IGNORED

Matt Smith

Eco

Been impressed with his FA Cup appearances, terrorised Liverpool & Everton. No idea if he's available, possibly is with the state of Oldham's finances, think he could he do a job for us.

Reasonably mobile for such a big guy and would surely would be lethal at set pieces, an improvement on Ryan Taylor anyway.

Only 23 and local(ish) lad (Cheltenham) maybe could be tempted to return south.

Well he doubled his career total with his goals against Liverpool and Everton.

Did a relatively good job in Non league, has never really got going in the league...... yet.

Having never watched him, other than highlights, I have no idea if he has something about him to make it further up the league. I would say he is another Ryan Taylor type gamble.

Not sure he is what we need

Having watched Oldham five times this season I can tell you that he is a carthouse and is no good if we are looking to play the ball on the floor (which Oldham try to do too)

However, Jose Baxter is far too good for them. He nearly went to Tranmere in January but signed a new contract (was on a short-term) out of loyalty to Oldham, who took him when nobody else would. He was without a club for 2 months last year.

I'd guess that there are clauses in that contract though and I reckon someone will get him in the summer for around 300k

Jose Baxter loved the life a bit too much and was out on the town and spending all his cash in a similar way to young Michael Johnson, was also painted with the new ro*ney which is a pressure tag.

He very much seems to be a changed man now though. Heard a few interviews with him recently.

If we go down and have to offload the people on high wages (Baldock, possibly Davies) then I reckon Baxter is someone we should be in for.

Archived