IGNORED

Still No Loan Signings

harvey54

Nothing. Nada. Zip, zilch, bugger all.

A couple of young premier players would perk the squad up.

I know Sean says that we have ability in the squad but a new face or too would put some pressure on people who seem to get picked every game despite having no form.

Any whispers?

Yeah I'll whisper it quietly so no one can here.. it will be fontaine and nyaclanga at the back tonight...

Shudder.

Was only saying to a work colleague this morning , it's 3 years since Gary Johnson left and we're still using 2 of his signings at CB. What the **** is it with this club and and that position. Caulker & Bikey aside we've had little quality in that area of the pitch.

But who would we pick up who;

A) will add something immediately without needing to settle (we've not got the time for that)

B) is in our price range and

C) is willing to come here/club is willing to let them go

Don't see many players who'll fit those criteria.

We got SO'D in too late to make any real strides in the market; what we've got is what we're stuck with I reckon.

Was only saying to a work colleague this morning , it's 3 years since Gary Johnson left and we're still using 2 of his signings at CB. What the **** is it with this club and and that position. Caulker & Bikey aside we've had little quality in that area of the pitch.

Imagine that defence: Maloney Caulker Bikey Cunningham with Carey/Skuse as cover!

On the subject of CB's what the hell has happened to Bates?!

Unless there is someone of genuine quality I'd rather stick with what we've got and get some continuity going, get partnerships developing and experience. One of the major problems with Del is that we had no idea who would be playing. Plus getting with getting loans it's an easy way of throwing money down the drain - McManus came with a good reputation, but didn't really add much. Have to remember we've signed Howard, who did look pretty good for the little while he was on for Saturday, so hopefully he can add something.

SOD has made 2 signings both on a free. Moloney who has added great quality and stability at right back and Howard of which we saw glimpses of quality on Saturday. No money spent apart from wages and minimal signing on fee. Trouble with centre backs is we can get new ones without shipping out the rubbish we currently have or we will have the same issue of players on our books doing nothing but collecting pay cheques

I think we all want players to come in but also have to be realistic.

SoD is very intelligent and will wait for the right players to come along, that fit all the criteria. If they don't come along then so be it. He backs himself to get a little bit extra from our lot, and I believe he can do what the likes of Millen and McInnes couldn't do in getting the best out of the likes of Fontaine, Nyatanga, Kilkenny and other squad players that have often failed to step up.

If that is enough to keep us up or not I don't know, but we certainly won't go down with a whimper. I trust him, and think he knows exactly what he is doing and is looking at the bigger picture. McInnes made some good loan signings towards the end of last season, but then think of the money he and the club wasted on the likes of Keinan, Ephraim and probably others I can't remember right now. Not to mention the likes of McManus and Danny Wilson this season. Completely needless and a waste of resources.

SoD has said he wouldn't be signing players for the sake of it and I think we will be lucky to see another signing come in now. One more at most I feel. I am often inpatient and always want new signings but this to me makes sense. Why bother with pointless loan signings just to add depth to the squad? There is absolutely no need to bring in players that are not better than what we have and waste more of the clubs money. I know we are in trouble but it has to stop.

For example if SoD thinks he can get more out of Nyatanga rather than signing a McManus type centre half (who was extremely disappointing, and not really any better than what we already had) then fair play to him. This is also another reason why it's so vital to have a good manager. I think SoD is the man to do this and he has already got us so much more organised.

Yes of course we all want new signings, and a centre half pairing of Fonts and Nyatanga tonight at Palace is far from ideal for me, but I trust SoD. We also need to be mindful of the fact that he hasn't had his strongest team to pick yet, with the likes of Albert being away, Baldock, Cunningham, Killa and Carey all injured plus the new addition of Howard. I certainly believe SoD can get a lot more out of us yet!

This summer will bring another huge clear out of which I look forward to and I'm expecting SOD to get stuck into the market and build a good team around baldock, Davies, Cunningham, Kelly, Moloney, hopefully adomah, and Anderson. Those players form the base of a team that can challenge at the top of the championship. If we can stop the flow of goals at the back, we will be up there. We have scored almost same amount of goals as hull who are up there. Only difference has been goals against. I'm positive for the future

I just want this season over if I'm honest, survive, relegation, I honestly don't care, I just want to see the squad change and it's obvious until we know our fate we won't see that.

If we have the same centre backs next season I may just lose my drive to watch City. I know it sounds drastic or an over reaction but I just can't stand the fact we're not adapting and changing whilst every other team in the league at least seem to be having a punt at it.

I really hope the summer sees a major shake up and a real attempt at rebuilding, my bigger hope is that SOD already has a list of players he'll contact at that point.

He's had a virus , sounds a bit like the one that scuppered the McFadzean deal.

Yeah, that's what I mean, has he still got it? SOD said he wanted to take a look at him once he was fit again - surely the club would have said something if we decided against offering him a new contract. Maybe he's still got it and not trained yet?

I just want this season over if I'm honest, survive, relegation, I honestly don't care, I just want to see the squad change and it's obvious until we know our fate we won't see that.

If we have the same centre backs next season I may just lose my drive to watch City. I know it sounds drastic or an over reaction but I just can't stand the fact we're not adapting and changing whilst every other team in the league at least seem to be having a punt at it.

I really hope the summer sees a major shake up and a real attempt at rebuilding, my bigger hope is that SOD already has a list of players he'll contact at that point.

It certainly wears you down to be scrapping season after season, especially seeing what similar clubs have managed in the same time. Lets hope we have got it right this time and we can start steady steps forward. Next season we need to be looking at mid-table Championship or top 6 L1, we certainly have a core of players capable of it now - just need a few additions.

This summer will bring another huge clear out of which I look forward to and I'm expecting SOD to get stuck into the market and build a good team around baldock, Davies, Cunningham, Kelly, Moloney, hopefully adomah, and Anderson. Those players form the base of a team that can challenge at the top of the championship. If we can stop the flow of goals at the back, we will be up there. We have scored almost same amount of goals as hull who are up there. Only difference has been goals against. I'm positive for the future

The problem is, are we likely to be able to keep those players if we get relegated? Personally I think most if not all the players you have listed there will not be playing for us in league 1.

Nothing. Nada. Zip, zilch, bugger all.

A couple of young premier players would perk the squad up.

I know Sean says that we have ability in the squad but a new face or too would put some pressure on people who seem to get picked every game despite having no form.

Any whispers?

we signed two young prem centre backs on loan in Wilson and Briggs (both could play fallbacks two) and guess what both were not better then the dross we already had,

Just because they play for a prem under 21 team doesn't make them good enough for the championship,

We are in a relegation battle for that you need proven reliable players somthing you won't get on loan at this stage in the season unless there is a falling out at their parent club

The problem is, are we likely to be able to keep those players if we get relegated? Personally I think most if not all the players you have listed there will not be playing for us in league 1.

all are under contract so unless the club bows down to player power then they will all be here next season regardless of our postion,

if a stupid money offer came in however then thats a different story

all are under contract so unless the club bows down to player power then they will all be here next season regardless of our postion,

if a stupid money offer came in however then thats a different story

Contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on these days. if the players want to go they'll be gone.

Besides, isn't there also wage capping in the lower leagues?

Contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on these days. if the players want to go they'll be gone.

Besides, isn't there also wage capping in the lower leagues?

55% of turnover I think.

Edit - Found this. http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/Clubs-agree-introduce-League-salary-cap/story-12760189-detail/story.html#axzz2LM4Dv3y6

What's our turnover....10, 11 million? Which will fall by 2-3 million I would guess in league 1.

So a wage bill at 55% means a max of around 4.5 - 5 million.

What is it now, somewhere towards 18 million? NO WAY will we keep our best players if relegated!

What's our turnover....10, 11 million? Which will fall by 2-3 million I would guess in league 1.

What is it now, somewhere towards 18 million? NO WAY will we keep our best players if relegated!

Don't you just raise revenue with sponsorship deals on everything? The Hargreaves Landsdown training academy perhaps, got to be worth ooooo somewhere in the region of 10-15m a season surely!

God help us if your right though.

Considering who will leave at the end of this season due to either wages or them wanting to, our team next season will be:

1. Gerken

2. Maloney

3. Cunningham (maybe)

4. Nyatanga

5. Fontaine

6. Kelly

7. Anderson

8. Elliott

9. Taylor

10. Burns

11. Pearson

Subs:

Lewis Carey

Foster

Bryan

J Wilson

Reid

That is not good enough to go up so we will need to be busy!

That about sums it up , and illustrates why we couldn't / wouldn't pay the wages for the likes of Bikey and Cisse.

Archived