocking on the door of the prem for the last 3 to 4 years and its been along time coming and i think they deserve to go up in my opinion. They have not brought there way in because they have worked as a team to get there and this season it proves. They played outstanding yesterday and proves they have gelled as a team to do well in the season

I just think it wouldn't mean as much to me?

Cardiff have bought their way into the prem effectively, there is simply no dignity in it at all. I have always said I would rather we get there the hard way in 10 years than the easy way in 1, it would just mean so much more to me because we'll have worked incredibly hard to get there.

Just my opinion, i'm sure others are different but what teams like Watford and Cardiff have done is cheated, no two ways about it. It may not actually be breaking any rules at the moment, but it is still not the way you are supposed to get promoted.

Thing is we have kind of done the same. We handed SL the keys to the house. 41 million reasons would say we have tried to buy our way to the promised land.

But at least we haven't gone down the complete rebrand route.

Most teams spend to get there, there are a few notable exceptions

I totally agree with you here, we made the most of the flag while we were there but in my opinion they have done right getting owners in like that! Just look at them now on the verge of Premier league football! I think Cardiff have done right getting in owners from over seas!

I think I just barfed in my mouth.

I think I just barfed in my mouth.

I think harry has just summed up the.... I want everything now attitude that the young have in this country now.

No value in earning things anymore. Want now throw away later culture is rampant in this country. It is sickening

If every 92 football clubs all had foreign owners who pumped millions in, you'd still only have 19 premier places available (or however many teams there are).

Throwing money at football clubs and attempting to get in the premier league isn't all football is about. This is why I don't want to go to all these football grounds in the middle of nowhere next to a main A road or motorway with no sense of history or local identity, it's becoming too bland.

Thing is we have kind of done the same. We handed SL the keys to the house. 41 million reasons would say we have tried to buy our way to the promised land.

But at least we haven't gone down the complete rebrand route.

Most teams spend to get there, there are a few notable exceptions

Well he has and he hasn't... There aren't many clubs at this level that don't have a rich owner. But in regards to SL, he hasn't ever splashed out as much cash as Cardiff has and I wouldn't want him to. I'd love to see their wage bill compared to ours, even in the past years I don't think we'd be anywhere near their current wage bill, not to mention transfer budget.

The teams that have done well the honest way, always seem to have good academy's. That is why I think we've started to put so much more into our youth program over the last year or so.

I think harry has just summed up the.... I want everything now attitude that the young have in this country now.

No value in earning things anymore. Want now throw away later culture is rampant in this country. It is sickening

Talk about stereotyping... I am 22 and am far from a 'i want it now' type of person, as my last post would prove.

Talk about stereotyping... I am 22 and am far from a 'i want it now' type of person, as my last post would prove.

I didn't say all. I tried to teflon coat myself there. I failed :)

I was trying to get across the point of the quick buck chuck away culture that has appeared over the past 15 years. This has now been passed on to football. Everything must be now. It is why football finances are in the way they are now.

yeah thats what im doing forgot haha silly me....... NO! we were asked questions on what we think ive gave my opinion on it and if you dont like it the just walk on and have your own okay! Dont like it then dont even comment about it! Sums it up really about what people think about a true opinion these days

Ah that was aimed at me. Sorry didn't have a clue, you didn't quote me.

It wasn't a dig at you, it was a dig a today's society. It was what you said, I have no idea what you are like in your own life. But the quick solution to getting up I.e. get a massive injection of foreign cash, which you seem to be condoning, which is fair enough, does not stick right with me. I was always bought up to go out and earn your right to compete in what ever I did in life. Not when I am not quite good enough, go and get someone to bail me out.

There seems little value to money nowadays as it is so easy to get on credit.

Like I said it was not supposed to be a direct dig at you. But at society as a whole nowadays.

So I apologise if it came across that way.

Difficult where I am in the ground to hear the away chanting clearly even yesterday, the noise doesn't travel from one end to the other at all well. I'm sure some away fans have had a song or two to sing but then the away end is usually half empty at best anyway.

For me Tan has rescued the club, we can speculate where we would be without his money a couple of years back but there is a real possibility the club wouldn't be running. The financial problems of the past are nothing to do with Tan, years of mismanagement before he had ever even heard of us are what is to really blame. Rightly or wrongly the rebrand was seen as many as red or dead, Tan wanted red and the financial position of the club made getting his decision through that bit easier. Not that fans have any real say in these matters anyway, you can stop going if you so desire, but then you don't do something that you have been doing for decades perhaps with friends or family.

I think we all value different things higher than others, for me the colour of the strip when all said and done wasn't the most important thing, the clubs name and it representing my city is. The badge for me again holds no real affection, the thing has changed loads over the last 20 years, the only thing I want kept is the club name on it and a bluebird. I dislike the current one as it looks like a child has just discovered MS Paint.

Tan has still saved the club and helped us continue to move forwards, it's just a shame that relied heavily on changing kit colours which has split the fans, having said that the attendances haven't been hugely affected as for many it is still their club they have supported since they were nippers. And of course one day will come where we get sold on again, the fans are the only consistency.

A few sets of fans have come and had a pop with their chants, but in all honesty it affect is minimal as most ignore it as they are happy with our situation and the rest agree with the chants, laugh, clap and join in. The chants don't seem to have the affect of let's say, GSTQ. It always creases me how loud we seem to boo when it's sung.

As for Tan, he was a hero when he came in, we were heading the way of Portsmouth and he saved us. Other clubs were taking the foreign coin so we were no different, however, things changed with the change of colour.

The only thing I don't agree with in this thread is the thought that we cheated in anyway. We have never gone in administration so are still maintaining our own debt (and yes it is still there), we also have no loan players this season. No wages are partially funded by premier league teams.

A few sets of fans have come and had a pop with their chants, but in all honesty it affect is minimal as most ignore it as they are happy with our situation and the rest agree with the chants, laugh, clap and join in. The chants don't seem to have the affect of let's say, GSTQ. It always creases me how loud we seem to boo when it's sung.

As for Tan, he was a hero when he came in, we were heading the way of Portsmouth and he saved us. Other clubs were taking the foreign coin so we were no different, however, things changed with the change of colour.

The only thing I don't agree with in this thread is the thought that we cheated in anyway. We have never gone in administration so are still maintaining our own debt (and yes it is still there), we also have no loan players this season. No wages are partially funded by premier league teams.

To be fair, if City had to play in Blue and White or not exist at all (which was a strong possibility for you guys), I would choose a new kit every bloody time.

The past is important, but not as important as the future.

Obviously, I hope that situation never arises

You see now the whole rebrand was supposed to be trade off in exchange for him writing the debt off. So are you saying the debt is still there and you got the rebrand?

Archived